Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Also question for everybody...our produce cooler is so tiny we have to put the apples in the ambient room..anyone else do this or do they cram all the apples in the produce cooler? The fillgroup is supposed to be the cooler but if we did that there wouldnt ever be room in there.

What usually happens at my store is that apples, grapes, berries, cantaloupe, watermelon, etc. that can't fit on the shelves during C+S push go onto a tub (or flatbed). We usually don't backstock these -- we just push the tub into the cooler and bring it out whenever product is light on the shelves. We did backstock them before, but we were running out of room with backstocked boxes of veggies, bagged salads, etc. so we stopped doing that to save space.

If it's only one box of apples, we would just leave it on the bottom of the metro rack to be pushed again later with autofills.

Also question for everybody...our produce cooler is so tiny we have to put the apples in the ambient room..anyone else do this or do they cram all the apples in the produce cooler? The fillgroup is supposed to be the cooler but if we did that there wouldnt ever be room in there.

My store has apples in the ambient room, and BR does pull individual apples (unless we need a lot on the floor, then they will pull an entire pack). My produce cooler is pretty small (kind of like a long closet).

My store has apples in the ambient room, and BR does pull individual apples (unless we need a lot on the floor, then they will pull an entire pack). My produce cooler is pretty small (kind of like a long closet).

Mine has 3 green racks, 2 on the left and the last on the back wall...with that there you can fit a pallet and a rolling green rack and thats it...its pretty tiny

Mine has 3 green racks, 2 on the left and the last on the back wall...with that there you can fit a pallet and a rolling green rack and thats it...its pretty tiny
When I walk into mine there are two floor to ceiling racks on the left and right, and then one on the small wall facing the door. The metro rack probably has a foot and a half from the middle of the room to the racks, but it sounds like yours is even smaller.

I have three metros on both sides and one on the third side just for pull/backstock...one of the left side racks has half wacos.

yeah.... 3 pallets of EGGS thanks headquarters, they are in the ad on Sunday for 99 cents, I'm sure we will sell them and probably get 2 more pallets before easter and sell through them too.

STOP pushing that DAMN CABBAGE !!! i have 8 boxes of CABBAGE now, I have TPC'd it to 79 cents and still no one is buying it.

yeah.... 3 pallets of EGGS thanks headquarters, they are in the ad on Sunday for 99 cents, I'm sure we will sell them and probably get 2 more pallets before easter and sell through them too.

STOP pushing that DAMN CABBAGE !!! i have 8 boxes of CABBAGE now, I have TPC'd it to 79 cents and still no one is buying it.
Lol, we got one pallet. 25 cases of eggs. Maybe half went to the floor.

They pushed us one case of cabbage plus the one I ordered. At .79 I have 9 left from the case and ordered another...but yeah I'll be trying saurkraut again and making coleslaw for lunch.

Just saw the ammount of eggs we got Friday when I was gone. I know we will sell through most if not all of them but it wasnt overkill for what they sent us.

We are trying to get back on track and one of my ETLS wants us to literally cull and enter in SDA the produce table, bakery table. the entire stretch between eggs and berries which has yogurt, juices and produce inbetween, back wall dairy, and then meat through cheese for the entire G13 aisle. And wants us to do this for opening and closing. Is this unreasonable? I asked how much time they actually expect this to take because you have to literally check EVERY single piece of product if you are doing it correctly and what they actually want. Unlike some people in here I also have to work out all my morning pulls from 6am and 7:30am, and if its a truck day backstock all the green rack so C+S is good to go when they start. Then there is morning huddle and break which usually its about 40-45 minutes

enter in SDA the produce table, bakery table.
you must be in my district... i had the kings hawaiian on my SDA today, I thought WTF ... we check all bakery every day don't need that in the SDA. WE do not put produce, bakery, milk, meat into the SDA
it is the closing PA duties to check these dates every night.

we sold 1 pallet of EGGS on Sunday 900+ eggs gone and Monday so far have sold about 400+ ... wow they are selling FAST. We are getting about 1,000 more Eggs on Tuesdays FDC truck.

We don't put produce, dairy, bakery, milk or meat in our SDA either. It's checked every morning during the morning cull. I have had bagged salads and cut veggies showing up in the SDA lately so somebody somewhere in my district is putting it in. Total waste of time. I just scan it and hit OK.

Qmosqueen that's is a crap-ton of eggs to sell in a day and a half!

Has anyone done the SDAs with the new my devices yet? I done it a couple of times, but today when I did it, when I answered I found outdated, it asked how many I'm tossing out. So it automatically damaged them out which was cool.

