Archived Latest PDA update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week when our PDAs received the latest software update, the one that created the SUBT app, we have started having a new problem. When we are checking the backroom detail reports or the CAF pull times the names do not match up often to the people working. And the names can change every hour. We log out and back in to our PDAs and for that hour it may list the correct TM but one hour later it may be a entirely different TM listed.

As an example the other night I was backstocking for four hrs. When the detail report was pulled up the next day it listed myself and five other TMs backstocking down the same aisle. When I was the only one even working that night and most of the TMs listed don't work backroom or even backstock.

One coworker yesterday pulled the 12:00 till 4:00 CAFs. The first hour another TM was listed as pulling, the second credited him. At 2:00 I clocked in to start my shift and grabbed a PDA for the day. That hour he pulled the CAFs but on the report my name was listed. At 3 he was listed as the puller but at 4 it listed another TM that was working in the store.

Is there any other stores that are experiencing the same problem we are?

We had the same thing too. 3 of us were being listed as the same name on CAF pull reports and a couple of times, it listed a guy in electronics as pulling.

My ETL pharmacy was listed as pulling at one point. I don't even think she knows where the Backroom is!

It seems to just pull names at random, but I wonder if it just pulls the name of whoever has logged into a PDA most recently instead of pairing the pull info with the tm who is actually pulling. To clarify, maybe it is just pairing the pull info with whoever logged in to any PDA at the time that batch was pulled. Haven't read the urgent message, so I dunno.

The backroom detail reports shows the name of the tm that last backstocked a dpci in a location. The system only saves the name for 2 weeks. If the item has been in location longer than that then the tm name is blank.

We got the update and although subt was moved to web apps as of today it was still working on rf apps. Hopefully they will forget to remove it.

Nice to see somethings never change. Target and software rolls outs always equals fail.

We got the update and although subt was moved to web apps as of today it was still working on rf apps. Hopefully they will forget to remove it.

If they actually take it out I seriously might just throw every PDA we have into the compactor. It's going to be such a pain in the ass to have to toggle out of RF Apps to go into SUBT. I don't understand why a separate app was made. It is completely pointless.

Eventually everything will be a web app. Will still take a little longer to toggle between the two, but not as much time as it does now.

Hopefully they give us all more MC9200 PDA's which are MUCH quicker at handling the graphical based info on the PDA's. Otherwise web apps will result in TM's just getting more and more frustrated with a fractured PDA system. Kinda like back in the days when we had Network, Host, ISIS, and Workbench - you had to remember where in the hell the report you wanted was located!!!

And on that note, who else has the Redwire app??? The one used to assign tasks to individuals and allow leaders to follow up , create tasks, and delegate tasks to others with completion deadlines. It is VERY cumbersome to use, and to change task status you have to go through too many menus. Also, don't forget to log out of it when you are done with your PDA for the day as your PDA logout does not log you out from Redwire, so others can see your tasks, create tasks under your name or cause general havoc - i.e. create a task called Kiss your ETL's ass under your name and assign the task to someone else to complete. Watch out for this people!

Last edited:
Hopefully they give us all more MC9200 PDA's which are MUCH quicker at handling the graphical based info on the PDA's. Otherwise web apps will result in TM's just getting more and more frustrated with a fractured PDA system. Kinda like back in the days when we had Network, Host, ISIS, and Workbench - you had to remember where in the hell the report you wanted was located!!!

And on that note, who else has the Redwire app??? The one used to assign tasks to individuals and allow leaders to follow up , create tasks, and delegate tasks to others with completion deadlines. It is VERY cumbersome to use, and to change task status you have to go through too many menus. Also, don't forget to log out of it when you are done with your PDA for the day as your PDA logout does not log you out from Redwire, so others can see your tasks, create tasks under your name or cause general havoc - i.e. create a task called Kiss your ETL's ass under your name and assign the task to someone else to complete. Watch out for this people!

Now who would do something like that?

Now who would do something like that?
*whistles innocently*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back