Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

When I took over our pfresh at the beginning of last year, the first thing I did was get with the BR TL and unlocated all of produce. Meat became second. It has worked well for us. Produce and meat were two departments that always had error and dipped and location accuracy. They don't have to worry about it and we keep a full and fresh department.
We did the same. Soooo much better.

Now gotta come in at 4 am since backroom doesn't understand pulling the closest dates for meet and produce and don't understand that certain meats can't be backstocked and pulled together :(

Full store inventory went okay. Had to clock in early because the backrooms weren't ready and of course dry market and frozen are a mess! The team & I got all stock rooms ready by and the rest of the shift we just watched for skew checks in market & did audits pretty chill second half of a shift.

i had to do away with the fast mover rack.
reason:
-team isnt intelligible enough to understand how it works.
-everyone has an opinion about what a fast mover is, as such, it got over crowded VERY fast.
-people kept backstocking it forgetting what it was 9_9
-it became a place for pulls and backstock.
-source of personal frustration.

i hope they hire some new PAs soon.... or food expert ... or whatever the hell its called. im sick of dealing with this crap!
:breathes in:
i need to learn how to look up the cut sheet as my order seemed smaller than i recall it being.

My fellow pas here is interesting read about bananas.

90300-smallv2-444924.jpg

Bananas are the food that makes yummy meet healthy. The vitamins and helpful compounds within them are always guarding our body.
We have prepared a list of 10 useful properties of this tropical fruit, and almost all of them depend on the ripeness of a banana. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t eat some and choose others instead — it’s just that the correct grade of ripeness can have a better effect on your health.

#1 Prevention of oncological diseases
Bananas contain a specific protein (tumor necrosis factor) that helps prevent oncological conditions. Ripe fruits have much more of it in them, so it’s recommended to eat bananas with spotted or darkened skin.

#2 Fighting cramps
Mineral deficiency is a common cause of ankle muscle spasms. By consuming products as rich in potassium and magnesium as bananas, you can prevent muscle cramps. That’s why many athletes include them in their diet.

#3 Prevention of kidney diseases
Food containing sufficient potassium helps prevent kidney stones from appearing. According to one study, regular consumption of bananas can also decrease the chance of malignancies in the kidneys by 40%.

#4 A robust heart
A potassium-rich diet is recommended to those who have high blood pressure and are prone to cardiovascular diseases. Daily consumption of 1.3 grams of this element decreases the risk of cardiac events by 26%. To supply that amount to your body, you should eat 2 to 3 bananas a day, depending on their weight.

#5 Clear vessels
Cholesterol is the main cause of vascular obstruction, which leads to atherosclerosis. Bananas contain phytosterols that help reduce the levels of cholesterol in your blood and maintain your vascular system’s health.

#6 A healthy stomach
Bananas are recommended to people with gastric ulcers and those who’re in the risk group. They contain a special enzyme that increases the secretion of mucus that protects the abdominal walls.

#7 A source of energy
The abundance of vitamins and minerals make bananas a great source of energy. Simple carbs are quick to digest and can replenish your energy resource almost immediately if need be.

#8 A good mood
Bananas contain dopamine — the "happiness hormone" — along with partial vitamin B complex that positively affects the nervous system. These features allow bananas to be included on the list of foods to eat if you’re suddenly feeling down.

#9 Help with diabetes
These tropical fruits have a certain type of resistant starch within them that helps improve the condition of a person with diabetes mellitus type 2. It should be noted, though, that green bananas contain more of this substance. A green banana of average size has 12.5 grams of starch in it, while a ripe one will only contain about 5 g.

#10 A slim figure
Resistant starch prevents fat from storing in your body and increases spending of energy, which results in rapid and visible improvements during intensive weight loss training. The recommended daily dose of this substance is 10 grams. And, of course, you should also stay active and control your food habits.

Moral of the story eat more bananas.

I'm always baffled by people who say they don't like bananas. They're like people who don't like dogs. How could you not?!