Has anyone done the SDAs with the new my devices yet? I done it a couple of times, but today when I did it, when I answered I found outdated, it asked how many I'm tossing out. So it automatically damaged them out which was cool.
Oh thank god. I hope this is how it is. How it wasnt set up like this to begin with is a mystery to me. Such a pain to go through the SDA and then have to rescan it and QMOS it all

Also our inventory is on the 7th and we are supposed to be switching to ALL my devices on the 6th and the PDAs will be wiped and not able to be used. That is going to be a huge mess. Whoever decided TINV inventory should be right after Easter AND when we are switching equipment, I hate you. The whole scheduling with the truck and the my device thing is having me worried about how effective this inventory is going to be. Is TINV even on the mydevices currently? I always use a PDA

Also we dont SDA in the produce, meat or bakery, at least I dont. I was just trying to list everything together. I just think its a waste of time to go through everything 7-14 times a week. The yogurt dates arent going to change in 1 day out there. Its not like its suddenly going to move up 14 days and be expired. As long as people are checking when they push it shouldnt be an issue. I brought up it would be much more effective to make a full round once per week instead of going overkill on it and checking it twice a day...the WHOLE pfresh section

Also not sure if this is company wide but we have a huge beverage transition coming up so check for that on workbench if you guys havent. I think its in a month or so.

Last edited:
It's so fast now (as long as the mydevice decides it will be working that day). :p

pfreshdude the PDA's are not being "wiped out". Back room will still be using them because there is no equivalent to RF apps on the my devices yet. Stores are keeping the 9200's for that purpose so for TINV you will be able to use a PDA.

pfreshdude the PDA's are not being "wiped out". Back room will still be using them because there is no equivalent to RF apps on the my devices yet. Stores are keeping the 9200's for that purpose so for TINV you will be able to use a PDA.

I hope my STL and ETLS know that...they literally said "wiped" and we wont have the PDAs

I hope my STL and ETLS know that...they literally said "wiped" and we wont have the PDAs
They are being sent back. If you don't have any of the newer ones it might be sparse for a but, but you must if backroom wants to work.

The number allotted is crazy though. We looked it up today fir our store it's nine. Our receiver hoards one, guest service does as well. That's seven for the rest of the store. Six if it's a c&s day cause I need one.

But pricing, instocks, backroom and flow will possibly have to share seven between them.

We rarely sda anything. I do it when my openers piss me off. I don't open so if there are oodles of dates in there it's no skin off my back. Usually yogurt or cheese, sometimes lunch meat or bacon. Definitely not produce or fresh meat.

Once again, this is a case of ETLs/STL having no clue what's going on because they apparently have no reading comprehension skills. Stores are keeping the 9200s, but all older models of the PDA and all LPDAs are being sent back. Without PDAs, Backroom can't do their job since there is not much in the way of Backroom functionality on the myDevices yet. For the most part, everyone else can use the myDevice to do their workload.

My not-in-the-know ETLs were just discussing this yesterday and are convinced that we missed an update and that you should be able to pull batches with the myDevice (as if pulling batches is the only function that's missing from the myDevice that is currently on RFApps/PDAs...Hello, pallet tracking, sweeps, TINV, mispick, SCNT, bcode, brlm, MIR, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if they pack them all up and ship them out leaving us unable to pull cafs for a couple weeks! I told them that they need to reread whatever email or guide they read. There's no way we're sending back the 9200s at this point.

Last edited:
Once again, this is a case of ETLs/STL having no clue what's going on because they apparently have no reading comprehension skills. Stores are keeping the 9200s, but all older models of the PDA and all LPDAs are being sent back. Without PDAs, Backroom can't do their job since there is not much in the way of Backroom functionality on the myDevices yet. For the most part, everyone else can use the myDevice to do their workload.

My not-in-the-know ETLs were just discussing this yesterday and are convinced that we missed an update and that you should be able to pull batches with the myDevice (as if pulling batches is the only function that's missing from the myDevice that is currently on RFApps/PDAs...Hello, pallet tracking, sweeps, TINV, mispick, SCNT, bcode, brlm, MIR, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if they pack them all up and ship them out leaving us unable to pull cafs for a couple weeks! I told them that they need to reread whatever email or guide they read. There's no way we're sending back the 9200s at this point.
Your luck they re-read it only to think they need to send only the 9200s back...

We don't have them fir everywhere yet, but my endcaps are starting to have that issue...luckily the same person usually works Sat night so I can get it fixed.

Yep. I have that problem as well.

I'm glad the sale on eggs is halfway done. Guests keeps flipping the cartons upside down/breaking and leaving it in the cooler endcap. Today an egg spilled out on me and partially into my pocket. :(

Back