Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

MrT

I can see your frustration, as a former freezer tm. But as a sfs tl they need to get the orders done and in the freezers within 30 minutes. On top of that with the amount of opu orders coming in i see where the problems come from. However locking the pallets behind empty green racks is not a response that is acceptable.
Also my mom works for a lab that runs the test and i took my test at there and i still had to wait a couple days for my results. There is nowhere that is getting results in 24 hours.
I meant to say too that they shouldnt be making a mess of your area though and that should be mentioned to their tl or yours if you haven't already. Ive had struggles myself with my team making a mess of the style teams back room as well as just a general mess of trash and cardboard. It has taken a while but once i made it very clear that it was unnacceptable it has gotten better

Last edited:
Thanks. I needed to sleep this off. It was my way of venting during the busiest week and I just had it with everyone at work. It's very disrespectful to just toss boxes to the floor, when their are empty racks and u boats to use. I've also requested management back in September for more green racks but nothing. Freezer is the most neglected department in my store... Did I tell you I was pulled out of my department and cover pfresh for two days because of these callouts which accumulated 5 pallets in my freezer? I'm gonna apologize tomorrow. But I'm also gonna open up about these issues.

Just a few questions...

How do you defect out wine, beer and liquor? Do you donate or toss? How to properly process each type?

Also, that Mystic Beer that is on clearance... Can we toss or donate them? I really want the space they are currently occupying. They don't sell well even when they're on clearance.

Thank you!!

Just a few questions...

How do you defect out wine, beer and liquor? Do you donate or toss? How to properly process each type?

Also, that Mystic Beer that is on clearance... Can we toss or donate them? I really want the space they are currently occupying. They don't sell well even when they're on clearance.

Thank you!!
Beer has to be defected out, poured down the drain and recycled