Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

we got ten pallets on C&S today...... i almost freaked out i dont know where they're keeping all of that. tomorrow should be a fun day

My fresh chicken is like 2 items the whole bunker is empty and the rest of the fresh meat is sparse. On hand counts are correct as zero. Anyone else getting cut on fresh meat
Are you R300? Since we switched to Tyson, a few months ago there's consistently 3+ DPCIs of cut chicken on the cut list. Plus, it seems like Tyson has a shorter shelf life and coupled with sending it in in large batches, it expires rather quickly.

Are you R300? Since we switched to Tyson, a few months ago there's consistently 3+ DPCIs of cut chicken on the cut list. Plus, it seems like Tyson has a shorter shelf life and coupled with sending it in in large batches, it expires rather quickly.
Nope I think r100. We have just bare, gnp, and market pantry chicken.

I'll add that the packaging is terrible, too. So much nastiness.

food experts/PAs/ASTs:
does the leadership have issues partnering with you when they decide they need to do something in market? like were still TMs but were NOT TMs as were held to a more accountable level and expected to lead the team and basically hold down the fort when the TL isnt there. BUT since you are a TM does the leadership at your stores show you the love or no?

Spoke to our driver today and he hints that headquarters want to send in palletized Candy VS having it mixed with bananas and the Dairy pallets.

That and they dislike the idea of having the third "ambient zone" and just palletizing every stores bananas on top of each other with the blanket over them. :confused:

Spoke to our driver today and he hints that headquarters want to send in palletized Candy VS having it mixed with bananas and the Dairy pallets.

That and they dislike the idea of having the third "ambient zone" and just palletizing every stores bananas on top of each other with the blanket over them. :confused:
I would rather have each store's candy pallet on top of their banana pallet. That's actually how they sent ours today...except there was only a pallet separator in between them, so you had to downstack all the candy to get to the bananas.

food experts/PAs/ASTs:
does the leadership have issues partnering with you when they decide they need to do something in market? like were still TMs but were NOT TMs as were held to a more accountable level and expected to lead the team and basically hold down the fort when the TL isnt there. BUT since you are a TM does the leadership at your stores show you the love or no?

Yes and no, but keep in mind I'm a part time PA. I'm given free range to do things as I please, and my input is often requested. There are many times, though, that I walk in and see something and think "uh. Ok. This is new."

I'm approached more often about processes and not displays. It would seem I have a reputation for task/time management when I'm not preoccupied with yelling at flow team members.

Also, fuck this banana shit. Mixing them all up on a single pallet is a bad idea thus far. I had three cases of organic bananas. Guess what I got? One. That one was a preweighted box we don't even sell. Great idea and waste of my time.

Anyone else get their pallet of watermelons yet? We got one on Monday, put it in a prime spot near the entrance on the grocery side of the store, and we've sold less than one per day.

It's probably going to get moved on Sunday and replaced with pallets of Coke.

Edit: I was referring to the full-sized watermelons. I have no idea how the minis are doing.

Last edited:
Anyone else get their pallet of watermelons yet? We got one on Monday, put it in a prime spot near the entrance on the grocery side of the store, and we've sold less than one per day.

It's probably going to get moved on Sunday and replaced with pallets of Coke.

We've had them for a few weeks.. they sell quite well for us when they're not shit looking.

Got 2 pallets of the big watermelons for 5.99 and the minis are on sale next week for 2 for 5.00. So the big watermelons are now TPC'd to 3,99 to complete with local grocery. Dcpi 267-04-4032. No minis I ordered 20 got 2 boxes with 6 in a box.

i ordered like 12 mini's to make a side cap. hope they come in!
and nope! i wasnt allowed to order another bin as they werent sure watermelon were going to sell.

so my TL is quitting next Saturday, which is lovely. They had to quit before they got fired. apparently the starbucks DM wasnt pleased with the fact that the load came in that day? and wasnt put away to starbucks brand in the target backroom? apparently they can dictate this? but also, theyre sick of the ETLs. we all are really. im really going to miss them, the store wont be the same without my TL.

Ours already comes in palletized.

Ours already comes in palletized.
A pallet of just candy with nothing else, every time?

We get ours like that maybe 4-5 times a week, but the rest of the time they start doing oddball things...like stacking it on something else, but on a pallet separator instead of a pallet...or a separate pallet of candy except for two cases of pineapples on the bottom.

Back