Archived Is your interviewer still your boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Curious how many people still report to their TL and/or ETL who interviewed them? I find that sometimes team leads are a lot harder on folks they didn't interview and choose for themselves.

My gstl lately has been having Performance Discussions with the cashier's her counterpart hired but not so much with her own

The TL that interviewed me is a Hardlines TL so I never reported to her, but she is still there and the ETL left a long while ago now

Not a single person that interviewed me I work with. All of them are soft lines.

i am the tl of one of the people who interviewed me (never was my tl). the other is long gone.

as an aside i couldn't possibly care less if a team member on my team was hired by me or someone else.

Those that interviewed me are no longer with my store. One of them, I'm not sure what she was team lead of but it wasn't softlines. As for the ETL that interviewed me after her,she was ETL/HR.

I had my phone screening with a GSTL who still works there and the ETL-GE who still works there. Neither of them are or ever were my boss though. ETL-HR is long gone.

I was interviewed by my ETL-HR. He was my only interview. He's still there, hiding in his office.

Didn't see either of my Flow TLs or Flow-ETL until my first night of overnight Flow. Two dayside TLs did my interview and the HRTM did my orientation along with the HR-ETL. Of course this was more than 10 years ago.

The TL that interviewed me isn't my boss, but is still here. ETL-HR is still with our store as well. ETL-GE left about 6-7 months into my employment

Sadly no. The electronics TL who hired me liked me A LOT (since i moved over from Mobile) and basically did my interview for me. The ETL actually just quit not too long ago.

My interviewing TL was my boss for about half of my time at my first store (before I changed work centers), but was still there when I transferred. My interviewing ETL quit like a week after I was hired, lol.

I kind of think the leads you get after transferring work centers can be some of the most protective of a TM, especially if they had to "fight" to get you. That's actually probably why the interviewing TL might be more protective, too.

My phone interview was with my TL, but they are no longer with the company and my second interview was with ETL-HR.

The issue we have in our store was TL hiring people for other departments who are absolute crap. About 80% of the people hired for my work center who were interviewed by someone from another department are garbage and either quit or get fired fairly quickly.

I kind of think the leads you get after transferring work centers can be some of the most protective of a TM, especially if they had to "fight" to get you. That's actually probably why the interviewing TL might be more protective, too.

Or the other way around. My interviewing TL didn't want me so I was sent to another work center, now after changing work centers my interviewing TL is my current TL and seems to resent getting stuck with me after all.

The TL I interviewed with is not my TL anymore but has been my TL a total of 2 times since I've been at Target. The ETL that interviewed me got arrested for stealing a year or so after I was hired. :eek:

I don't see what the point of this post is?
It's pointless.

Since you didn't give us much to work with, let's start with the first sentence.

You ask what the point of the thread is, which seems kind of clear from the OPs statement about how much higher the turnover is for the hiring ETLs and TLs then it is for the average TM.
By asking the folks here they are able to gather the information necessary to determine if that is true.
So far I'd say it seems to be running a little bit in that direction but not by an overwhelming majority.
Then you state the topic is pointless.
That is, of course, your opinion and you are certainly welcome to it but don't make blanket statements for all of us.
While not of ground shaking importance this is a topic worth some thought and attention.

I was interviewed by my ETL-Logi and SrTL-Logi and they put me on dayside backroom. For the first month or 2 I didn't start work earlier than 3pm so I had absolutely no exposure to them outside of coming in on my time off.

During those months, I reported to nobody. LODs left us alone in backroom for one reason or another. I don't think any of them liked being in the backroom.

Then I started getting mid shifts here and there so I saw them more often but only as they were clocking out.

Asked my ETL-Logi for feedback like a month after hire and he asked what my date of hire was. That was something.

It's a lot better now but more often than not I still mainly report to non-logi TLs when working backroom shifts.

The TL who interviewed me is an ETL now (the days of yore when spot promoted from within) & one I still have great respect for.
The ETL who did my second interview is long gone, however.

Last edited:
The TL that interviewed me is long gone, but I still have the same ETL.

TL who interviewed me was a hardlines TL and is now a GSTL. The etl was the hl etl, and he left for Wegmans I think right after that AE where they decided to combine the sl and hl etl into one position. They let me pick my dept though and I went with softlines so they weren't my direct leaders ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back