Archived Lead pay bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know please, HR told myself and the only other PG40 TL that the bump to PG45 didn’t include any money, just being in a higher pay grade?? And having the overall cap raised.

I asked specifically about the $17.75 base that is current in our district for PG45 and he said myself and the other TL will not be bumped that high.

Also tired of hearing ETLs telling me how much they made as a TL in 2008.
I was told there was no base pay increase for that as well. HR said they weren't sure and would have to find out.. that was 5 days ago, still haven’t been told shit

I was told there was no base pay increase for that as well. HR said they weren't sure and would have to find out.. that was 5 days ago, still haven’t been told shit
Told same thing that no increase from pg40 to 45. I was also told no pay increase when the team goes up to 13

If that’s true then that really sucks. I haven’t heard one way or the other at my store yet. That would mean they’re realistically eliminating pg45 and renaming pg40 lol. That’s effectively what they’re going to end up doing to 30 and 35 once the minimum goes up to $13

If that’s true then that really sucks. I haven’t heard one way or the other at my store yet. That would mean they’re realistically eliminating pg45 and renaming pg40 lol. That’s effectively what they’re going to end up doing to 30 and 35 once the minimum goes up to $13

Sounds like most people are hearing the same thing with a lot of idks from HR.

So far my only change has been adding another work center, SFS, to my plate and a larger portion of the store with no pay incentive other than the yearly review? Not cool.

If you are under the base pay for your paygrade, you will be brought up to the minimum pay for that paygrade when it all changes.

For what PG45 currently is, it’s MINIMUM pay is $17.75. You can’t be paid less than that if you are PG45. Your HR and leaders either don’t know what they’re talking about, or they’re trying to keep secrets to quash any discontent.

If you’re a TL and currently make $16, when your new job title takes effect, it will be PG45. Even if they don’t change that paygrades minimum pay, and leave it the same, you’ll be bumped to it’s minumum. Current PG45 minumum is $17.75. 99% probability anyone not making that will be bumped to that. The script they are reading to us is confusing and convoluted so I can see where the confusion is coming from but my takeaway from it was target is investing in its team and it also investing in its hourly leaders to keep competitive in the job market. They know we can leave to cashier at costco for $16.

Last edited:
Yeah that makes sense too. Probably going to $17.75 minimum because we are all PG45 soon. What they mean is it’s staying at $17.75 for now, not getting a bump to a $18.75 minimum. But why whenever you ask a question nobody in the store can ever answer it? And it seems to be this way at a lot of stores... I can’t stand my HR people :rolleyes: why are you here if you can’t answer anything ever

Yeah that makes sense too. Probably going to $17.75 minimum because we are all PG45 soon. What they mean is it’s staying at $17.75 for now, not getting a bump to a $18.75 minimum. But why whenever you ask a question nobody in the store can ever answer it? And it seems to be this way at a lot of stores... I can’t stand my HR people :rolleyes: why are you here if you can’t answer anything ever
This is where we get into ASANTS. Our PG30 base pay is $12, our PG45 base has been higher than $17.75 since the bump to $11.

Does anyone know what the cap is for PG35? And if you are capped, do you still need to get the highest review rating (DEO I think) in order to get a raise?

Does anyone know what the cap is for PG35? And if you are capped, do you still need to get the highest review rating (DEO I think) in order to get a raise?
If you are capped that means you make the most that is possible for that position, no more increases for you unless you promote. We have a tapped tm that is consistently given Outstanding/DEO reviews that she does NOT deserve because she is capped and might as well make her happy since it’s not costing a penny more for ANY review score for her.

Let me know please, HR told myself and the only other PG40 TL that the bump to PG45 didn’t include any money, just being in a higher pay grade?? And having the overall cap raised.

I asked specifically about the $17.75 base that is current in our district for PG45 and he said myself and the other TL will not be bumped that high.

Also tired of hearing ETLs telling me how much they made as a TL in 2008.
Am I reading this right ? 17.75 is the CAP NOT the MINIMUM?
I read 17.75 was the minimum and ALL TL would be raised to THAT unless they were already more for some reason. No additional for Sr.. Or key carrier.

when I read that it made me dissapointed in my review. Why give me a DIO, 16.50 to 17.00 as a review and then give me +. 75 to 17.75 for nothing.
May as well give me a DEO, 16.50-17.50, make me happy, and then give me +.25 to 17.75 for nothing.
I read the review as recognition for a good job or reprimand for not doing well enough.
I rather get a bump for perfect attendance than a base bump cause everyone else is.

