Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

@indigo25 Always remember

99393ee00c37786d54bc7943799360d1.jpg

I've been begging for early shifts, or even one less LOD shift per week (I have 3-4) especially now that some of my TMs are fighting when I'm not there, but my STL says "just work with them for a few minutes when you're LOD, that's all you need." But he also told me that it looks like I don't care about my departments or teams soooo. Once in awhile we have a pretty good day, but it's mostly a flaming garbage pile that I have no hope of putting out. Fellow TLs are literally told they will be coached if they help me in market at all. :(

It sucks for sure. I am not sure what I've done but nothing I do is ever the right thing to do. When I was told I don't care about my team members or my departments it was during an early morning leadership walk with about ten other leads. Other TLs come to me saying how much the rest of the team loves me and appreciate me, but my direct ETL, HR, and STL don't appear to feel the same way. Definitely sucks to work so hard and it doesn't matter. I help out other leads in their departments which is okay, but helping me is unacceptable. I was told my job is on the line if we have any issues w/ Steritech or ordering in my departments, but I'm overwhelmed. Apparently my definition of team work is different from that of upper leadership. :oops:

none of that seems brand and with all those witnesses, id go right over their heads to BP HR and DTL with a nice email explaining whats going on.

behold your future! shift labels!
this is what my batshit crazy ETL SF came up with, and they are legit in targets system and appear on the wall schedule so we have to follow them. this is how we'll be successful.

Last edited:
Some of those look pretty lopsided.

Who does freezer?

seems like who ever is in CUL or whoever does AUTOs
well ... as a parting gift from my TL who quit 100% today (long drama story, basically, they wont work for dispicable people anymore) left them like that, with the zany food on them, to annoy the shit out of ETL SF and STL. but i had to remind them, im evil too and this offends me as well. their answer? "oops! forgot about that, but i figured drinking their tears would please you?" i asked how it would make them cry. i just got a smile back and was told "good luck."

Holy shit. Is your ETL an eight year old organization freak? Jesus that's embarrassing

good luck with your DTL visit. hope it amounts to something good.

behold! the shift label CARDS. according to ETL SF, as i got to ask about them today, we need these because we wont know what to push or what were to do during our shift. so when i go in, on the grid next to my name it reads:
CUL Midoninger 6-230
SO i am to do ALL that is on the card. so when ETL SF quizzes us randomly during our shift well have the answers on our flash car--- shift label cards! because before we would just push which ever uboat or the beverage flats with no clue what we were doing! but now, thanks to ETL SF, we'll always know!

good luck with your DTL visit. hope it amounts to something good.

behold! the shift label CARDS. according to ETL SF, as i got to ask about them today, we need these because we wont know what to push or what were to do during our shift. so when i go in, on the grid next to my name it reads:
CUL Midoninger 6-230
SO i am to do ALL that is on the card. so when ETL SF quizzes us randomly during our shift well have the answers on our flash car--- shift label cards! because before we would just push which ever uboat or the beverage flats with no clue what we were doing! but now, thanks to ETL SF, we'll always know!
Holy shit, was your ETL previously an elementary school teacher?? Colored flash cards with child-like graphics, attached to a carabiner so you can clip it to your belt to avoid losing it.

We just have the definitions for all shift tags posted by the time clock.

no my ETL is an asshole

see, they were posted in the ambient room. where only i go. however, since on the first schedule when they were used, no one paid any attention to them and did our jobs normally. AND on DAY ONE, when TMs were asked, if they knew about the shift labels and what they stood for, my ETL freaked out. had the cards made because my TL wasnt holding us accountable for knowing what our core roles were. so until we learn them we must use these so we know what to do during our shifts. i think only i was informed of them.
but also! see ETL SF gave my TL a guide to follow. in this guide, my TL was to for each TM that worked that day, itemize and report on it. so for example it would look like this

TM Fred
Fred pushed Uboats g15-16, g17-18
Fred pulled Auto batches GRC1, GRC2, GRC3, CNDY, SNCK, BEV1 and BEV2
Fred backstocked the AUTOs after they were pushed.
Fred took 15 at 820

TM Mable
Mable pushed Uboat g21-22, g23-24
Mable pushed AUTOs for DARY and MEAT
Mable Backstocked Dairy autos
Mable went for back up at 930
Mable returned from back up at 945

you get the idea. but! ETL SF also demanded to know what conversations my TL had with the team. my TL thought that was ridiculous, as they werent going to document each convo that they had. but ETL SF said they needed to know certain things, such as questions asked, how they were answered. this was due to us all being trained improperly and wanted to address the training opportunities to the STL ... until it was discovered that the STL personally did the market training. ETL SF dropped needing that knowledge. funny how that worked.

