Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

we had the smallest truck in about 1 year today... about 500 piece truck normal Wednesday is about 900 pieces.

today we had 100 Dairy, 300 Produce (cuts too), 100 Freezer.
that's it very small FDC truck, we got the entire truck done in record time 6 AM to 10 AM, along with 4 auto caf metros to push.
yup, truck was extremely small today too. My pulls were like a box or two per food room

Thank you guys for your support.

How many of you locate your cases in produce and meat? Spoke to a few TLs and ETLs at other stores that I know and they dont locate in those coolers...

Yup can also agree with that super small Wednesday truck. Seems like tons and tons of cuts at the FDC. Must've got cleared out from Memorial Day.

I work a a ULV store and we don't locate bakery /produce/meat ; only dairy and freezer Are located. It's small enough that I can manage it myself

We locate everything except bananas, bulk frozen meat (i.e. turkeys), and vendor items. Our produce and dairy coolers have multiple pallet drop locations, so we use those as needed for berries, melons, eggs, etc.

We stopped locating bagged salads and cut veggies for a week or so a few months ago, but RedWire said to start locating them again.

I don't think anything is located in produce, bakery, deli, or meat in my store.

I stopped locating any of my fresh meats awhile ago but I do locate my lunch meats and frozen meats. Though I question why I bother, since they never pull what we need. And they pull the stuff I backstcok in the morning. I usually purge all location once a week to ensure it all gets out. Might just forget locating it all together pretty soon.

I stopped locating any of my fresh meats awhile ago but I do locate my lunch meats and frozen meats. Though I question why I bother, since they never pull what we need. And they pull the stuff I backstcok in the morning. I usually purge all location once a week to ensure it all gets out. Might just forget locating it all together pretty soon.
Capacities for meat have to be changed whenever it gets set as it'll always be wrong.

Wow.

Promoted to PA and just WOW!

I am responsible for so much.

I am looking for any and all tips and tricks. Its just my TL and I switching between opening and mid-shifts.

Between leftover Truck push. Milk Order. Pfresh Order. That whole Market reset (Terrible execution in my store)

Does it ever get better?

Alrighty, let's first start off with your store. I take it you're just a Pfresh store? What are your average hours each week and hours per shift? How often is your TL in Pfresh and you have no other PAs, correct?

The POG with vegetables.

I have always complained that the shelf needed to be moved higher for the carrots and the sugar snap peas (tall bag) because it was too cramped. And the same for the cucumber shelf and pepper shelf.

Today I realized "oh right. I can actually move the shelves."

Thank you guys for your support.

How many of you locate your cases in produce and meat? Spoke to a few TLs and ETLs at other stores that I know and they dont locate in those coolers...

Yup can also agree with that super small Wednesday truck. Seems like tons and tons of cuts at the FDC. Must've got cleared out from Memorial Day.
As of right now, we got most of the truck done today and not much is left over. But my ETL HL is trying to get p-fresh back on track. Hardly anything ever gets monarched and backstocked. None of the PAs think it's their responsibility to shoot any EXFs. Product fresh off the truck gets pushed first and older backstock sits in the boxes to expire. One PA flexes like mad and never FIFO's. ETL had me 4x4 yogurt, and another TM 4x4 the dairy/deli aisles. She even left a sign over the time clock telling them NOT TO FLEX and one actually did and ETL was suuuuuuuuper pissed. Our p-fresh traffic should die down soon. A lot of grocery stores have closed and our sales picked up majorly. A supermarket behind my store should be opening up next week.

Wow, that's surprising that you guys have to FIFO.

Outs are very rare for my store mostly because everything is almost always in the right spot. At least in everything minus frozen.

Wow, that's surprising that you guys have to FIFO.

Outs are very rare for my store mostly because everything is almost always in the right spot. At least in everything minus frozen.
Everything gets so over flexed and packed out so no one pulls any to check dates. More get piled on the front. Even just today, I pulled a whole cart of raw meat out of the coolers that expired yesterday/today. It gets hidden behind newer product. It's really annoying.

and the counts. THE COUNTS ARE SO OFF ITS INSANE

Like I mentioned earlier, I only locate my lunch meats and frozen. But my fresh meats (chicken, ground beef, hamburger patties, steaks, pork, etc...) I don't locate. I honestly haven't notice any effect from locating and not locating. The same amount still come and always low on many items across the board regardless if they were located. Do you guys think locating my fresh meats have any effect on anything? My team knows where everything are and just pull when we need it on the floor. But if someone outside the department tries to check with the mydevice, it would read 0 (again only for fresh meats).

I was thinking of stop locating lunch meats and frozen as well. Like I said my team and I have to purge it once a week to ensure things go out. Going through and updating capacity as I see it.

Opening today has gone very very well. All milk is pushed, produce table is full, front end banana rack and bins are full, area is zoned, bakery is full, meat and salads are all pushed.

Something is going to go wrong. I can sense it. I can safely conclude that we will lose power today from storms

Last edited:
Alrighty, let's first start off with your store. I take it you're just a Pfresh store? What are your average hours each week and hours per shift? How often is your TL in Pfresh and you have no other PAs, correct?

A normal shift that I have is 6am - 2pm

Truck team comes in staggered after 8am with our trucks usually coming in at 7am-ish. They each have 5 hours to zone-push-backstock their area. Usually have 2 people in each cooler. 2 Dairy - 2 Frozen and 1 peron in Meat and 1 in Produce and I usually float between produce and meat.

Nothing went wrong today

Only thing at my store that "went wrong" is that C&S didnt show up the whole time I was there and still wasnt there when our C&S push team came in so...not sure what they are going to do about that...probably send them home if they want and they will push after flow tommorow

Flexing in the coolers should only be happening if there's too much of one product and it's been TPC'd or the product for the intended location is out and not expected to arrive with the next truck. Flip labels should also be mandatory. As for the backroom, I think that LOCUing a section of produce the night before the truck or with autofills really helps to keep the back accurate and free of bad product.

on non truck days we push to the floor, as much out of the ambient, meat and produce cooler as we can, subt and create exp batches.

Back