Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

i saw my taxes came in so i got the elgato game capture card. time to make some youtube gold!

i got a text from hell, er i mean ... work saying FDC was not going to show up until 1130, instead of 8. i texted back, "ill see you on tuesday! :D" then enabled airplane mode ....
My ex from college is a gundam nut. The answer is always a new kit.

Quick question: if you see a stray frozen item in the wrong freezer 4 ft section, do you QMOS it or do you put it back in its proper place, even if that place is aisles away? Similarly, do you do the same for stray refrigerated items left in coolers?

Quick question: if you see a stray frozen item in the wrong freezer 4 ft section, do you QMOS it or do you put it back in its proper place, even if that place is aisles away? Similarly, do you do the same for stray refrigerated items left in coolers?
QMOS it. No way to know how long it was out of temp before it was put there.

wait, so if a frozen pizza is in the icecream door your saying? because if thats the case, then no you dont qmos it. all freezer doors should be at the same temp.

as for "once refrigerated stays refrigerated" if someone left ketchup in the dairy doors then yeah you have to QMOS, but yogurt left in the juice door is no biggy.

My worry is you don't know how long someone could have carried it in their cart before putting it back into a random cooler or freezer, so personally I would 1 it.

Yeah, that is how I was trained by the old PA when I got moved to Market (we did not have a CTL at the time).

A few weeks ago my CTL saw my cart full of stray pfresh items (I had a ton, because no else ever removes them so they linger for sometimes a week or more). He asked what I was doing, and I told him how I was trained. He told me that as long as the item had been put back in the appropriate temperature cooler, the item should be put back in its proper place.

I bring this up because I saw a reddit comment recently with thousands of upvotes, explaining that my old PA's view was common policy at most grocery stores. Which made me feel vindicated.

A bit of background: my CTL was TL of a different sales floor workcenter for years, and got transferred to CTL a little while agk. He got trained in Market for a week at another store, and shortly after he began his tenure everyone but me and him left, including both PAs.

Last edited:
Where would I find cleaning information on WB? Never got proper training on cleaning and what chemicals to use so I rather teach myself

Cleaning as in (mopping, cleaning inside the cooler doors, etc)

Where would I find cleaning information on WB? Never got proper training on cleaning and what chemicals to use so I rather teach myself

Cleaning as in (mopping, cleaning inside the cooler doors, etc)
My store has a binder ring with all the laminated cleaning cards hooked on it. Or if you go to workbench you should be able to go into food processes and find all of them.

Four hour shift in market today, and I'm the only one scheduled. :mad:

wait, so if a frozen pizza is in the icecream door your saying? because if thats the case, then no you dont qmos it. all freezer doors should be at the same temp.

as for "once refrigerated stays refrigerated" if someone left ketchup in the dairy doors then yeah you have to QMOS, but yogurt left in the juice door is no biggy.

That Pizza made its journey to have its fling with the Ice Cream, that journey could have taken 10 seconds, or 10 hours. Which leaves room for doubt, QMOS it, always.

I did this for any fresh fruit anywhere as well, god only knows where that fuckin banana has been.

I posted a pic about a week or 2 ago about my cheap egg prices. since then they went up about 40 cents then back for 2 days and right now 82 cents for 18 count and 59 cents for dozen.

anyone else see their egg prices fluctuate so much in the last month or so

Ours have fluctuated a little bit. I think the MP dozen went from 1.19 to 99 cents over the last month, but I've never noticed lower than that.

ours dropped from 1.99 to 1,59 thats about it.

btw ... im the food expert at my store now. in other words PA, but with a better raise. ETL-HR said i went from pay grade 3 to 9. i go to another store with my TL for training. THEY are super excited about it. they were CTL when i start and they are super excited to be going back. CTL said, "my challenge will be to show them that market is done different than regular push. they dont know how to do market and last time when i came into market it was red and *I* got it green! im going to tear apart pfresh, the backrooms, and *I'M* going to get it great!" then explained to us how much they were going to need our help as they need from us our backroom knowledge, and is going to rely on us to show them how market has changed in the 2 years and with the role out. i love this TL. they are amazing and they will keep their word. i almost cant wait till they get their first shin gash from a uboat on the line .... :D

but i was shocked! as negatively as my interview went i really didnt think i get it.

lastly were not having market closers at my store anymore. only half closers, no one scheduled later than 8pm. neat!

I posted a pic about a week or 2 ago about my cheap egg prices. since then they went up about 40 cents then back for 2 days and right now 82 cents for 18 count and 59 cents for dozen.

anyone else see their egg prices fluctuate so much in the last month or so
You are either more southern or in an area with more competition.
Ours have fluctuated a little bit. I think the MP dozen went from 1.19 to 99 cents over the last month, but I've never noticed lower than that.
You are either north or in a food desert.

Ours are holding steady. They are likely swinging to set up before easter, which is middle of April this year.
It's a percent still, I believe.
Yup, still a percent. They may make you take a lower score though "since you already got a raise this year" every pa we've ever had promoted has been downgraded that years review since it's a dollar raise.

Back