We keep running out of room in our coolers and they keep trying to come up with little tricks to fix it. Unsurprisingly, these tricks do not work; they either shift more product to the wacos until they are full, or they shift it to the case stock shelf space until those are full. If you don't want your coolers full of stuff, give us the hours to make sure all research is being done correctly, and for rotating daily purges of the coolers.

I just have one of my guys purge out a section of dairy every few days. Keeps that taken care of and research becomes something you need to do less often.

My issue right now is with how little attention produce is getting. Lots of product going bad in the back. :/ My sales comps are soaring but my markout numbers are high too.

I got marked to join the Market team after the remodel is over. The ETL took one look at me, pointed a finger and said "YOU. You're joining the Market rollout." got a taste of what to expect yesterday - 2 flats, 3 uboats and 3 carts for ONE AISLE. Holy moly :eek:

This past week has been a complete and utter nightmare. We're getting 7-12 pallets a day and we simply can't keep up with reduced hours. All the coolers are full to the door with push and we get another truck tomorrow, and it's Saturday which makes it harder to push on the floor. Everyone in the department is super stressed.

We keep running out of room in our coolers and they keep trying to come up with little tricks to fix it. Unsurprisingly, these tricks do not work; they either shift more product to the wacos until they are full, or they shift it to the case stock shelf space until those are full. If you don't want your coolers full of stuff, give us the hours to make sure all research is being done correctly, and for rotating daily purges of the coolers.

Sounds exactly like my store.

i fear by the time the 3rd week of july comes my team will be 2-3 people.

its not a matter of hours, its a matter of people just leaving. had a TM slam the freezer door on me, bt since i didnt see it happen, i cant say anything, but i know how hard that door shuts when left to close on its own VS how it hit me.
when i left friday the cooler was jam packed full of product. the freezer was jammed too. other than me, NO TM will work in those rooms or do push from those room, likewise no backstock happens either.

i am at or maybe beyond my limit. when i saw a particular soda vendor, i asked them if they had openings. i was asked for my number, sent a link, and guess what? i had a message on my voice mail the next day. if all goes well, i wont be 1 of those 2 remaining market TMs.

the only thing that's getting us is our produce cooler. it's simply not big enough for all of the stuff that we order. they also want us to over order now because we're one of the biggest selling targets in our district/in the PNW. we still have three pallets in the produce cooler from yesterday because they're constantly making us over order. it's a pain in the ass. to go into and pull the 1s or even just go in there to fill a uboat up to push. hopefully it gets better since it's been pretty consistently good for the most part

today is my day off. i got a phone call from HR asking me where i was as i was to be in at 6. NO ONE TOLD ME THIS! so when i explain that my schedule would have me working 7 days this week HR said it looked weird.
ETL HR gets on the phone and says there must have been some confusion, but im needed to come in, when i said no, because thatll mean working 8 days between days off, and not falling for the over time is allowed this week bait they sent for me, but i work july 4th and thats the only day we'd get OT. im not dumb ...
so when i said and stood firm with NO, this was the kiss off i got:
"oh well ok enjoy your day off there'll be more work today tomorrow then! bye!"

our team is slowing becoming hell. and it's not because the team sucks, it's because or STL and TL suck and they're making us over order and so have pallets from the last C&S days still in the coolers and it's just been rough lol.

Hey guys I need some clarification on organic produce and the metro rack.
Are we supposed to have a metro rack (fast mover) that is designated for organic produce only? We have one metro rack in the produce cooler that we've been using to purge produce in the evenings. Now that we have organic produce, I'm wondering if it's okay to use the same metro rack for both conventional and organic produce.
I know organic should be above conventional, but would I have to clean the metro rack before loading it up again with organic? For instance, if I use the metro rack to purge conventional produce and when I'm ready to purge organic, would I need to 3 step clean the rack before loading it with the organic produce?
Also, I remember reading in the organic training guide, that organic produce should not be STORED on the same rack that it gets pushed to the sales floor on. At least, that is how I understood it.

Back