Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

as long as it’s not the one of the big 8 (or 9) diseases you’re ok to come in as long as you are not working in food. But it is up to you if you do want to

I don't understand why calling out sick is made to be such a big deal - if you're sick, stay home. Are some leaders really so bad that they would try to talk someone into coming to work when they don't feel good? To me that's ridiculous, unless the person has serious attendance issues. Even then, if they are obviously sick, why would you want them around?

I don't understand why calling out sick is made to be such a big deal - if you're sick, stay home. Are some leaders really so bad that they would try to talk someone into coming to work when they don't feel good? To me that's ridiculous, unless the person has serious attendance issues. Even then, if they are obviously sick, why would you want them around?
People call off because they are sick of work. Unless you are contagious, stuck In bed or on the toilet then come to work. You are putting everyone else on your team in a bind and your work doesn’t get done by a magic fairy. Man up!

How is everyone unloading FDC? Don't be like I just load up a u-boat. I'm looking for someone that can help me break down a ridiculous 500 piece truck faster.

People call off because they are sick of work. Unless you are contagious, stuck In bed or on the toilet then come to work. You are putting everyone else on your team in a bind and your work doesn’t get done by a magic fairy. Man up!
You're preaching to the choir, I was a manager at my old job, I've seen it all. But it seems that there are some who are almost afraid to call out because management will give them crap and try to talk them into coming in. Again, unless they have attendance issues, calling out when one is legitimately sick should not be such an issue.

How is everyone unloading FDC? Don't be like I just load up a u-boat. I'm looking for someone that can help me break down a ridiculous 500 piece truck faster.
Which department are you talking about. Frozen pro dairy deli meat?

How is everyone doing with their market push (dry)? We literally have two tms ( including me ) to push for the most part of the day. With hours cut, people quitting , and no one getting hired, market is having the hardest time in our store. However, we always beat the sales goal!! But I feel sad looking at condition of some of our aisles . No one cares to atleast zone it . Whenever I get some 10-15 min left before end of my shift, I try to zone whatever I could. But can’t blame anyone bcoz of less hours!!

Yes, we have tms who call out because they don't like being scheduled to close or midshift. As for me, when I'm sick I go to urgent care to get a doctor's note. Managers know the bullshit our ppl say just to stay out of work.

Yes, we have tms who call out because they don't like being scheduled to close or midshift. As for me, when I'm sick I go to urgent care to get a doctor's note. Managers know the bullshit our ppl say just to stay out of work.

Look at Mr. Moneybags who can afford to go to urgent care. I can't afford a bottle of brand name cough syrup right now

Lol. im paying for medicare.

btw has everyone started using green racks with wheels to push out products? We no longer use U-boats. theyve barred pfresh from using u-boats.

The other day I tried to find a U-Boat but couldn’t and ended up having to use a green rack to push my P-Fresh delivery. It seems like it may be the new normal. I definitely prefer U-Boats since they are skinnier and can fit into a tight cooler.

in the beginning U-boats were meant for dry and pfresh. Now the whole stores hogging all the uboats, and we are left with green racks that do not even function well. uboats are meant to be used because of the cardboards you use. you cant put cardboards anywhere on a green racks.

We push all our trucks on uboats. We use tubs and three tiers for pulls because it's easier to sort loose items. I got rid of all the green metros except three for donations. Our fresh truck usually arrives after the dry truck is done, so we take their uboats and then return them (i.e. sharing is caring.) Our store has 60+ uboats, about fifteen three tiers, and a dozen tubs.

My ETL avoids grocery like the plague and their main focus is GM. I never have a status unless I fucked something up but has casual meals with the other Sale Floor TLs. They listen to the GM TLs plans and let them execute them. When I actually plan stuff out, it gets changed and my team doesn't finished but I'm expected to coach them. Anyone else have an ETL like this?

Back