Archived Lead pay bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are hiring new TLs at 17.75 assuming that is what it is going to in June.
I think you’re spot on. We had a TL start that is coded as a Sr. TL but doesn’t have and won’t be getting keys... yet I’m a PG40 base TL well under that and will be getting keys at the start of June.

One of our TMs though got promoted to SETL and was given $3.50 on top of his raise... and is under $17.75. So we think June will be when they bump us up to $17.75. They just didn’t want to have new hires go through the whole “here’s your pay for 4-6 weeks... and here is your pay after the initial 4-6 weeks.”

Just wondering if anyone has any new rustlings on this topic? I know more details at the end of the month but I figured since q2 strat is out something has to be floated out there.
My HR-ETL told me she still doesn’t have any info and that it’ll likely be another week or two before she hears anything. (If she knew she would have told me she can’t say but has the info.)

I told her “Not your fault, but I can’t understand why they were able to get TMs their info in a timely manner and why they can’t get TLs the info in somewhat a timely manner.” Then went on to say that I didn’t like the fact the brand new S&E TL is making more than me. And before she could say a word I told her “I don’t need confirmation, or really for you to say anything. But I know she was hired on at as a Sr. TL, and she isn’t getting keys, yet I am. So... yeah.” And walked out of her office.

Remember they could hirer someone on with experience pay also so someone could start at 18.75 or higher while you don't even make the future base yet. Target experience is not considered experienced
True story. When I got hired I made more than all but one TL in the store and more than all but one of the SrTLs.

I’m not bothered by the fact that none of the base increases discussed will affect me. I’m happy that others that are working hard will be getting paid more. If that attracts some new talent, also fantastic! I would be quite thrilled to not have to work around train wrecks.

No pay bumps for anyone in our store. "Cap" went up, paygrade number went up, but no increases, and newly hired TLs making substantially more than ones who'd been around.
Our closing TL was led to believe they were getting bumped to Sr Lead pay, then told "ooops, Sr Lead went away and everyone's a key carrier, so no raise..."

No pay bumps for anyone in our store. "Cap" went up, paygrade number went up, but no increases, and newly hired TLs making substantially more than ones who'd been around.
Our closing TL was led to believe they were getting bumped to Sr Lead pay, then told "ooops, Sr Lead went away and everyone's a key carrier, so no raise..."
So they are moving PG45 down to PG40 and calling it PG45? That doesn’t make a lick of sense.

I’m still under the impression if you are at PG40 now, and make less than current PG45, you’ll get bumped up to it. But it’s pure speculation.

So they are moving PG45 down to PG40 and calling it PG45? That doesn’t make a lick of sense.

I’m still under the impression if you are at PG40 now, and make less than current PG45, you’ll get bumped up to it. But it’s pure speculation.

I would hope so, but with the shady shit I saw them pull all through modernization, I completely lost hope that they'd do it.

I would hope so, but with the shady shit I saw them pull all through modernization, I completely lost hope that they'd do it.
Even with the PG30/35 conversion both got bumped up to $13 if you were below it. Yes, we could sit here and say that the people at PG35 making over $13 got “screwed over” - but everyone making more than the minimum was getting screwed over.

Until we hit $15, IMHO “performance based merit raises” are garbage. Because at the end of the day unless you get DEO every time, your “raise” will be overwritten by the pay increase. That includes us TLs.

No one seems to be sure yet at my store, STL left the HRBP a nice voicemail letting them know he’s days from losing some TLs if something doesn’t happen

No one seems to be sure yet at my store, STL left the HRBP a nice voicemail letting them know he’s days from losing some TLs if something doesn’t happen
I won’t be leaving, but I’ll sure as shit hand them back my key. I refuse to be responsible for the store as the lowest paid TL in my store.

I’m not even a key carrier in the new op model. In fact only two TLs in the store carry keys and the rest of us do not so.... 🤷🏽‍♂️

True story. When I got hired I made more than all but one TL in the store and more than all but one of the SrTLs.

That happens... more than people think. I had one job where I was hired by an attorney that I had worked with previously. We weren't pals or anything, but she hired me in at a higher salary than my immediate supervisor because she was familiar with my work product. It was uncomfortable, but you deal with it. Part of my supervisor's problem was that she worked her way up from clerical (low base wage) and didn't have a degree. She's done well for herself, she's now a department VP at the same company.

Been the closing Lead for the last month and I still don’t know what my pay will be starting June 1st. Spoke to HR and still nothing.
Back in April when this was rolling out, I was lead to believe that I’d get pay similar to what a Sr. TL used to make. But based from what I’m reading, I’ll be making the same pay as any other TL in the store.

How does it make sense to corporate to pay the closing lead, the one who has to close up cash office, lock up the store, set alarms and CLOSE for 5 days straight, the same amount as a TL who works in style as a mid

The silence on this issue is deafening. It makes me think nothing is actually changing than is in place now. I mean we are days away and not 1 person has even an idea or clue or anything about TL pay? Come on, like what are they gonna tell us to the end of 2020? Sorry still haven't heard anything yet...
I’ve seen the old pay charts still showing up as current on the HR site as recently as this week with my own eyes. Whoever knows what is going to happen is probably director-level as I’m hearing that the HRBP told my STL to hang tight for a few days

Does anyone know when the first pay check with the increase will be? I feel like this will be the only time we all know for sure what the pay will be.

I’m not even a key carrier in the new op model. In fact only two TLs in the store carry keys and the rest of us do not so.... 🤷🏽‍♂️

This bothered me a lot. Not every leader was forced to be a key carrier, but those of us chosen weren't allowed to refuse, and had it drilled into us that if we screwed up, we'd be fired. No excuses. No raise. About 4 minutes worth of training before being scheduled to close without even an AP TM or staff that worked until close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back