Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I put some gravy at the front end one spot with stove top stuffing & sold very well there. Keeping it full & sales signs made an easy grab item. My stl loved it.

Have EXFs not been working for anyone else? Went in this morning and tried to make EXF batches and no luck, it's been a thing for like a week now for us at least.
It's not the end of the world, but it is kind of annoying.

Have EXFs not been working for anyone else? Went in this morning and tried to make EXF batches and no luck, it's been a thing for like a week now for us at least.
It's not the end of the world, but it is kind of annoying.
As in not allowing you to add items to an EXF batch? I have never had that.

But I have had other problems with EXFs. Mostly problems such as I add everything I need to a batch and then when I go to pull the batch it doesn't pull everything I asked for, even though it is all still in the backroom. I've since stopped even trying to use EXFs because all the issues with it.

As in not allowing you to add items to an EXF batch? I have never had that.

But I have had other problems with EXFs. Mostly problems such as I add everything I need to a batch and then when I go to pull the batch it doesn't pull everything I asked for, even though it is all still in the backroom. I've since stopped even trying to use EXFs because all the issues with it.
Like you can add stuff to a batch, you hit create batch it goes '(typical exf batch name) batch created' but then you go into move and there's no exf batch, no one on our team has had any luck creating them, I've started just pulling one for ones by the pog instead after scanning through the area

So looks like I’m going to have to weigh all the turkeys to the new lower price this is the first time in 4 years that I’ll have to weigh all the turkeys.

Our stores selling price is
49 cents per pound for market panty
89 cents for butterball

They are all coming in at last years price per pound which is 10 cents more per pound.

Fuck me now I’ll have to weigh 500 or more turkeys over the next 3 weeks

Hell if I’m ordering more turkeys until the 6 pallets are gone from our back room freezer.
I hope the 1 and only food scale and Labels hold out for this.

Why do you have to weigh them? The weight is on the label and the math is simple.
Not for cashiers who just scan the barcode.
Every turkey once weighed is an individual barcode at the register for the total price of the turkey.

They need to be weighed and tagged correctly so the guest can see what they are paying and so they ring at the right price at pos. I have a pretty gnarly wound on my finger. Smashed it with a turkey while going ham trying fill the bunker after re-weighing them. I’m a turkey weighing beast and I have the scars to show it 🙄🙄🙄

There's no way to print a new label without weighing?

Edit: Scan barcode or enter weight, then calculate new price to reprint barcode at new total price?

Last edited:
Like you can add stuff to a batch, you hit create batch it goes '(typical exf batch name) batch created' but then you go into move and there's no exf batch, no one on our team has had any luck creating them, I've started just pulling one for ones by the pog instead after scanning through the area
I've noticed that one for one batches tend to absorb any other batch in the fill group. If I drop a POG batch for cereal and there's already a one for one dropped for GRC 2 or someone drops it before I pull the POG, it just disappears. Not sure if this has the same effect on EXF batches or if there's another issue for you.

There's no way to print a new label without weighing?

Edit: Scan barcode or enter weight, then calculate new price to reprint barcode at new total price?
Don’t you think the people who’ve worked in market for years have tried any shortcuts?
They each have to be re-weighed and the new label put on. It’s a pain in the ass.

I've noticed that one for one batches tend to absorb any other batch in the fill group. If I drop a POG batch for cereal and there's already a one for one dropped for GRC 2 or someone drops it before I pull the POG, it just disappears. Not sure if this has the same effect on EXF batches or if there's another issue for you.
I've noticed that too but we even tested first thing in the morning before dropping any mancafs or POGs so we've been a bit puzzled, but not the end of the world. I'm just glad they're letting us do POG one for ones to get through MANCAFs

So looks like I’m going to have to weigh all the turkeys to the new lower price this is the first time in 4 years that I’ll have to weigh all the turkeys.

Our stores selling price is
49 cents per pound for market panty
89 cents for butterball

They are all coming in at last years price per pound which is 10 cents more per pound.

Fuck me now I’ll have to weigh 500 or more turkeys over the next 3 weeks

Hell if I’m ordering more turkeys until the 6 pallets are gone from our back room freezer.
I hope the 1 and only food scale and Labels hold out for this.

We did this yesterday. Pulled all the turkeys from the bunker, reweigh, and restock. Took a bit but one of our guys put in his ear pods and got that done!

How is everyone displaying all their Christmas cookies? They took 1/2 our bakery table out so no room there. All I can think of is a grower box at the end cap area. I have no leads to ask.

Back