Archived Just need to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been signing TM for the past two years now. I've always tried to maintain my signing area, keep it tidy, throw away things we don't use.

My STL recently appointed someone to clean the fixture and signing room, and my room was torn apart. I was gone one day and I walk in and it's gutted. It really threw me for a loop, because no one told me.

I wanna go to my STL and just tell her some communication would be nice since it is the signing room and I'm the one who puts away all the signing, handles the signing room, keeps track of what we have etc.

Sorry, I've just been incredibly unhappy with some recent changes and I'm trying to be a team player, and a good sport, but it's really difficult when I feel so insignificant to the store.

I've been signing TM for the past two years now. I've always tried to maintain my signing area, keep it tidy, throw away things we don't use.

My STL recently appointed someone to clean the fixture and signing room, and my room was torn apart. I was gone one day and I walk in and it's gutted. It really threw me for a loop, because no one told me.

I wanna go to my STL and just tell her some communication would be nice since it is the signing room and I'm the one who puts away all the signing, handles the signing room, keeps track of what we have etc.

Sorry, I've just been incredibly unhappy with some recent changes and I'm trying to be a team player, and a good sport, but it's really difficult when I feel so insignificant to the store.
somebody pissed in their cheerios. They did the same to me. Hundreds of dollars of stuff thrown out. Things with open mysupport tickets. Because they can't go in the storage trailer because that's going way next month too. Took me almost fifteen minutes you find something it should have taken a minute. We were given notice, but they purged after I left for the day, two days early.

They've really been insufferable lately. Remember that you are still important even if bullseye doesn't think it.

I can always, ALWAYS immediately tell when someone has been going thru my stuff when I am not there. And when I am there and see someone eyeballing my area, I always ask them what they are looking for & then show them where it actually is since they are never looking in the right place or it's right in front of them but they don't see it.

I'd be beyond pissed if my stuff was cleaned out without me there. To go behind your back to purge is so disrespectful! My AP once went thru the signing area and messed everything up for no good reason other than he was bored and looking for something to do (I forgave him once he gave me my own baler key, lol).

Weird things going on here too. All the sudden, all my signing and displays have to go in the fixture room. I'm going with the flow. But there really isn't room.

I had all my cart parts swept back that I had on a pallet. I was going to get some parts and the next thing I knew they were gone. Well to hell with trying to fix them then if that's how they want to play since my carts are getting replaced this year anyways. I'll just put them out for recycling. With bounceback everyone so obsessed with cleaning stuff out. I got a smart remark today about some other materials I ordered and just came in like Tuesday and STL sees me working with it and says "Oh finally that pallet is going away" like really?

When I took over the signing position at my store the previous signing guy had been gone for two months. I walked into a disaster and it has taken me almost a year to unfuck what it took the plano team and pptl to two months to destroy. You are not insignificant, what we do is largely unnoticed until we don’t do it.

Weird things going on here too. All the sudden, all my signing and displays have to go in the fixture room. I'm going with the flow. But there really isn't room.

That's when you pull up the signing best practice/ISM guide on Workbench that clearly states signing is allowed 8 ft. in the steel. I can't count the number of times they've had plans to move my area somewhere else; has never happened though.

When I took over the signing position at my store the previous signing guy had been gone for two months. I walked into a disaster and it has taken me almost a year to unfuck what it took the plano team and pptl to two months to destroy. You are not insignificant, what we do is largely unnoticed until we don’t do it.
So you unfucked it huh, thats great

New STL came in and started tossing all sorts of stuff in a lot of areas (Pog, Signing, Softlines, Receiving). Just gutting everything. DTL wants signing in Softlines minimalized (and fitting room alcove was also gutted of extra fixture supplies). Receiving desk was completely gutted to only essentials. Fixture room is in the process of being gutted. It’s total chaos and I can’t even imagine the money being thrown out. No worries though, we can always order more (inexperienced mentality folks). Meanwhile, pricing is almost outta clearance tix and have been on backorder for a month. I don’t mind a serious clean up, but it’s tossing the baby out with the bath water mode.

New STL came in and started tossing all sorts of stuff in a lot of areas (Pog, Signing, Softlines, Receiving). Just gutting everything. DTL wants signing in Softlines minimalized (and fitting room alcove was also gutted of extra fixture supplies). Receiving desk was completely gutted to only essentials. Fixture room is in the process of being gutted. It’s total chaos and I can’t even imagine the money being thrown out. No worries though, we can always order more (inexperienced mentality folks). Meanwhile, pricing is almost outta clearance tix and have been on backorder for a month. I don’t mind a serious clean up, but it’s tossing the baby out with the bath water mode.

When I contacted my support about the clearance tickets I ordered over a month ago, they said they were backhauled. What the he'll kind of word is that??? What does it mean?

When I contacted my support about the clearance tickets I ordered over a month ago, they said they were backhauled. What the he'll kind of word is that??? What does it mean?

Backordered? Means that something is out of stock on the distribution side and so you're waiting for the distributor to get some before sending it to you

Lol "my stuff"

Everything there belongs to target
We just order more of whatever gets thrown out because there's a budget for that

Whoops I thought it was auto correct

Well could be an auto correct on the writers end as well. Cause I have seen some of the new yellow clearance stickers, we haven't gotten them but some stores have. We got some merch transfers in and it was yellow tagged clearance.

Be thoughtful. If multiple Sign tms are seeing the same thing there's some new change afoot.
We actually had what you described happen too. However, since we regularly purge our room (its small) no one thought anything of it. Thanks to other experiences I hide thing I need in areas no one thinks they will be. I learned very quickly that signs can be backstocked. So I do. No one has said anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back