Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Still waiting for Plano to do our yogurt revision... yogurt always looks empty because of discontinued items...

Our product literally sat in the backroom for 2 weeks. The STL made whoever was opening market set it I believe even though we get like 50 hours top FOR THE ENTIRE Week for the ENTIRE market section. Could of had PLANO actually do their freaking job but no, I mean lets just set other shit and have perishables sit there for 2 weeks taking up space.

Between Plano and C&S crap I am losing my mind. The other day I had to push out bakery, meat, and 2 other pallets of C&S push. They cut from C&S push and then just double dip and take the hours from ME to do it. That was their brilliant plan when I asked what their plan was to get this pushed out and backstocked. OH, ya you get to push it. Geez thanks, I was wondering what I could do with all that free time I have in a 4 hour shift, thank you so much.

I love helping other teams, I dont mind at all, but when my store shafts market on hours and then dumps other workloads from other workcenters on us it pisses me off. We allready backstock all our stuff too.

The key to a clean produce cooler is to only have what you need. Anything that you order is under your control. Spread your orders out so as to not keep too much product in the back. Have backstock pushed before deliveries.

Dairy is something that someone needs to stay on top of. Whoever's backstocking should also FIFO WACOs so that old product gets pulled first. Scan the floor and fill often. Keep an eye on dates in the back. A good way to quickly audit things that might be close to best by dates is to just look at the BCODE tags. Its January and I have a box on the top of a rack from November? Maybe I should take a look at that. Past that, challenge backroom to pay attention to the dates of what they're pulling. They're the first line of defense against it making it out to the floor.

From my experience half of my produce cooler is packed with stuff I dont even order. They always send us way to much juice for that section

Dry market tl? Haven't heard that in forever

Right. We havent had that position in like 2 years. Its just like 3 PAs with almost zero TL input or a TL even working in there. Its rediculous. I know I complain about my store alot and it probably sounds horrible but my leadership is actually all fairly hard working and I do get along with most of them. It is more the situation of Market being shafted on hours and then having other workloads dumped on us or very unrealistic expectations while other workcenters can screw around and it doesnt matter at all because their work still gets down by someone else eventually

And speaking of hours, where do you find out how much you SHOULD be getting and is that realistic to ask for from your leadership?

If corporate says I should be getting X but the store doesnt even give me X divided in half how the hell am I supposed to do my job?

The Pfresh/Market area at my store gets around 50 hours a week for the last month or so and it was like this in the few months leading up to the holidays and I am concerned this is just the new normal now and I need to quit and find another job. I used to get 8 hour opening shifts but now and before the holidays it wasnt even more than 5.

I have no TL that actually works in market and the CTL position has been gone for 2 years or so. I thought the cut in hours before the holidays was for the new rollout market process some stores have but nothing has changed at my store in that regard. A TM that used to just push out C&S and FLOW I used to work with that moved away has that process in their store and gets full time hours and probably the same pay as I do for being a PA

Last edited:
Our product literally sat in the backroom for 2 weeks. The STL made whoever was opening market set it I believe even though we get like 50 hours top FOR THE ENTIRE Week for the ENTIRE market section. Could of had PLANO actually do their freaking job but no, I mean lets just set other shit and have perishables sit there for 2 weeks taking up space.

Between Plano and C&S crap I am losing my mind. The other day I had to push out bakery, meat, and 2 other pallets of C&S push. They cut from C&S push and then just double dip and take the hours from ME to do it. That was their brilliant plan when I asked what their plan was to get this pushed out and backstocked. OH, ya you get to push it. Geez thanks, I was wondering what I could do with all that free time I have in a 4 hour shift, thank you so much.

I love helping other teams, I dont mind at all, but when my store shafts market on hours and then dumps other workloads from other workcenters on us it pisses me off. We allready backstock all our stuff too.
I had the same issue with 50ish hours for all of market until I talked to the DTL about it for 2-3 visits in a row. He'd said we need coverage from open to close, but we're back down to about 75-80 right now which is pretty much useless when they pull the team for hardlines and backroom anyways.

