Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

The lack of hours for market is making prep for resets and inventory so much more difficult. Several days a week we have someone in market for four hours total, and yet they wonder why nothing is done. :/ Corporate either needs to allow more hours or to give us magic wands to get everything done...

And i thought my store was bad..... We usually have someone working "market" from 6am to 7pm. Next week it is 7am-2pm and 3pm-7pm for coverage

Thanks Hardlinesmaster & qmosqueen!! I will save a copy of this.

Funny thing happened regarding this gun. I was looking in WB for the instructions and keep getting the gun policy pages. Then I got locked out of WB. Later, while I was working on Mclane, 3 policemen, in full uniform came shopping in my aisle. I was like, "Am I in trouble?" I asked my HR and they said no and helped me fix my login. Hehe.
I remember when we used to have to ticket everything... It was like a secret trade. Now only a few people know how to do it.

I find loading the meat labels for the printer in the ambient room alot worse than the date guns. That thing always takes me a while to change out and is annoying

Can someone tell me how to load a monarch gun? Sorry, none in the pfresh team knows. I think I got locked out of workbench bec I kept typing "date gun".
There are youtube videos for it. I had to look it up one day because no one else in p-fresh knew how lmao

Taking over more departments along with market, but I can't think of anyone to be my 2nd PA. The people I would trust to be in the position are already being used in brand spots, and the people that could maybe get there with training I know they won't actually give me training time with. :(

i sure hope Presentation/Plano set the freezers on Sunday into Monday, we still have 4 pallets of 007, new product to push once the freezer transition is set.

FDC has been cutting and not sending us what we order !!

We order 40 1lb strawberries ... receive 10 .
order 10 2lb strawberries receive zero.

now we receive NO red or green grapes and all the apples have mostly been discontinued, no more spiderman bagged apples. :(

i laugh when i read the my support page and read the list of items the FDC is not sending us ... they say to Flex to make it full.

What I have cucumbers, cut veggies flex everywhere on my berry wall !!

and single apples flexed all over the 1st table since we are low and almost out of bagged apples !!

FDC please send what I order, I order almost 380 pieces of produce and only receive 240 pieces .

now we receive NO red or green grapes and all the apples have mostly been discontinued, no more spiderman bagged apples. :(

i laugh when i read the my support page and read the list of items the FDC is not sending us ... they say to Flex to make it full.

and single apples flexed all over the 1st table since we are low and almost out of bagged apples !!

FDC please send what I order, I order almost 380 pieces of produce and only receive 240 pieces .
Yup me too. And I'm still going around and around with mysupport about the fricking 8# bag of oranges. They keep saying everything looks fine from their end. I keep telling them no option to order shows up. :mad:

I find loading the meat labels for the printer in the ambient room alot worse than the date guns. That thing always takes me a while to change out and is annoying

The hardest part about the Meat Scale (and it gets me about EVERYTIME), is that it is actually A LOT easier than I think.... I blame it on how many times I have had to load the Bakery gun.

I saw this and thought you guys would get a laugh out of it.

13094296_1227740200593296_7985384620558851610_n.jpg

If you know certain items are being cut for whatever reason, order extra (meaning go over your guardrail) for items to fill those holes. They would rather have us go over the guardrail than have multiple holes due to cuts that are out of our control. Yes, you are always to go over guardrail if it makes sense

If you know certain items are being cut for whatever reason, order extra (meaning go over your guardrail) for items to fill those holes. They would rather have us go over the guardrail than have multiple holes due to cuts that are out of our control. Yes, you are always to go over guardrail if it makes sense
I'd agree if they didn't still cut it anyway.

Funny you mention guardrails. My DTL wanted to know why our guardrails were red. Produce up 25%, fresh and full a win on every visit even with so many cuts.....yup I exceed guardrails all the time.

My STL said for us to go over the guardrail and my TL specifically said it wouldn't affect our review next year when the metrics are used for judgement

Funny you mention guardrails. My DTL wanted to know why our guardrails were red. Produce up 25%, fresh and full a win on every visit even with so many cuts.....yup I exceed guardrails all the time.
I never once stayed within guardrails. Nobody cared. I ordered what made sense and we didn't run out unless cuts. Not anymore...lol.

The lack of hours for market is making prep for resets and inventory so much more difficult. Several days a week we have someone in market for four hours total, and yet they wonder why nothing is done. :/ Corporate either needs to allow more hours or to give us magic wands to get everything done...
I'm the only PA in our store, they only give me a few flow members for a hour or two. The dairy and freezer coolers are always packed to the door. Nothing gets completed anymore. Market looks so bad.

G19 Freezer Aisle is getting set tonight, thats the Smart one, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice and Kids Meal Aisle. good luck Plano/Presentation team.

Don't forget I have 4 pallets of new product to push in my backroom freezer !!

Sorry to butt in again, but wanted to be sure about this. Going into "manage inventory" and the fill group, that creates a manual CAF, right? So it wouldn't drop into EXF or something but straight to CAF when CAF drops, right? I tested it today but wasn't able to check into a PDA. Sorry.

Going into "manage inventory" and the fill group, that creates a manual CAF, right?

I believe so, but I haven't used a MyDevice since before that feature was added. Anyone else?

So it wouldn't drop into EXF or something but straight to CAF when CAF drops, right? I tested it today but wasn't able to check into a PDA. Sorry.

If you want that to happen, start a fill batch (EXF), but instead of closing the batch, delete it. That's not the same as a manual CAF, though; a manual CAF will be a separate batch.

If you need a lot of stuff filled, just drop the EXF instead. Your backroom team would likely prefer not to have huge CAF batches, since they're timed and whatnot.

Sorry to butt in again, but wanted to be sure about this. Going into "manage inventory" and the fill group, that creates a manual CAF, right? So it wouldn't drop into EXF or something but straight to CAF when CAF drops, right? I tested it today but wasn't able to check into a PDA. Sorry.
Please don't mess around with manual CAFs without first checking with the backroom team.

Please don't mess around with manual CAFs without first checking with the backroom team.

mrknownothing said:
If you need a lot of stuff filled, just drop the EXF instead. Your backroom team would likely prefer not to have huge CAF batches, since they're timed and whatnot.

Oh ok. I'm sorry about that.

Last edited:
Back