Archived Is your store asking about Thanksgiving already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our team was approached by our ETL HR today about working Thanksgiving/Black Friday. He gave most of us a time frame of 2:00am to 10:00am Friday cashiering. What happens if I tell them I'm going out of town those 2 days?( I'm flow and we won't have trucks those days.) I've never missed a day of work the 1.5 years I've been at target and I don't want to call out unless absolutely necessary.

What happens if I tell them I'm going out of town those 2 days?
They will tell you that time off requests are not allowed during that period and that your store will most likely be taking trucks those days. If you're overnight flow, there's about a 95% chance that your store will get 7+ trucks that week.

Yes they started today. They haven't gotten to me yet but I always do crowd control. I have a blast. Good food too

For Q4 you should start asking for days off in August. We are already locking people in for dates in December.

No one has approached me about thanksgiving or black Friday must be working the usual schedule lol

Oh no it's starting already.. I haven't been asked and I'm afraid. I wonder what time it'll be this year 5 pm??

I was asked by HR last week. He came over carrying a huge binder and I was shocked to realize he was asking so early...although with Target, I shouldn't be all that surprised.

Working Thanksgiving used to bother me but I'm not with my family this year and could use the money, so I told him whatever floats his boat.

No idea, but probably did if everyone else's stores are asking. I'm gonna be out of town for Thanksgiving + Christmas/New Years and put in a request about 2 weeks before they put a sign up saying you can request Thanksgiving off until yesterday and that was about 4 weeks ago lol. So I should be okay, it's really imperative I get these holidays off because I don't see family more than twice a year.

They will tell you that time off requests are not allowed during that period and that your store will most likely be taking trucks those days. If you're overnight flow, there's about a 95% chance that your store will get 7+ trucks that week.

Which is BS. If you ask early enough, they should be accomodating.

So is it possible to get fired for calling out on a shift from those days?

You bet they can fire you. It is required you are scheduled to work there. I mean everyone is supposed to work on that day so unless you are on your deathbed you best be coming in.

I approached my ETL regarding thanksgiving to make special scheduled requests. She was more than happy to help.

I'm the Signing TM. The Plano team either gets tasked with something specific or has SF shifts during Black Friday/Saturday, and since I'm the only one on the team with kids, I usually get approached and asked what I can work vs. being told what I will work. My TL is great about making sure that we're taken care of.

when i was asked about hours for that it didnt occur to me yet that it was sept. and now that i see this thread it IS weird.

We've not been asked about the "holiday" season, but we sure are selling Xmas stuff already!!

We've not been asked about the "holiday" season, but we sure are selling Xmas stuff already!!

My local KM has lit XMas trees in the indoor portion of their garden center, very noticeable at night!

Our rear seasonal is setup in such a way that there is a gigantic Halloween poster over the wall where our Christmas lights are.
My store too. Something about it just bothers me!

Nobody's been asking yet at my store but I have a feeling they will soon. Last year I was crowd management leader electronics, and I worked from I think 5:00 PM to 1:30 AM. That was absolute hell.

Not that it matters much to me anyway this year. Being AP I pretty much already know to expect opening on Black Thursday until the crowds die down.

They haven't asked, but I feel it coming. Generally it's an "all hands on deck" situation. Although we do have some snowflakes who refuse to work on Thanksgiving. I think we should still schedule them, then coach if they don't show up. All of us would like Thanksgiving with our families, but you can't make demands like that, working in a place like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back