Archived Lady having a Meltdown in Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
The third or fourth time she screamed let me go and I'll leave, he should have gave her that opportunity.

Failing that? Choke slam the fool.
drinkbeer.gif

As crazy as she seemed, she would have hurt or even killed someone in the parking lot. Letting her leave would be dangerous. And imagine the headline when she was let go and she runs over three toddlers with her car while the police are still en route.

Since when does being under the influence get categorized as mentally ill?

She was clearly not only under the influence. She showed schizophrenic behavior.

Many, many undiagnosed people and a fair number of people with a diagnosis self-medicate. The people with a diagnosis are the worst; they'll tell you that pharmaceutical companies are putting out medicines that cause brain damage and they'll reference junk science after junk science and then they'll tell you that you will be much safer and much more under control if you flush your medicines and start using weed and LSD. I don't know why those two are always championed, but they are.

So many mental health pros on this thread!

Many, many people work at Target. My mental illness was initially diagnosed over two decades ago, and to keep myself well I've had to research the heck out of mental illness, stay current on the latest medical findings, and network with other people who are mentally ill. And I'm positive I'm not the only person working for Target that has a personal or professional reason for knowing a great deal about the subject.

So yeah, there are likely a lot of pros on this thread.

Fucking trash. Any one of those guests should have helped subdue that dumb cunt.

Im surprised this thread hasn't been shut down by now.

I showed the video to my husband. He is a great example of public opinion and he didn't see anything wrong with how the TPS handled it. Though he was surprised about how long it took to get the handcuffs on.

This one definitely isn't "by the book". We are trained to not take people to the ground. If you go to the ground your supposed to make every attempt to get yourself and the subject off the ground. Also the use of handcuffs on a compative person is against rules. All of those issues could be coached for.

As for the LOD, they're trained to never intervene in physical situations.
OK, I have no issue with policy. Sounds like what everyone who is qualified to say (and I am not ap or I wouldnt have made those statements) that basically TPS are useless. If they can't do apprehensions or takedowns then there in my estimations are no better than TM and non key carrying TLs. With the exception they can tell a guest to leave without getting a coaching.

So my opinon is all of ap needs to be able to physically remove people. If spot doesn't believe TPS can, it needs to go.

I am curious though. Its a mall target so why didn't someone call mall security (who are usually cleet certified security guards who can arrest) and have them remove her since TPS had its balls cut off.

I'm not a troll. AP isn't paid enough to deal with screaming nutcases. Let society take of it
So you want to see her shot? You ever clean up blood before. I have. You have to use a special cleaner and all that wonderful gear we are supposed to use on spills but never do. Otherwise, you can get all sorts of diseases.

Yeah. No. Not how that works.
That's not how its supposed to work. But I believe freddy grey and philasto castile and the others would agree that sadly that's how it did work for them. Oh and sorry to here you got your balls cut off. And here I always though that Wal-mart was the only store with door greeters.

that basically TPS are useless. If they can't do apprehensions or takedowns then there in my estimations are no better than TM and non key carrying TLs. With the exception they can tell a guest to leave without getting a coaching.

A bit of an unfair comment

There is much more to stopping shortage than apprehensions. We have two TPS, one is lazy and not very good at his job but the other is great with PMRs. Is great at shutting down fraudulent returns and knows how to keep our ETL AP and APBP in the loop who do apprehend people.

There is much more to stopping shortage than apprehensions. We have two TPS, one is lazy and not very good at his job but the other is great with PMRs. Is great at shutting down fraudulent returns and knows how to keep our ETL AP and APBP in the loop who do apprehend people.
Yes, it is. Its also honest. I have worked in retail, I have worked in hotel management. I have worked in a airport handling passengers for 2 major carriers. I have worked in food serve management. I understand what to takes to stop theft, stop violence and stop destruction.

Target doesn't need people standing at the front of the store that can't physically stop people who are being belligerent. I am not saying my my tps aren't hard workers. They are. I know them. But this is a spot problem that is above all of our pay-grades. We all want the theft to go down. We all want the guests to be happy and enjoy their time in the store. And yes that lady most likely was either high, drunk or mentally ill, in all situations she needed to be removed physically the moment she threw something. If the incorrect person did the apprehension then thats a policy problem.

I don't disagree with the fact that we need people who are great with PMRs, that stop gift card fraud and the return fraud (like the dyson scam). However, there is no reason why every ap person shouldn't also be taught how to properly remove a guest who turns violent. That could have very easily been a coke bottle thrown.

So while I am being a bit harsh, I am being honest. Like I said, we need all AP to do all ap jobs. One of the electronics TM has a high pmr % too. We simply need to care more. Spot needs to care more.

This video reminds me of when this guy who tried to steal some alcohol from our store (ended up stealing alcohol from another store) came back in a drunken rage, knocked down all of the glass candles, proceeded to knock down all the folded towels, and then knocked down our gift cards. To make matters worse, he pushed over our banana tree! He did scare a lot of guests and the police were called. Took us about an hour and a half to two hours to clean everything up. TPS couldn't do much aside from walking him to the front of the store.

Not true.
So you're a medical doc now? I have OSHA Blood borne pathogen certification. Yes, you can get diseases from putting your hand in someones blood. These pathogens include, but are not limited to: hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).

So you're a medical doc now? I have OSHA Blood borne pathogen certification. Yes, you can get diseases from putting your hand in someones blood. These pathogens include, but are not limited to: hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).

...if you have an open cut.

Children can't we get a long?

I need everyone to say one thing they appreciate about another TM ;)

I would love a TPS/ETLAP who would shut down fraudulent returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back