Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

We literally have no milk vendor product.

We are fucked

We were told my our milk vendor that they are going back to computer/system ordering instead of having the drivers do the ordering. So if you have a starbucks in your store or are extremely close to a starbucks with no other grocery store, you are screwed.

We were told my our milk vendor that they are going back to computer/system ordering instead of having the drivers do the ordering. So if you have a starbucks in your store or are extremely close to a starbucks with no other grocery store, you are screwed.

Driver ordering sucked because we got too much quarts.

Does reseaeching help now

Who's your milk vendor? I know a few of them are under the same parent company so now I'm worried this might be more of a global change. The only things I run out of are halfs and cottage cheese and that's still pretty rare.

Some of it.. I carry a shelf of MP that comes in FDC and I also have a shelf that my Hiland vendor brings in. The Hiland stuff sells a lot faster than MP

After having Saturday off, I come in Sunday to literally no milk. I found out the Starbucks in the bought milk 3 times Saturday. One etl is seriously limiting how much milk one person/group can buy. I get we sold the milk but we upset a lot of people when we didnt have the basic MP 2%, whole and fat free in both the whole gallon and 1/2 gallon sizes.

After having Saturday off, I come in Sunday to literally no milk. I found out the Starbucks in the bought milk 3 times Saturday. One etl is seriously limiting how much milk one person/group can buy. I get we sold the milk but we upset a lot of people when we didnt have the basic MP 2%, whole and fat free in both the whole gallon and 1/2 gallon sizes.
Time to increase your milk order to compensate your sales. We get a fax, yes you still can get a fax , every Monday for the next 4 deliveries of what they are going to send us. we look at it and adust it and call it in each delivery day for the next delivery its that simple Please talk to your local milk vendor. Oh and you will need more TMs to push that extra milk that ain't gonna happen.

Time to increase your milk order to compensate your sales. We get a fax, yes you still can get a fax , every Monday for the next 4 deliveries of what they are going to send us. we look at it and adust it and call it in each delivery day for the next delivery its that simple Please talk to your local milk vendor. Oh and you will need more TMs to push that extra milk that ain't gonna happen.

I dont see any reason why our milk vendor wont do this. They just switched from driver ordering to computer/HQ ordering. I am sure they can send us something.

We totally didnt get enough milk today.

At least we got all the new fixtures for the upcoming p fresh transition

I dont see any reason why our milk vendor wont do this. They just switched from driver ordering to computer/HQ ordering. I am sure they can send us something.

We totally didnt get enough milk today.

At least we got all the new fixtures for the upcoming p fresh transition
For us we are able to call them up and get additional orders. No idea if they are computer ordered now but it could explain some of the cuts.

Is anyone willing to say what company is doing this? Didn't see my Hiland guy rep (he ordered Monday for our Tuesday drop) so I'm not sure if we're participating in this or not.

@Hardlinesmaster That's not what I'm asking. I'm merely inquiring as to what the vendor is that the TMs have experienced an order process change with.

I AM a CTL, I'm just trying to figure out if I need to be on the watch for something or not.

@Hardlinesmaster That's not what I'm asking. I'm merely inquiring as to what the vendor is that the TMs have experienced an order process change with.

I AM a CTL, I'm just trying to figure out if I need to be on the watch for something or not.
Ask the person who delivers your milk. Our vendor was great, till he had retired. Then, it got real bad after that.

How about everyone having issues with not enough milk, Google it to find the parent company and post here to compare. That way nobody has to potentially post a local company name of they don't want to give that much info on here.

So those additional orders FDC has apparently been giving us, weren't actually sent to the store. If my inventory was anything to go by. So many counts were wrong in the wrong direction.

Please. I'll pay you to just toss the pumpkins or set them on fire at the DC. Stop sending me pumpkins!

I wish I could cancel a week's worth of frozen pallets so that we can sell the shit that's actually in the back

If you had the time and personnel to do so, you could drop manuals for the frozen fillgroups so that product gets pushed to the floor, then more of the product from the truck will be backstocked. Ideally, the older product from the stockrooms should be sold before the newer product from the truck, but ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Anyone care to tell me what the hell PFAB is?

It is a new set that will pretty much double the amount of produce/yogurt you will have on the floor. We were a pilot for it. Sales wise we have had some pretty crazy numbers, all produce up in sales by like 35-50% Bakery will go down.

The amount of work to maintain PFresh gets even harder however, as there will be a lot more shorter dated product on the floor.

It is a new set that will pretty much double the amount of produce/yogurt you will have on the floor. We were a pilot for it. Sales wise we have had some pretty crazy numbers, all produce up in sales by like 35-50% Bakery will go down.

The amount of work to maintain PFresh gets even harder however, as there will be a lot more shorter dated product on the floor.

It doubles yogurt too?

god dammit.

Back