Archived Koolaid

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bright side, now would be a good time to test the employment waters at other jobs and if they don't work out, you can always come back to Target and not have to worry about losing your annual raises!
That's a pretty good idea. Leave on a good note, at least you know you won't be making more than the minimum anyway if you stayed.

Never thought of it like that

That's what I did...took a few years off, came back making more than I was making before. The only thing I "lost" was a promotion which doesn't exist anymore, and my average hours (which affects my vacation accruals and insurance eligibility). But that is quickly enough gained back if needed.

She needs to learn in my neighborhood Audi R8's are daily commuter cars.. She is basic.. But I did enjoy watching her get her hands dirty packing.. She at least did the work, I got to respect that..
Not even a daily in my hood. Might be good enough for the kids to bump around in.

I would be watching my back if I made it to $30 an hour at this place...at that point you have a giant TARGET on your forehead. Oops looks like you were 0.5 ms late that one time, well seeya
My favorite etl was making more than the stl back when he first got promoted to stl. As you can imagine they got rid of him real quick after that. I'm still not sure what they had on him but they went the full package with the walk of shame after pacing his desk. He runs a store for another retail chain now, so jokes on the stl. He probably still makes more.

BENEFITS. Bene Bene Bene benefits. Good ones. Take care of the people who take care of you. Attention Corporate....

BENEFITS. Bene Bene Bene benefits. Good ones. Take care of the people who take care of you. Attention Corporate....

"people"...you mean "assets"?

Since we all know corporate is lurking here (waving hello!) y'all seriously had nothing better to do than come up with goofy PR nonsense like the seasonal Photo Booth? An idea so useless it could only have come out of that "collaborative team space" up there in the hyperborean lands of Minnesota

That's what I did...took a few years off, came back making more than I was making before. The only thing I "lost" was a promotion which doesn't exist anymore, and my average hours (which affects my vacation accruals and insurance eligibility). But that is quickly enough gained back if needed.

Yup, that's what I did too. I make the same $11/hr that the other cashiers that have been there 4 or 5 years make.

Yeah my dtl drives a really expensive car, parks a mile from the store so no one touches it, and what bugs me is on visits she loves to check in on beauty and apparel. Does she ever visit the dogs on flow, backroom or market? Nope lol. Made my day when I found out she had to pak from sfs at @Bosch store lol.
I've been with Target almost three years and not once has our DTL ever said hello to me. Can't miss me at GS. During a visit they all stand around by the checklanes and then he leaves. Walks right by me again.

my general experience with retail is that store-level leadership tend to be sympathetic to the plight of us wage slaves (I know for a fact my STL would pay me $20/hr and bonuses if it were in his power to do so) but once you go much further beyond store level it's full bore "greed is good" all day every day. How many of these people have a copy of Atlas Shrugged on their desks? Answer: all of them.
TDTP08.JPG

I've been with Target almost three years and not once has our DTL ever said hello to me. Can't miss me at GS. During a visit they all stand around by the checklanes and then he leaves. Walks right by me again.
I feel sad for you. At least mine all know my name even before I was TL.

A few years ago when the whole " vibe" with the guests was the new thing ..our stl told us that if he ( thank God he has since moved on ) saw us walk by a guest without speaking to them we would be coached on the Spot. Well, the stl, etls would walk right by guests and tms all day long never speak them. Our dtl at the time was a hard ass. He was very unfriendly would never speak and always looked like he was about to shit out a pine cone. One day the dtl came in and did his usual thing of not speaking to anyone unless they were a tl, srtl etl, stl etc. well on this day a tm ( who has never been afraid to speak their mind ....usually says what the rest of us wants to but are afraid to) called the dtl by name ( when he walked by him in an offstage area) and said can I ask you a quick question. The dtl looked shocked and said sure. The tm then said how do you expect us ( tms) to be friendly to guests all the time when you walk in here and you wont even speak to tms. The tm went on to say I have been here for two years and you have never spoke to me. The dtl said well I apologize for that....then walked off. Later, the tm was called up front by the stl and hr etl and was told he shouldn't had said that . The tm said well don't ask me to do something as a tm y ou as a leader aren't willing to do yourself ( ie viibing with the guests). In the end the tm was told never to do that again. However, we all still laugh about it ...cause from the day forward everytime the dtl came in the store he made sure he found that tm ( if he was there) and spoke to him .

A few years ago when the whole " vibe" with the guests was the new thing ..our stl told us that if he ( thank God he has since moved on ) saw us walk by a guest without speaking to them we would be coached on the Spot. Well, the stl, etls would walk right by guests and tms all day long never speak them. Our dtl at the time was a hard ass. He was very unfriendly would never speak and always looked like he was about to shit out a pine cone. One day the dtl came in and did his usual thing of not speaking to anyone unless they were a tl, srtl etl, stl etc. well on this day a tm ( who has never been afraid to speak their mind ....usually says what the rest of us wants to but are afraid to) called the dtl by name ( when he walked by him in an offstage area) and said can I ask you a quick question. The dtl looked shocked and said sure. The tm then said how do you expect us ( tms) to be friendly to guests all the time when you walk in here and you wont even speak to tms. The tm went on to say I have been here for two years and you have never spoke to me. The dtl said well I apologize for that....then walked off. Later, the tm was called up front by the stl and hr etl and was told he shouldn't had said that . The tm said well don't ask me to do something as a tm y ou as a leader aren't willing to do yourself ( ie viibing with the guests). In the end the tm was told never to do that again. However, we all still laugh about it ...cause from the day forward everytime the dtl came in the store he made sure he found that tm ( if he was there) and spoke to him .
This is a "the squeaky mouse gets the cheese" moment.

These Dtls have it backwards on visits they hang out with etls and stls desperate to promote rather than the boots on the ground.

A team member is more likely to tell it as it is because they aren't overly concerned with painting a rosy picture to climb a ladder, they just want the store to run smoothly.

When they do visit boots on the ground it's a token "how are you selling" to a FACE area.

We have a lazy slob of an electronics tm who brags how hes tight with the dtl, tell me why she has to ask how long you've been with us every time she visits

My dtl and I bond over whatever latest memo I've read but he hasn't.

Minion, why isn't the door cling up?
Sir, the memo said 10/29 was wrong, 11/26 is the new date.
Oh, where was that minion?
Workbench or the merch update. We've got to stop meeting like this...

Every. other. visit. For 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back