Archived Last day questions and whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Fitting Room

Free from Target :D
I recently put in my two-week notice with Target and my last day of work is later on this month. I know that before I leave, the LOD will give me my final pay, but I'm a tad hazy as to what happens from there. I'm assuming that my unused vacation and sick hours will be cashed out and included, but I believe I heard that personal time is not able to be cashed out and you lose it if you never used it, so I'm not counting on that. Do I have that part right?

Also, will I need to sign any additional forms? So far, the only one I've signed is the Voluntary Termination one. I don't plan on ever coming back to Target, but I want to do this as neatly as possible (besides the fact that my STL now knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that I hate her...lol!).

One last question: let's say a future employer calls Target to check on my references. No one at my store can offer feedback one way or another, all they can do is direct the person to the Employee Verification Hotline, and the people there can only say that I worked at Target from ____ to ____, right?

Thanks to any who provide answers! :)

I wish I knew the answers I'm sure someone else does! Bu best of luck to you!

Thanks! :) I know there are a few people here who work HR/Clerical and others who have quit, so I'm hoping someone will have the answers.

My last day was Monday the 4th. I didn't get paid out by the LOD but I got my normal check the following Friday and I assume I'll get my last one (vacation included) in two weeks. I'm paperless direct deposit though, are you referring to collecting a physical check?

Vacation is paid out, personal time isn't. My state does not get sick pay.

I filled out the voluntary termination notice then nothing else. Some people take an exit survey but I didn't, maybe because I finished on a holiday weekend and the ETL-HR wasn't around when I left.

Going off of memory from the 401k forms if that is an issue for you:

• If you have less than $1k, your 401k gets cashed out and you get a check mailed to you (you can then deposit that into a rollover account without penalty).
  • If you have between $1k and $5k they set up a rollover IRA for you in your name.
  • If you have more than $5k you keep your account with Target and can request a rollover yourself.

Pension information will apparently be mailed to me later.

I'll let you know if anything else comes up so I can keep you on top of things!

Your HR will give you an exit survey.

All your vacation hours should be in your last check.

If you have any 401k or pension, you need to transfer it over to a qualified account within 3-6months. If you do not move it, it will automatically be moved into an outside account. KeyBank Retirement last I heard.

Any calls for references should be forwarded to the Verification Hotline. If you are not buddy-buddies with your store leadership. I would almost go ahead note the verification number on any reference forms. As long as you complete your 2 weeks and are in good standing, you should be noted as rehire-able

Awesome, thanks all. I already took down the Employee Verification Hotline number for reference, and I never set up a 401k or anything like that, so I think it should just be my final pay, plus vacation and sick hours, that I should expect. As for the exit survey...ooooooooh, the things I have to say! :D I'm counting down the days! It's so awesome: pretty much the whole store heard about the whole incident with my STL that led to me putting in my two weeks, and since literally everyone hates her while I am almost universally liked and respected within my store, she can't walk two feet without getting looks from team members. :D

How long have you worked there? It is setup automatically after a certain amount of time, maybe 6 months or 1000 hours or something like that.

How long have you worked there? It is setup automatically after a certain amount of time, maybe 6 months or 1000 hours or something like that.

Almost four years. Hmm, perhaps I should ask my ETL-HR about it, then: if it's mine, then I want it!

Go, girl!
Theme song playing as you walk out for the last time as a TM: "I'm Walkin' On Sunshine"

I got my last check direct deposited yesterday, it appears to have had my last 16 hours plus all of my vacation on it. (I'm paperless but going by the dollar amount it seems correct). I already got a paycheck last week so I guess they payed me out early!

There is a very convenient 401k withdrawal/rollover process on the pay and benefits site, I was able to roll it over into my IRA without any issues. That was very pleasant! You will get a letter with information about your 401k if you do in fact have one, but you can check on it and start the rollover process now if you want online.

I got my last check direct deposited yesterday, it appears to have had my last 16 hours plus all of my vacation on it. (I'm paperless but going by the dollar amount it seems correct). I already got a paycheck last week so I guess they payed me out early!

There is a very convenient 401k withdrawal/rollover process on the pay and benefits site, I was able to roll it over into my IRA without any issues. That was very pleasant! You will get a letter with information about your 401k if you do in fact have one, but you can check on it and start the rollover process now if you want online.

I'll check eHR tonight and see what I can find out. Thanks, Petey! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back