If you are capped that means you make the most that is possible for that position, no more increases for you unless you promote. We have a tapped tm that is consistently given Outstanding/DEO reviews that she does NOT deserve because she is capped and might as well make her happy since it’s not costing a penny more for ANY review score for her.
I'm not sure if I'm capped or not. That's why I was wondering what the cap for PG35 is. I know in the past, if you were capped, you needed an excellent or outstanding to get an increase. Is that no longer true? If you are capped is there no hope for a raise?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm capped or not. That's why I was wondering what the cap for PG35 is. I know in the past, if you were capped, you needed an excellent or outstanding to get a increase. Is that no longer true? If you are capped is there no hope for a raise?
Since CAPPED means the MOST they will pay for THAT position, then yes, no hope of more.

Because otherwise a 25 year veteran cashier with great reviews every year would eventually be making more than an ETL.
Example: start at 13.00, get .50 raises every year for 25 years, there is no way a cashier would be paid 25. ! They must have a reasonable CAP so that NO cashier makes more than 18.00 because NO cashier is worth more than that !

We have 2 regular tm’s that make more than some of the team leads because they have received more raises. I know because I wrote a review for a tm that made more than me.

HOPE you ask ? PROMOTE I answer, And STAY, reach the ceiling (cap) for your position.

Since CAPPED means the MOST they will pay for THAT position, then yes, no hope of more.

Because otherwise a 25 year veteran cashier with great reviews every year would eventually be making more than an ETL.
Example: start at 13.00, get .50 raises every year for 25 years, there is no way a cashier would be paid 25. ! They must have a reasonable CAP so that NO cashier makes more than 18.00 because NO cashier is worth more than that !

We have 2 regular tm’s that make more than some of the team leads because they have received more raises. I know because I wrote a review for a tm that made more than me.

HOPE you ask ? PROMOTE I answer, And STAY, reach the ceiling (cap) for your position.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know when they changed the policy of still getting a raise if you were given a high review score?

Does anyone know what the cap is for PG35? If not I'll see if my HR has that info. Im just curious.

Very few people reach their cap, I can think of three. All had worked at spot over ten years and got GREAT reviews every year with the max % raise until they reached the cap for their position. NONE of them EVER received raises AFTER their caps were reached REGARDLESS of their review rating.
None obviously qualified for the grade bumps because they were already making over that.

I
f you are capped you can get a quarter raise if you get the highest review score. If a lesser score you get nothing. I’ve been capped many times.

I

f you are capped you can get a quarter raise if you get the highest review score. If a lesser score you get nothing. I’ve been capped many times.
Hmmm, I never saw that happen. Wrote a review for a capped tm a few years ago that got the highest rating at the time and she didn’t get an increase. May be store discretion ? HR answer ?

Am I reading this right ? 17.75 is the CAP NOT the MINIMUM?
I read 17.75 was the minimum and ALL TL would be raised to THAT unless they were already more for some reason. No additional for Sr.. Or key carrier.

when I read that it made me dissapointed in my review. Why give me a DIO, 16.50 to 17.00 as a review and then give me +. 75 to 17.75 for nothing.
May as well give me a DEO, 16.50-17.50, make me happy, and then give me +.25 to 17.75 for nothing.
I read the review as recognition for a good job or reprimand for not doing well enough.
I rather get a bump for perfect attendance than a base bump cause everyone else is.

In addition to my final answer from HR/STL, which was wait and see what the new minimum for PG45 will become, all caps are raised and I want to say they told us $28.

In addition to my final answer from HR/STL, which was wait and see what the new minimum for PG45 will become, all caps are raised and I want to say they told us $28.
Would spot surprise us and drop a $20 base for all team leads but no more base raises going forward? One can wish. Very doubtful but if they are serious about keeping great leaders around why not lock them up. If you liked it than you should've put a ring on it.

Would spot surprise us and drop a $20 base for all team leads but no more base raises going forward? One can wish. Very doubtful but if they are serious about keeping great leaders around why not lock them up. If you liked it than you should've put a ring on it.

If only. Or pay the ones worth it. Had a TL been with the company 10+ years ask me to come help find a DPCI for furniture bc it wasn’t on the 7x11. Spent the rest of the day trying not to focus on how much more money he makes than me lol

The $20 base will definitely be there but I guess it's gonna be next year when TM's are at 15. Hopefully target stays consistent and makes it 20.75 but I feel like even if they don't if you're not able to negotiate yourself 75 more cents you kinda suck at standing up for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back