Archived Is your interviewer still your boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no the ETL-AP and the TL for Softlines are both not there anymore. I'm even pretty sure I'm the only one left from the group of people I had orientation with

Everyone I interviewed with is still with Target, but no longer at my store.

I don't see what the point of this post is?
It's pointless.

Have you quit yet? As HR I can send you a term form over a PM if you are truly that miserable.

I was curious about the relationship people have with their interviewer. If you have a problem you could you know, stop reading and get on with your life.

Last edited:
The issue we have in our store was TL hiring people for other departments who are absolute crap.

That's another interesting thing, at my old store we would hire cashier's that a HLTL and etl salesfloor interviewed.

Not interviewing with a single front end leader.

At my new store i firmly believe you should interview with the person you will work under so expectations are made clear from the get go.

Since you didn't give us much to work with, let's start with the first sentence.

You ask what the point of the thread is, which seems kind of clear from the OPs statement about how much higher the turnover is for the hiring ETLs and TLs then it is for the average TM.
By asking the folks here they are able to gather the information necessary to determine if that is true.
So far I'd say it seems to be running a little bit in that direction but not by an overwhelming majority.
Then you state the topic is pointless.
That is, of course, your opinion and you are certainly welcome to it but don't make blanket statements for all of us.
While not of ground shaking importance this is a topic worth some thought and attention.
Lets parse words. In your first sentence you claim that " the OPs statement was about differences between turnover rate of tms/Tls/Etls" this statement is false , no where in the op post does he/she mention a turnover rate .Here is the OPs ,OP

"Curious how many people still report to their TL and/or ETL who interviewed them? I find that sometimes team leads are a lot harder on folks they didn't interview and choose for themselves.

My gstl lately has been having Performance Discussions with the cashier's her counterpart hired but not so much with her own"

The OP is talking about favoritism being played by etls/tls towards tms they interviewed.
So I as mentioned before, what is the point of the post? which even you got wrong. You assumed something about the post , and made an ASS out of ....mostly yourself.
I did not understand the point of the post so I asked . I did not want to make assumptions.
Thank you for letting me have my opinion. You have your opinion, just remember you are not entitled to your own facts.

Have you quit yet? As HR I can send you a term form over a PM if you are truly that miserable.

I was curious about the relationship people have with their interviewer. If you have a problem you could you know, stop reading and get on with your life.
I am certainly not a quitter. You are in HR and are so thin skinned? I asked for an explanation of your post. You seem very defensive and on edge. I'll make sure to limit future interactions with you to just "liking" your posts.
As for that term form, you can shove it in your butt.

@Planosss
In my opinion every single one of your posts is evidence of what an unpleasant person you are. Has it occurred to you that the reason you get the reaction you do to your posts is their causticity?
This person obviously contributes nothing to the forum. When I encounter users on here who post frequently but have never posted a single thing that I found insightful or helpful, I just add them to the ignore list. It's a handy feature that cuts down on much of the BS and trolling that you would otherwise endure.

@Planosss
In my opinion every single one of your posts is evidence of what an unpleasant person you are. Has it occurred to you that the reason you get the reaction you do to your posts is their causticity?
Yes I just realized that if you don't fit the mold. You should just stfu.

Well I work overnight and was interviewed by a dayside TL and then my HR ETL whom I also rarely see so i guess the answer to your question is no. They're both still there But I never reported to them directly anyway.

My first interview was with the etl hr, who is long gone. My 2nd interview was with my flow tl who I reported to for 4 yrs., and then he moved to another position in the store. He and I still have a great working relationship. He is one of the few leaders I have had who gets my respect.

No, the GSTL and ETLGE both transferred to different stores and even if they were still here I'm a PMT now not cart attendant.

link-irado-62f80ed2d5618d2fda80668cd80ab787.jpg

This person obviously contributes nothing to the forum. When I encounter users on here who post frequently but have never posted a single thing that I found insightful or helpful, I just add them to the ignore list. It's a handy feature that cuts down on much of the BS and trolling that you would otherwise endure.
Agreed.

Lets parse words. In your first sentence you claim that " the OPs statement was about differences between turnover rate of tms/Tls/Etls" this statement is false , no where in the op post does he/she mention a turnover rate .Here is the OPs ,OP

"Curious how many people still report to their TL and/or ETL who interviewed them? I find that sometimes team leads are a lot harder on folks they didn't interview and choose for themselves.

My gstl lately has been having Performance Discussions with the cashier's her counterpart hired but not so much with her own"

The OP is talking about favoritism being played by etls/tls towards tms they interviewed.
So I as mentioned before, what is the point of the post? which even you got wrong. You assumed something about the post , and made an ASS out of ....mostly yourself.
I did not understand the point of the post so I asked . I did not want to make assumptions.
Thank you for letting me have my opinion. You have your opinion, just remember you are not entitled to your own facts.

Mea Culpa.
I was answering from my phone and didn't get this right because I was scrolling,
No excuses.

I probably should have just said this.

687474703a2f2f33312e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f39653966346131366639336532343335353464363561376437646166643462642f74756d626c725f6d6e343436693551346b317371687a37326f345f313238302e706e67

If you are interested in why someone is asking a question you can put it a whole lot better.

I interviewed with three people, and none of them are still there. Two of them(both ETLs) left like a week after I interviewed with them. One transferred to another store, and the other one I never saw again so not sure what happened to them. They weren't even wearing a target uniform when they interviewed me lol.

The first person I interviewed with, the TL, was my boss for around a little over a year. He then got fired and I got promoted to PA and switched to the morning.

Also, all the original ETLs, and the STL, that were initially there when I started have all left lol. I've worked here too long.

No one wants you to fit the mold. Jb is pretty contrarian but at least he adds something to the discussion from time to time. All you literally do is cherry pick others post then point out what's wrong with it.

I lurked here for a bit before I started posting. There are times I want to rip people a new one but I don't because of you know human decency. This is the, internet its not hard to have a filter rather than tear everyone down.

I'm not quite sure what the people mean by "not my boss". At my store with end to end in place all TL are over all TM and all ETL's are over all TL and TM. There isn't really a "my boss" situation as all TL are over all TM since all TL now know how to do pretty much everything in the store and can help with all questions and issues.

Anyways nope both my interviewers are gone.

The TL who gave my phone interview transferred stores a year or so ago. The ETL-HR who interviewed me in person left something like 3 or 4 ETL-HRs ago.

First round: both left. Second Round: My then TL is still here, ETL left. I became the TL of my then TL, then switched workcenters.

I started at my store almost 8 years ago. There is only 2 ETLs and 6 TLs who are still there when I got hired. One of the ETLs was one of my interviewers. The second interviewer left about 2 or 3 years ago. 5 of the TLs run the Beverage and Consumables side and the last one runs Pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back