Archived Job Interview at Target questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!

I have a job interview at Target this Friday. I just had some questions that relate to the job interview. I applied to Target last weekend as a cashier and recently found out my dad is going to visit my Grandma and uncle out of state this summer (I found out after I applied). I was wanting to visit my grandma and uncle as I haven't seen them since I was 17 (I am now 21) and I have been wanting to go there for a while.

I found out today I have been selected for a job interview. When I found out I called my mom before I clocked in to my job (I work at my school but it is only on a semester by semester basis) and asked her about what I should tell them about visiting my grandma and uncle (who live out of state). She told me I shouldn't say anything and should just wait until it comes closer (I would be leaving in mid-July). The visit would be for five days.

What would you advise? Target was only going to be for the summer so I could earn some extra money but I really want to visit my family. Would you advise telling them at the interview about this or just wait until it comes closer to tell them?

At my store a 5 day trip would not be a deal breaker. Are you applying for a seasonal or permanent position? Please be honest during your interview if you are only looking for a seasonal position and they are trying to fill a permanent position.

If your saying your planning on the trip later this summer no problems. Just go to the interview when you get offered a job then id mention the trip as long as you request it off 2 weeks in advance no problem.

At my store a 5 day trip would not be a deal breaker. Are you applying for a seasonal or permanent position? Please be honest during your interview if you are only looking for a seasonal position and they are trying to fill a permanent position.

Seasonal but I put that on the application

During your Interview,the Interviewer will go over your availability and ask if you have any upcoming vacations planned. You will have to sign that form. Our store does not hire seasonals for the summer but a lot of stores do. I would be honest and mention the trip. 5 days should not be an issue.

As a someone who does interviews, I ask straight up if they have travel plans so I can know now rather than later and it doesn't prevent me from passing them to the next interview. I have no problems with time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back