Items that guests ask for

pellinore

Ho hum....I'm watching you!
I really miss the thread we had from before where TMs could share things that guests ask for.

I don't know what forum this should go under, so perhaps you can put it in the right forum for me.

Guest Attendant

Former Target Team Member
My new place is nothing like Target. Its more of an up scale Walmat supercenter. We carry many things that Target does not.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
With the hurricane we got many requests for generators and storm lanterns.

Bags of ice, cigs, stamps, fresh groceries (we are a general merchandise store). Guest comments always include at least one about "they should open a SuperTarget here"

Formina Sage💯

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
Bags of ice, cigs, stamps, fresh groceries (we are a general merchandise store). Guest comments always include at least one about "they should open a SuperTarget here"
We're a PFresh, and we ALWAYS see those comments as well. It's like, come on people, our food margins are slim enough as it is, if you could only see what get's thrown off the bakery table. Now imagine that much more in a super... this town isn't big enough to justify a super, not with another grocery store in town. The nearest super is like 7 miles away.

Halloween is coming up soon but still.....
If you need it for a Halloween display, just go get a blanket from domestics.
If it's for a real funeral, isn't that something the funeral home would include with their services?

OP
OP
pellinore

pellinore

Ho hum....I'm watching you!
A.....grave blanket...?!
Often people will place a "grave blanket" on a gravesite....kind of a way to honor or remember the deceased.

Grave blankets are really popular among people who have family that immigrated earlier in the 20th century. Also popular in areas with high concentrations of catholic churches.

I think Target should at least sell NY Times or USA Today at Starbucks I mean they do at other Starbucks. Guests like to read the paper and have a cup of coffee. I had one guest ask yesterday if we had a redbox. If we had those I could only imagine all the guests getting mad when it was broke or it won't take my DVD.

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
I had one guest ask yesterday if we had a redbox. If we had those I could only imagine all the guests getting mad when it was broke or it won't take my DVD.
I get asked if we have a Redbox all the time! If we had one and it broke, it would probably be a guest's fault and us lowly team members would get screamed at for it anyways. (rolls eyes)

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
One that I've been getting a lot lately is prepaid phone cards. Not the ones for prepaid cell phones (Tracfone, Net10, Virgin Mobile, Boost, etc.), but the old ones for long distance and whatnot. I can't remember the last time I saw one in any store.

IIRC the prepaid long distance cards should be with the land-line telephones.

I know the post was a while ago, but every now and again I've seen retractable lanyards in Stationery / Office.

Cigarettes and beer. And sometimes they ask if we sell the Target plastic bags, especially the big red ones.

And all sorts of winter clothing... during the summer!

Echoing the stamps sentiment. I always send them to Kroger next door which actually has stamps AND newspapers.

Would it really be that hard to let us sell stamps at the Guest Service desk?

Last night I had the most bizarre guest. I asked him if I could help him find something...

"Do you guys have "birthday"...ya know??"

"Excuse me??", thinking I had misheard

"Ya know...."birthday!" do you carry "birthday??"

At that point my brain shut down. My supervisor walks over, sees the look on my face and after a few words he figures out the guest was looking for lockboxes!

Apparently if you work at Target long enough you gain the ability to read minds :)

Merry Christmas guys!