Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I am the only PA at my store. We have a consumables TL. Turns out, if neither of us are there, and if backroom dayside TL (who knows how to run the pfresh truck smoothly unlike the flow TL we have) isn't there, two pallets of dairy will not be done and no backstock in any of the coolers or freezers will be done.

Anyone else see the transition for p fresh for the week of October 11th?

Here is a summary from what I remember

- They are expanding salads. They are adding at least 3 more shelves of salads.
- They are rearranging the berry tables.
- They are adding a 3rd section of meat (to those who currently have 2).
- They are condensing the take as you go and deli sections into 2 sections instead of the current 3
- I believe (I am not 100% sure on this) they are moving the fruit smoothies (naked and bolthouse) to the deli section near the meats. This is how they will add more salads. I also believe with the smoothies moving to deli that backroom will have to backstock them in dairy instead of produce.
- There is a pog for pomegranates that I have no clue where it will go.

That is all I can remember

Me neither till I tried. Figured it was quicker than using mysupport to activate the dpci.
Instead of using mySupport or tagging with As-Is why not just just use DPCI Maintenance in Store Applications? I think it might be quicker. Also, if you get any more in the future you would already be set.

Anyone else see the transition for p fresh for the week of October 11th?

Here is a summary from what I remember

- They are expanding salads. They are adding at least 3 more shelves of salads.
- They are rearranging the berry tables.
- They are adding a 3rd section of meat (to those who currently have 2).
- They are condensing the take as you go and deli sections into 2 sections instead of the current 3
- I believe (I am not 100% sure on this) they are moving the fruit smoothies (naked and bolthouse) to the deli section near the meats. This is how they will add more salads. I also believe with the smoothies moving to deli that backroom will have to backstock them in dairy instead of produce.
- There is a pog for pomegranates that I have no clue where it will go.

That is all I can remember
Some stores around me already vary on salads and grab and go sections. Though for the smoothies, they'll stay as their original fill group.

Instead of using mySupport or tagging with As-Is why not just just use DPCI Maintenance in Store Applications? I think it might be quicker. Also, if you get any more in the future you would already be set.
Depending on the item, doing that will get the system to send you more if you start selling through. Maybe.

Some stores around me already vary on salads and grab and go sections. Though for the smoothies, they'll stay as their original fill group.

Depending on the item, doing that will get the system to send you more if you start selling through. Maybe.

My store has a grab and go section. They are combining it with the 2 other deli sections. Pretty much two 4 by 4 sections will have bertolli pastas, some ready to eat meals in white packaging (i forgot the names), those ready to eat/cook pasta in black packaging, those hormel dinners, mashed potatoes, smoothies, grab and the grab in go stuff. Now I am not 100% sure about the smoothies but I do know they are condensing the deli section at my store

They weren't on pog, nor any revision coming up. So tying them to a dpci won't help. And I rarely get more using sim if it's not on pog.

Anyone not receive pumpkins yet. Said they would be coming in sometime last week but I still havent seen them on our trucks. I assume its an autoshipment first and then we can order later

We've had pumpkins for over a week now. We were shipped 3 pallets. They're the fucking worst. Big ass pallets of shit we won't sell.

So tuesday truck came in today and was twice the size it usually is but STILL no pumpkins....Should I order them? I wonder if there is some shortage on the west coast or something..im so confused. I havent seen any pumpkins for other stores on our trucks either. We are usually first stop so I can see every other stores product

I would try to order them. I had to mysupport the gourds. Beware, the bins we received are huge. Two of the three we received are ~7 feet tall.

So tuesday truck came in today and was twice the size it usually is but STILL no pumpkins....Should I order them? I wonder if there is some shortage on the west coast or something..im so confused. I havent seen any pumpkins for other stores on our trucks either. We are usually first stop so I can see every other stores product
I always try to order pumpkins and gourds every truck after Halloween is tied. They seem to have a small window and never autoship when they should.

We've had pumpkins for over a week now. We were shipped 3 pallets. They're the fucking worst. Big ass pallets of shit we won't sell.

I TPC'd them the day we got them in last year

You can bet your ass I have the DPCI, pinned to my board, so when I am let in by my ETL-Log and told "Hey we got a pallet of pumpkins today", I will do just that.

I TPC'd them the day we got them in last year

You can bet your ass I have the DPCI, pinned to my board, so when I am let in by my ETL-Log and told "Hey we got a pallet of pumpkins today", I will do just that.

I wish my ETL wasn't so strict. He'd be worried that we won't have enough of them to last the TPC, even with the ridiculous quantities, and want more ordered to 'drive sales' AKA cut profits.

I wish my ETL wasn't so strict. He'd be worried that we won't have enough of them to last the TPC, even with the ridiculous quantities, and want more ordered to 'drive sales' AKA cut profits.

If you TPC at a decent margin, not only can you "Drive Sales", but you also cut waste...

Which SHOULD be right behind sales, if you want to be a successful company.

Should and are are two different things, sadly. Leadership gets nervous and often lead to over ordering despite my protests. TPC's are almost always a double edged sword with my leadership. The only time it works out is when we're absolutely forced to reduce things to 50% their original price, or lower.

Our truck was supposed to be twice the normal size today, but then the truck got here and they said it would be Thursday that it's bigger. :rolleyes:

Where is everyone getting these massive amounts of pumpkins from? We got a half bin on a half pallet, about 3 feet tall. They're not selling because they were placed at the back of the freezer aisle... But if we had a full-sized pallet dropped right by the entrance, we would go through it in a week.

If only I could trade places with you. Pumpkins are the absolute worst. When they go bad, the smell is possibly the worst I know of.

We finally got our first pumpkin delivery today. It was two half pallets. I just hope I work the day the second half bin goes empty so it doesn't get thrown away.

Back