Archived Lead pay bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
PG40 (regular TL) is being eliminated. The theory is that all TLs will be bumped up to PG45 if they weren't already there, which should be $1.75 extra. My fingers are crossed. My STL reached out to the HRBP today to ask after I had some questions. I'm the only person in my entire store at PG40 lol.
Did your STL share an answer from the HRBP on this?

In 3 weeks ETLs HR will have more info
So they figured this stuff out for TMs but they can’t figure it out for TLs in a similar timeframe?

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit PO’d - this is a major issue that they should have had answers for by now.

So they figured this stuff out for TMs but they can’t figure it out for TLs in a similar timeframe?

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit PO’d - this is a major issue that they should have had answers for by now.
It’s a lot easier for TMs. There’s less at stake; they are easily replaced. They just flattened the paygrades, and set the pay. For TLs, they have the complications of negotiable and experience based pay, plus base pay rates for TLs vary by location independent of TM base pay. If the TLs leave, it’s going to cause more than some missing coverage.

Am I reading this right ? 17.75 is the CAP NOT the MINIMUM?
I read 17.75 was the minimum and ALL TL would be raised to THAT unless they were already more for some reason. No additional for Sr.. Or key carrier.

when I read that it made me dissapointed in my review. Why give me a DIO, 16.50 to 17.00 as a review and then give me +. 75 to 17.75 for nothing.
May as well give me a DEO, 16.50-17.50, make me happy, and then give me +.25 to 17.75 for nothing.
I read the review as recognition for a good job or reprimand for not doing well enough.
I rather get a bump for perfect attendance than a base bump cause everyone else is.
My HR said since Sr TL is going away, all TL's are the same, but there's an incentive pay for having keys....which to me sounds like not all TL' s are the same. Then, on my newest schedule it says Sr TL LOD!!! I'm so confused 😕
Side note: I was just promoted to Closing Lead and that's the first time I've been on schedule as such.

My HR said since Sr TL is going away, all TL's are the same, but there's an incentive pay for having keys....which to me sounds like not all TL' s are the same. Then, on my newest schedule it says Sr TL LOD!!! I'm so confused 😕
Side note: I was just promoted to Closing Lead and that's the first time I've been on schedule as such.
Closing TL is on the grid at SrTL LOD to indicate they aren’t part of a workcenter’s workload. Also they need to be keyed in like a Senior would have been as they have more higher access than TL to a lot of system things due to them being the highest ranking leader in the building for all of their shifts.

As for ‘incentive’ pay; seniors got an extra dollar for having keys and that being extra goes away. Current key holders won’t lose that dollar, though. Hopefully you’re in a position to negotiate your pay, and remind them that as closing TL you are exposed to the most risk by being responsible for securing the premises 5 nights a week, and being the only leader in the building and the accompanying breaks always being interrupted etc. Seen some cases on here where closing leads were able to secure a few dollars higher than PG45 base pay. Seen plenty at base pay too, though.

There's no extra pay for being a key carrier otherwise I'm gonna be pissed because that's what I was told

Closing TL is on the grid at SrTL LOD to indicate they aren’t part of a workcenter’s workload. Also they need to be keyed in like a Senior would have been as they have more higher access than TL to a lot of system things due to them being the highest ranking leader in the building for all of their shifts.

As for ‘incentive’ pay; seniors got an extra dollar for having keys and that being extra goes away. Current key holders won’t lose that dollar, though. Hopefully you’re in a position to negotiate your pay, and remind them that as closing TL you are exposed to the most risk by being responsible for securing the premises 5 nights a week, and being the only leader in the building and the accompanying breaks always being interrupted etc. Seen some cases on here where closing leads were able to secure a few dollars higher than PG45 base pay. Seen plenty at base pay too, though.
I am starting at 17.75 vs 16, and then going up to a little over 18 on may 5. Going from 12 as gsa, its a huge jump, I just don't want to find out I missed out on more $. I did ask for more, and my hr etl went to HRBP, but negotiating wasn't an option apparently.

I am starting at 17.75 vs 16, and then going up to a little over 18 on may 5. Going from 12 as gsa, its a huge jump, I just don't want to find out I missed out on more $. I did ask for more, and my hr etl went to HRBP, but negotiating wasn't an option apparently.
From what I’ve seen, the job codes should be available for HR to key people in under, and with closing lead being PG45, $17.75 is base for that paygrade so it does look like new TL roles pay will be at least that amount. Regarding negotiating not being an option; Yikes. Thanks for the data points. Another thing that can help us is the upcoming off-cycle pay increases that STLs will be able to give TLs similar to how they can for ETLs based on performance and workload. My STL was telling me not to worry too much because even if his hands are tied on my starting rate, they’d be able to utilize that.

