Archived Issues with the Spread of Information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like at my store there is a serious problem in getting information out to the whole team. For example, I found out that my ETL-HR, ETL-GE intern, and one GSA are all leaving the store before this week ends, and only because I overheard other people talking about it, and nobody knew about the second jeans week until the day it started. TMs are rarely told about events or policy changes, and it makes me feel out of the loop. I have to rely on this website and business news sources in order to inform myself about what's going on, and that really bugs me. I imagine other TMs who don't go out of their way to learn about changes are in an even worse position.

Is your store like this? I feel like it could potentially be resolved if there were some sort of notification system (like an app) to try to make sure TMs know about big changes, especially if it's related to their workcenter. An app would be nice to be alerted to policy changes, upcoming sales/traffic spikes, volunteer events, management changes, or even some personal things like birthdays. I feel like the company would benefit from having a more connected and knowledgable workforce.

Done this one before but it has been a consistent problem with this company.

What does Spot need most to improve performance and employee moral?

Mr. Left Hand, I'd like you to meet Mr. Right Hand.

. TMs are rarely told about events or policy changes, and it makes me feel out of the loop.

This especially was an issue for me when I was closing every night. A lot of things, when they were actually discussed, were talked about at morning huddle. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was getting yelled at by a fellow tm for doing something while I was on register that the GSTLs had apparently specifically stated not to do. I talked to leadership about keeping ALL tms informed of important info and that helped a lot.

Corporate has been doing a better job of getting info out through workbench, but that doesn't exactly help for store-specific issues and not everyone logs in to workbench regularly.

As a TL, I still don't get communication on half the stuff. then when I don't do something the new way I hear about it then, like why not communicate it isn't rocket science.

Still an issue. I've complained about lack of communication to everyone from TL-STL and nothing ever changed.

Its tough, when you include flow pretty much every hour your off the store is going on and things are happening. Its a problem across all retail stores. Communication can always be better.

The TL over my current workcenter is actually a great communicator. It's nice after getting nothing of value from my previous leaders.

It would help, though, if I worked with my TL more than once a month.

There's a TL that likes to gossip about people's personal issues! Not good could really hurt someone! I believe it's a control thing to keep people in her loop. Not managerial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back