Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Yes I qmos'd about $400 in yogurt yesterday. Yay

Lately, at least for me, we have been qmosing less and less dated product. Mainly, at least once a week, someone goes throughout p fresh and shortdates product. Though we still have some expired product being pushed to the floor my flow from the autofills, it is a lot less than a year ago.

Anyone else adding 2 more produce table and reducing the bakery tables by 2? I think that is what our transition next week is doing.

Our sales are up roughly a third across the board since Fab hit. Our qmos rate has grown about 20%. Most losses are due to unnecessary flexing and ordering which we are trying to get under control. I'm also trying to get the team to focus on what I see as high sales areas, like bagged salads, vegetables, lunchables, and anything on the value wall in produce.

I've finally had a chance to look at the numbers and while I like the increase in sales, our departments need to do better with stocking and proper rotation to reduce waste and encourage more sales.

Organics are growing pretty well, too, but the unreliable availability really hurts our numbers and overall appearance.

#fabisashittonofwork

Last edited:
Our sales are up roughly a third across the board since Fab hit. Our qmos rate has grown about 20%. Most losses are due to unnecessary flexing and ordering which we are trying to get under control. I'm also trying to get the team to focus on what I see as high sales areas, like bagged salads, vegetables, lunchables, and anything on the value wall in produce.

I've finally had a chance to look at the numbers and while I like the increase in sales, our departments need to do better with stocking and proper rotation to reduce waste and encourage more sales.

Organize are growing pretty well, too, but the unreliable availability really hurts our numbers and overall appearance.

#fabisashittonofwork

PFAB stores need more market hours...

Always told more sales more hours right? BS.

Lately, at least for me, we have been qmosing less and less dated product. Mainly, at least once a week, someone goes throughout p fresh and shortdates product. Though we still have some expired product being pushed to the floor my flow from the autofills, it is a lot less than a year ago.

Anyone else adding 2 more produce table and reducing the bakery tables by 2? I think that is what our transition next week is doing.

A Great thing to help with this, is getting the backroom SDA done first. THEN doing the Sales Floor. As if the SDA for the Sales Floor gets done first, product QMOs'd from the floor will likely end up on the 7:30 Pfresh pull, which likely will also be out of date, but not be in the SDA as it no longer has a Location.

GL getting the BR to do the BR-SDA as soon as they get in however.

Last edited:

We're a super and we're getting raped for hours. Seems like it got worse when the new set came in. This only leads to two possible outcomes: a lack of product on the floor or a lack of quality. It's one or the other. Both cannot be done with hours currently given to us. I believe my management is finally beginning to understand what I've been bluntly telling them: give us more hours, or there's going to be outdated and rotten product on the floor since all they care about is abundance.

A Great thing to help with this, is getting the backroom SDA done first. THEN doing the Sales Floor. As if the SDA for the Sales Floor gets done first, product QMOs'd from the floor will likely end up on the 7:30 Pfresh pull, which likely will also be out of date, but not be in the SDA as it no longer has a Location.

We do both sdas at our store. I normally get the cull and those done before the 7:30 pull.

Please. I'll pay you to just toss the pumpkins or set them on fire at the DC. Stop sending me pumpkins!

And here I sit still with no pumpkins. I cant order them because I cant display them. It said we were supposed to get the half pallet displays on the autoshipment and then everything after that would be whole pallets that arent the display ones

In my stores case I was literally told we actually are supposed to get like 35 or so more hours than we are getting but they allocate them somewhere else. Not sure why we get screwed but whatever. If they ever give me crap or come after the workcenter...its their own fault for only giving us 70% of the hours we are supposed to be getting. I actually hope Corporate knows about this because I assume this is happening at alot of stores and the stores leadership is purposely screwing over their Pfresh departments and putting the hours somewhere else

Last edited:

First thing I do when I get in is SF Check date on the mydevice and it leads you right into backroom. Do other people not do this? I usually do this and then do the cull, and THEN do pulls since my backroom apparently decided F IT and doesnt pull any pfresh til after 730

First thing I do when I get in is SF Check date on the mydevice and it leads you right into backroom. Do other people not do this? I usually do this and then do the cull, and THEN do pulls since my backroom apparently decided F IT and doesnt pull any pfresh til after 730
We have a CAF for the Pfresh fillgroups that drops at 7:30am. That's probably why it doesn't get done until then.

I wish I could do this. I'm scheduled at 8 am, even on truck days, so I come in to no pdas, mydevices and half dead walkies. Have to rush to get pfresh cull done before flow pushes or guest start shopping. so much for 9am freshness :D

Woot for backroom team members that put produce on a green rolling rack that is red tagged as "Do Not Use". :)
Dumb arse. On Anothet note I thought pfab. Was about getting more produce out not back stocking the produce that was already out on the sales floor.

We have a CAF for the Pfresh fillgroups that drops at 7:30am. That's probably why it doesn't get done until then.

That CAF from my understanding is for the QMOS that you do before then so you can get it out on the floor after culling it. I dont really mind them pulling that late but sometimes they dont even have everything pulled until 8:30 or so

So my pfresh scored well. No reason why it wouldn't. There was no chance of pfresh having anything bad on the floor or anything dirty, thank you plano team. She called out something about a bit of mold in the lining of the produce cooler door.

Store is red. 50/100 because fucKING FOOD AVE GOD DAMMIT.

I ordered that big box of cool labels, but in a pfresh store you barely need them. Anything packaged and any bulk item that has at least 50% stickered don't need cool labels. Kind of a waste of the $80 or whatever we spent, but whatever.

2 pallets of market pantry turkeys arrived today thanks FDC now don't send any more market pantry turkeys our guests only buy the butterballs PFAB sucks that third table is so empty right now really 3 spots for hot house tomatoes They are still send the same amount of bakery and now we only have 1 table for bakery. Limes and lemons on a table they are almost rotten after 2 days time to toss.

They're going to tell you to order based on demand to eliminate waste. When they see how empty that looks, they'll say order more and you'll be back to throwing a ton of shit away.

Back