@Midoninger why don't you apply to be the PA?

the ETL SF is a nag. they micromanage your every move. i cant stand it. my STL is fake AF and i dont trust. i wish very badly to go back to my backroom role. i was forced into the market team. plus there is no money in it. 30 cewnts more to deal with the BS? or rather be a TL thats not paid like a TL? no. i want out of target. spot seems like a nice company to work for ... has good policies but ... sadly my leadership has 2 shits to give about following them and are so disgustingly petty it makes me want to cry. a friend of mine, a fellow TM, who worked very hard quit because he couldnt take the ETL LOG being so homophobic. he appealed to HR about it but since theyre friends, ETL HR and ETL LOG, HR assured him that LOG wasnt like that. after that his hours were cut from 35ish to 20 or less. then the BRTL they performanced out. they pulled his team to the SF to push and they werent getting their jobs done. they knew he wouldnt write up his TMs for something they couldnt control. so he got written up and then well .... now that he is out, BRTMs stay in the backroom, where FLOW TL is in control. dont get me started on that mess.....

and i dont make much more than a new TM but ive been there for 4 years now. peers who started when i did or even after make DOLLARS more. regardless of why, thats a kick in the dick. and personal matters tell me i NEED a higher ROP NOW as my living situation isnt permanent, and i cant afford rent alone. so yeah, the futre with and of target look pretty sad.

I'm always baffled by people who say they don't like bananas. They're like people who don't like dogs. How could you not?!

they say its because there is no juice. thats what ive heard.

3,000ish piece dry truck today. Yes 3,000 for a pfresh store!! gotta love inventory feedback. + 360 FDC, milk delivery and candy delivery. My team had a rough morning but they did well
the largest ive had is around 1800~ just for pfresh. . usually ill always accept extensions but i just wanted to get away from all those dairy pallets

Had to fill all the outs and toss all the stuff that wasn't done the last 2 days cause I was off this shit is getting like a routine. every Monday after my weekend off I spend 6 hours pushing shit out of the back coolers bakery was empty as hell. I spend another hour culling and purging shit out of meat and dairy that is either expired or going to expire in the next 6 days.

Wtf do the pas do on my off weekends.
It's not that difficult just challenging

Damn whoever took ad down Saturday night is a fucktard half of the white strips still covered the prices must have taken off over 30 of them you fucker

That's my rant for pfresh today

Had to fill all the outs and toss all the stuff that wasn't done the last 2 days cause I was off this shit is getting like a routine. every Monday after my weekend off I spend 6 hours pushing shit out of the back coolers bakery was empty as hell. I spend another hour culling and purging shit out of meat and dairy that is either expired or going to expire in the next 6 days.

Damn whoever took ad down Saturday night is a fucktard half of the white strips still covered the prices must have taken off over 30 of them you fucker

What do they do? If like ours they sit on a register all day cause no cashiers.

At my store they don't let PAs have every other weekend off because we're "not TLs". I work Tuesday through Saturday and have every Sunday and Monday off which I like. Every Tuesday morning is always empty in produce and bakery but it gets mostly filled up from the truck. After the truck I get to fill some outs and do research.

PREACH!

i have a day off and i find pFresh looking like we got robbed! and bakery? HA! because they have to date they dont push it or "its the PAs job!" or specifically more recently, "its midoninger's job!" no you fucksquirels its all TMs in markets job!
in fact, when i return to my daily torture on thursday ... all the produce will be empty and in the back, out of date, nothing with reduced stickers which is a fetish of my STL, and then milk ... milk .... lol who does that?! lol our dairy walk in is the size of a broom closet so lets leave a pallet of milk in there when we know we get 2 pallets of dairy from FDC so LOL!

they accidently sent of plum tomatoes. i saw i could order them. so i do .... been cut the last 2 trucks ... same with pears ... which is on plano ....

oh yeah so we get a redwire saying this:
were sending out bruised and moldy bananas. you only have the day of delivery to get credit for them from us. also were not wrapping the bananas in a blanket anymore, but well be using more plastic instead, you wont have to temp the banana pallet anymore either to speed things up for you.

why in the 9 hells would you as a business send out bad product then limit the time to get credit for it, but again why send it at ALL? but hey thats not my daddies company....

tls were talking about who to have for starbucks tl and for new pa positions and new tl openings. I was sitting in there on break and one tl says they shouldnt talk about private stuff in front of me and the stl goes oh its ambientroombreh they can hear anything :) times to slide into the new ap or salesfloor tl interviews

Back