Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

It was part attitude and not filling. One thing is to always do your weekly vendor report. This helps you document that they are not doing stuff. If you have vendors who are not on the vendor report you can find them on another document sheet that has ALL vendors your store should have. That’s how I found my coke vendors district manager and had a nice chat with them ;)

I do the score card. I'm just tired of the attitude.

Tired of attitude? I’d trespass them. Or call their buyer/ manager. There’s no reason for you to have to take anything from vendors. If bad comes to worse talk to your food bev director.

I wish we could score our milk vendor. Red for months. Got his bosses in. Got their bosses in. Regional guy for the milk company whatever. Still same slacker comes in not delivering too much or not enough milk complaining about out of dates when the stuff comes in a week out.

I wish we could score our milk vendor. Red for months. Got his bosses in. Got their bosses in. Regional guy for the milk company whatever. Still same slacker comes in not delivering too much or not enough milk complaining about out of dates when the stuff comes in a week out.
Loop in your food and beverage director. They can usually get that stuff sorted out pretty quickly.

Loop in your food and beverage director. They can usually get that stuff sorted out pretty quickly.
We have. Just got a new srtl transfer in and she thinks she’ll get it settled no problem. I told her good luck. It’s only been 2 years and three etls and srtls trying. And only recently has it been ok, mostly cause we remodeled and grocery got the cut down so it holds up better.

We’ve had a problem with our clover milk vendor. We settled it by just walking and doing the order together. Less milk that didn’t sell and was able to stay in stock better

My wine vendors are, for the most part, on my shit list. They leave my back room uglier than my team does.
If they continue to do this just stop letting them bring in stack outs and don't set up their SP. Our BR was horrible when I took over market, wine was everywhere. So whoever had the mess or the outrageous amount of BS I just told them no to pretty much everything (besides out of stock on shelf). Obviously I had the support from my ETL and STL and I'm down to just a few shelves in the BR.

Last edited:
My store is in such a huge wine area so alcohol is a huge seller all year round. Never too many spots for wine on the Floor except for wines that are cheap like barefoot. YUCK

My store is in such a huge wine area so alcohol is a huge seller all year round. Never too many spots for wine on the Floor except for wines that are cheap like barefoot. YUCK

My guests won’t pay more than $10 a bottle. If we were in a slightly different area we could sell expensive stuff better, but we are on the wrong side of the freeway.

Barefoot is king here.

We have half a valley, stack outs at the bunker, one inline side cap (barefoot, people love that cheap shit out here) and CA roots end cap at CL.

We cannot get table salt Morton ??

Both bottom shelves have been empty for about 3 months now. We may get one case and it sells in 2 days. Any ideas or anyone else have trouble with table salt.
We were out durning Q4, now finally getting it back in. FB director said they’re having issues keeping everyone in stock but that’s it. I’ve mysupported it on the app but I only get one case every week still.

My guests won’t pay more than $10 a bottle. If we were in a slightly different area we could sell expensive stuff better, but we are on the wrong side of the freeway.

Barefoot is king here.

Same here only the cheap stuff for us, so I have to say no to any buy ins that are above.

Barefoot,apothic,dark horse are all bad sellers here. Anytime we received a pallet of these brands we just sit on the pallet for months at a time

Apothic and dark horse only sell when they’re on sale. I’ve only had to take one pallet so far, took three months to sell. 🤦🏻‍♀️

One thing I dislike about the new order guide. I have yet to find a way to print just specific parts like how the old order guide let me (for Starbucks and the different sections)

Back