Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Did everyone see prices go up like 50 cents to a dollar on a lot of thanksgiving staples this week.
All potatoes went up 50 cents onions up 20 cents head lettuce up 30 cents.
I guess that way it will look like a sale next week.

worst fdc load tonight... by far. dc really needs to stack pallets better so they aren't leaning on each other, and hey maybe don't put a juice pallet on top of produce next time.
I feel this. Usually, I have to move two skids for the next store out of the truck to get my one refrigerated skid. Whoever loads our fdc truck is playing games with us I swear.

So this week one of the team leads parked a pallet in front of the dairy cooler while I was backstocking. Can you please read the sign that says "Occupied" or open the damn door to check.

View attachment 9070
food is the ugly step child of Target.... you cannot do both retail (Christmas and black friday) and Thanksgiving... we have no extra help for these next 17 days leading up to Thanksgiving .

BTW Uboats started in our department and all of a sudden the flow team owns them now and we can't even kee One or two in our Dept. We have to use green racks. Annoying af

I pitched all the greens. (Swept. Whatever.) Our food truck doesn't show until after the regular truck so we just keep a few dry uboats for the day. I expect to come clean daily so they get the uboats back by 4 pm.

So I got asked today how I manage to set the endcaps in grocery and only had 56 items of pulls.

These leaders don’t realize that 1, my tl hasn’t backstocked a single bulk pallet, and 2 if they’re having a double and I get the endcap set early I just tell whoever pushing the product that he’s got an endcap of the stuff that is filling his boat.

Here I thought they’d be content with one person knocking out 70 hours of pog workload in the 35 hours they gave me.

So I got asked today how I manage to set the endcaps in grocery and only had 56 items of pulls.

These leaders don’t realize that 1, my tl hasn’t backstocked a single bulk pallet, and 2 if they’re having a double and I get the endcap set early I just tell whoever pushing the product that he’s got an endcap of the stuff that is filling his boat.

Here I thought they’d be content with one person knocking out 70 hours of pog workload in the 35 hours they gave me.
If I understand correctly what you wrote, you tied the POGs to the endcaps and called it good. That’s about a third of the work. The rest is being done by some one who most likely doesn’t have the time budget to do all their work and about two thirds of yours.

again might be misunderstanding something.

If I understand correctly what you wrote, you tied the POGs to the endcaps and called it good. That’s about a third of the work. The rest is being done by some one who most likely doesn’t have the time budget to do all their work and about two thirds of yours.

again might be misunderstanding something.
I wish I could get away with that little. I was just venting about my etl questioning why my numbers for items pulled were so low for the previous week.

I was also hastily writing basically just venting how they get these bulk pallets in or tons of stuff for the endcaps and instead of backstocking it they just throw it on a pallet in the steel. Or if I did set an endcap and they get a bunch in fresh off their truck I either point it out or take it from the boat.

Right now we just got a ton of market pantry canned veggies and yams that have no location but a nonexistent set of shelves in the freezer section that my etl opted to not have built. So they’ve got it unlocated in the stockroom.

I didn’t put a bunch of work off on others. I hate when that gets done to me. I’m just frustrated on how nitpicky they can be about how many items I pulled when there’s nothing to pull, but yet they’ve still got Christmas incomplete.

That being said this week has been hell at my store because our tiny freezer bunker that holds maybe 12 turkeys is out of commission. And my freezer holds maybe 5-6 pallets deep and I’ve got regulars from back when it was a super target, and then even now, new people looking at the .49(.69 if they actually up charge them like they’re supposed to) price tag and asking for hundred and hundreds of turkeys to help with their own giveaways and thanksgiving events.

Had a lady stop me tonight asking if she could get 250 turkeys and 480 cans of French cut green beans.

Hey ya'll, anyone else drowning in work? Left today with 5 of the 19 FDC pallets that came in today untouched and every single cooler packed to the door with uboats. Mainly a dairy person, and I feel like we have a decent sized team however we just have no way to keep up with the amount of stuff we're getting. I don't remember the last time I backstocked or pulled anything because we barely have time to work the push off the pallets

Hey ya'll, anyone else drowning in work? Left today with 5 of the 19 FDC pallets that came in today untouched and every single cooler packed to the door with uboats. Mainly a dairy person, and I feel like we have a decent sized team however we just have no way to keep up with the amount of stuff we're getting. I don't remember the last time I backstocked or pulled anything because we barely have time to work the push off the pallets
Don't u guys have seasonal to help already? We've caught up and closers end up doing random things after pallets are done.

We received 15 pallets on Saturday and 14 pallets on Sunday for dairy / produce / freezer.
We had 3 new team members seasonal so we came clean on Saturday. For Sunday we left 1 dairy pallet and 1 freezer pallet.

It is a lot of work but it is selling so push it to the floor and it will sell. We received about 1 whole pallet of just kings Hawaiian all mixed in. so we have a side cap and 3 grower boxes and 2 shippers and 1 red basket of Kings Hawaiian.

And don’t forget to weigh ALL those turkeys 🦃 before putting on the sales floor in the bunker.
Make sure you order enough to last, you do not want to run out.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the FOOD deal will be this upcoming weekend November 23rd, 24th ????

is it going to be 10.00 off of 50.00 or maybe a gift card ??? or something else ???

EDIT EDIT :::::: just found it....
Free 10.00 Gift card when you spend 50.00 on groceries valid 11/23 and 11/24 !!!

its going to be busy and more busier than ever !!

Last edited:
@qmosqueen youre a GENIUS!!! im going to literally tear down pizza doors to put turkeys. I literally have 3 pallets in the back and god knows no one wants the foster farms ones. all my guests want is butterball.

Back