We were told that it is more important to have coverage during the day. As a result, my supposed closing night ends at 8:00. We close at 10. I hope the PA position does not go away. I googled and several stores are hiring for the position. I don't see the new CTL finding time to coupon. I am the full time PA and am getting around 37 hours.

Our logistic etl changed our freezer to be no longer being backstocked :eek: I wonder how this is going to be played out. And I've been trying things out for keeping our coolers cleaned; I locu'd all of my meat cooler to flex and coupon. Luckily a lot of selling now that it is actually o the floor

Our logistic etl changed our freezer to be no longer being backstocked :eek: I wonder how this is going to be played out. And I've been trying things out for keeping our coolers cleaned; I locu'd all of my meat cooler to flex and coupon. Luckily a lot of selling now that it is actually o the floor
Wait what? How do you find stuff that's back there then? Because it sure as shit won't all fit on the floor. How will instocks research those areas?

That would be like saying no more backstocking in GRC1...

I like the idea of ambient pro1 and all fresh meat not being STO'd. I keep expressing my thoughts on this and hope some day this happens. Isn't this part of the PAs job filling the pfresh valley.

The only things that need STOd are hotdogs lunchables lunchmeat and all the naked bolthouse juices.

I hate backstocking lunchables. So many of them cause problems. We were out of bologna lunvhables for three days, only to find 10 cases backstocked. Never again will I backstock full cases of them. We get way too many to backstock anyway.

By may all our coolers will no longer be backstocked I believe. I've been messing around with my freezer cooler to create categories and I guess all our cages will now be on wheels and our tm will just pull one cage section and just challenge it all out. Still tinkering what categories should be used for my freezer but it's actually clearing a lot of space and keeping our floors full

I like the idea of ambient pro1 and all fresh meat not being STO'd. I keep expressing my thoughts on this and hope some day this happens. Isn't this part of the PAs job filling the pfresh valley.

The only things that need STOd are hotdogs lunchables lunchmeat and all the naked bolthouse juices.

When I took over our pfresh at the beginning of last year, the first thing I did was get with the BR TL and unlocated all of produce. Meat became second. It has worked well for us. Produce and meat were two departments that always had error and dipped and location accuracy. They don't have to worry about it and we keep a full and fresh department.

i got lip about not finishing the FDC order when it came in. 6 hours of push 1 person in at a time once it got there, it came in @10, second TM left @11 next 1 in at @12.
so after its in, which is 1030, we have 30 minutes of 2 TMs pushing the order, then an hour of 1 tm, to clean up, do the order and go on their half so as to not hit compliance.
while on my half, 12pm TM comes in, wanders around the backroom and salesfloor for 20 mins because they cant find me. really? its a FDC day and youve checked the dairy and freezer saw the pallets and didnt think to push? because you couldnt find anyone? and they want to put you on the bench why? they have my number to text me, a walkie to call LOD, CTL, either ETL in, no excuse.
we get about 30 min of overlap push before CAFs drop. then another 30 min of overlap push before i left.
12pm TM can only get dairy completed during their shift. we cant rely on the closer ... im not getting into that.

so upon talking to LOD they take a tone with me, which they can take that tone with me when they dont have to take a smoke break ever 30 min because they are "stressed", (although you wouldnt be stressed when if you didnt micromanage the hell out of your TMS but W/E) about leaving FDC for the next day as it hurts the flow trailer unload. i spoke about when people come in, and how the 10am in time of the truck sucks. there nothing we can do about that they said. so you stagger us for the benfit of having people there but forget the work load.

im sick of this 1 person to a work center thing they are doing and sitting on us about work not getting done. 1 person does not a team make (unless some of these people they have hired talking to themselves count for as many TMs as they have voices in their heads).

Back