Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

This week has just been fantastic

Tuesday get that huge truck that was company wide. It was 2 and a half times more dairy then we usually get on tuesdays and we had 2 people to work the truck. Right now there is one tub and 2 green racks of backstock of the dairy and we have a truck coming in a little over 12 hours from now
Closer called out both Tuesday and Wednesday night with no replacement. 13 hours of market gone. We are usually allocated about 90 TOTAL hours per week. So basically a 15% reduction in our hours
We were supposed to get our huge truck Tuesday, but then they said it would come today. A bit nervous to go in and see the coolers when I close tonight. :confused:

Wow just 3 carts of dairy back stock Last Thursday we had 11 carts of back stock in dairy. After Tuesday's truck and a little back stocking being done and no more room to sto case stock we have 2 metros of dairy back stock right now.

The freezer is a whole other story 14 carts of back stock in there.

We are also lower volume. Like last night our sales couldnt of been more than 70k. A busy weekend is usually 95k +

I'm curious.. What do you guys typically QMOS in dairy in a given week? I've consistently been $400+ every week and it's starting to piss me off.
Ok I looked it up on the Qmos tool and it was just under $500 for this past week but about $200 of that was eggs from yesterday. I actually had time to go through the kazillions of eggs we have on the shelves and shazaaaam, lots of expired ones. Thank you to the asshats that don't FIFO.

Ok I looked it up on the Qmos tool and it was just under $500 for this past week but about $200 of that was eggs from yesterday. I actually had time to go through the kazillions of eggs we have on the shelves and shazaaaam, lots of expired ones. Thank you to the asshats that don't FIFO.
the more you qmos the more that will come in on the next truck, damn if you do and damn if you don't, we have a dilemma here.

to qmos or not to qmos that is the big question.

the more you qmos the more that will come in on the next truck, damn if you do and damn if you don't, we have a dilemma here.
Well they were expiring so I had no choice, but if they had been FIFO'd..........they would have sold before they expired. We have like 12 different types of eggs which is also part of the problem. Completely unnecessary to have that many dpci's.

Well they were expiring so I had no choice, but if they had been FIFO'd..........they would have sold before they expired. We have like 12 different types of eggs which is also part of the problem. Completely unnecessary to have that many dpci's.
i agree wholeheartedly with you too many dcpi's on the eggs. Its not brand or following the correct procedures, but Sometimes i wait a day or two and qmos a few things later to not get too many things on certain truck days. I have only done this 3 times now and tend not to do it.

i agree wholeheartedly with you too many dcpi's on the eggs. Its not brand or following the correct procedures, but Sometimes i wait a day or two and qmos a few things later to not get too many things on certain truck days. I have only done this 3 times now and tend not to do it.
I've been known to manipulate counts to control deliveries a time or two ;)

Got 2 more pallets of pumpkins. Guess what's getting tpc'd? We received an abnormally large push of product today. I was expecting mid size, in came oh my god what the fuck size of five pallets + 2 pumpkin pallets for produce alone.

Still havent gotten pumpkins and still havent see any on the trucks that come in for other stores...so....Not sure whats going on.

Yes we got 2 pallets of pumpkins on Thursday 1 pallet almost gone at the 4.99 price no need to tpc. We got 5 pallets of produce also on Thursday 2 of which were almost apples. 5 boxes of mesh bag honey crisps, 4 mesh bag galas, and 3 boxes of those ugly bright greenish yellow golden apples at 2.99, rest were 1 box of each.

Anyone else seeing an absurd amount of product in their recent deliveries?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like everyone is. lol.
Did you see my post of how many apples I got. This must be cause of the sfq sales floor quantity, must be off and just sending us more and more. Today I got 12 boxes of ripe almost rotten bananas thanks fdc.

Did you see my post of how many apples I got. This must be cause of the sfq sales floor quantity, must be off and just sending us more and more. Today I got 12 boxes of ripe almost rotten bananas thanks fdc.
When I updated my capacities for a lot of things, they were just wrong. Ground beef had a capacity of 4 in a spot that fits 18. Though the FDC is screwing with our orders as well, cut the stuff we need over send on everything else. They must be clearing their stock again, just wish they didn't screw stores in the process.

When I updated my capacities for a lot of things, they were just wrong. Ground beef had a capacity of 4 in a spot that fits 18. Though the FDC is screwing with our orders as well, cut the stuff we need over send on everything else. They must be clearing their stock again, just wish they didn't screw stores in the process.

Yep. Now that we can't TPC meat, we're essentially being forced to take huge losses. I've resorted to couponing meat in advance just so it has a chance to sell. A lot of the chicken we don't sell much of is being shoved down our throats. When you mix in the ridiculous quantities of stuff we're receiving in dairy, produce, meat, and to some extent, deli, with the cuts in hours, we're doomed. I have product that only has a couple of days to sell before I have to toss it when I finally get a chance to put it out. It's pure insanity right now and no one seems to care about losses.

Anyone else seeing an absurd amount of product in their recent deliveries?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like everyone is. lol.
Is it just one huge delivery, or just lately they have been huge? I know on Redwire we were told we would be getting a giant one (but never did), and now they're doing HQ TPCs to get through the product.

Is it just one huge delivery, or just lately they have been huge? I know on Redwire we were told we would be getting a giant one (but never did), and now they're doing HQ TPCs to get through the product.

For the last week, my store has been getting large deliveries across all departments. I'm at a super with a large dairy cooler. Nearly all of the wacos are full. It's really concerning but the STL and my ETL don't seem too worried.

Like DoWork said, the past few deliveries have been noticeably larger, but Thursday we received an extra pallet and a half, and our Saturday wasn't any smaller to compensate.

We were informed about a large freezer delivery, but hadn't heard anything about the ton of dairy we got.

Back