There's no extra pay for being a key carrier otherwise I'm gonna be pissed because that's what I was told
From what I’ve seen, the job codes should be available for HR to key people in under, and with closing lead being PG45, $17.75 is base for that paygrade so it does look like new TL roles pay will be at least that amount. Regarding negotiating not being an option; Yikes. Thanks for the data points. Another thing that can help us is the upcoming off-cycle pay increases that STLs will be able to give TLs similar to how they can for ETLs based on performance and workload. My STL was telling me not to worry too much because even if his hands are tied on my starting rate, they’d be able to utilize that.
My STL really likes me and picked me for this, so I'm hoping once I'm trained and have some time to prove myself, I can get more! When are these off-cycle increases possible?

My STL really likes me and picked me for this, so I'm hoping once I'm trained and have some time to prove myself, I can get more! When are these off-cycle increases possible?
Details are still scarce, but when I find out, I’ll be posting about it.

The role is great for visibility, and I hear it’s the new stepping stone to ETL now that senior isn’t a thing, kind of like GSA was a great stepping stone to TL.

Did they explain why or how much your are going over 18 if this a bump in base or they just hooking you up? Why may 5th? As someone who is pg45 only making $16 I would love to know

Last edited:
I'm a relatively new TL that started at $16. I had my review, but given that they know I'm leaving in about a month or so I was not told my actual score, but my last paycheck showed $16.96, which leads me to believe that I received an ION, despite being given excellent feedback. I suspect with the new paygrades coming into play I'll see $17.75 or $18 for 2 weeks before I quit. I'll take the bump and won't argue for more before leaving for greener pastures.

I'm a relatively new TL that started at $16. I had my review, but given that they know I'm leaving in about a month or so I was not told my actual score, but my last paycheck showed $16.96, which leads me to believe that I received an ION, despite being given excellent feedback. I suspect with the new paygrades coming into play I'll see $17.75 or $18 for 2 weeks before I quit. I'll take the bump and won't argue for more before leaving for greener pastures.
You got a 6% raise. That’s the highest (DEO), not the lowest (ION).

Did they explain why or how much your are going over 18 if this a bump in base or they just hooking you up? Why may 5th? As someone who is pg45 only making $16 I would love to know
They said there was incentive pay for having keys, so that's why the starting rate was 17.75 vs 16.
I wasn't given a score, just told I'm getting 4% of my current $12 pay added to the 17.75. So 48 cents more, on my may 5. I'm not sure why may 5, since they first said june something.
I didn't get any feedback on performance, or expectations for the new role. They basically just told me who was what now, new roles, etc.

Last edited:
You’re PG45 and at $16? GM TL? Are you sure you aren’t keyed as salesfloor hardlines until the job codes all switch? In which case it would still be PG40 until then

Sounds like a dangled carrot!
I’ve seen this STL put their money where their mouth is. Plus they already know I’ve got standing offers I could take. As a GM TL moving into closing role, who has done specialty sales and GSTL and presentation, they’d be in quite a bind if I left on short notice.
I don't know I was told by STL and HR everyone is now pg45 but no paybump just ceiling bump. GM TL
that takes effect May 25th. I anticipate ‘No pay bump’ to mean ‘no extra raise for now being this higher paygrade’. I still believe they will be quietly increasing anyone under the base for the paygrade.

There isn’t a single person at my store at any level that would be willing to be closing TL for $16, or even $17.75, and the district had a hard time getting people to take the role overall. Should work to my advantage.

They said there was incentive pay for having keys, so that's why the starting rate was 17.75 vs 16.
I wasn't given a score, just told I'm getting 4% of my current $12 pay added to the 17.75. So 48 cents more, on my may 5. I'm not sure why may 5, since they first said june something.
I didn't get any feedback on performance, or expectations for the new role. They basically just told me who was what now, new roles, etc.
May 5th because that’s the effective date for TM reviews and your review was based on your time as a TM.

Last edited:
Man I am dying at what some of you guys are saying your pay is... especially after going through the CL TL thread... I'm lowkey salty af right now.

Not only did I not get a pay increase why I got my keys back in January when they promoted me to CL TL... but after my review and all the crap I have done for my store.. I am at roughly 16.75
Which mind you.. I became a TL when base pay was 14... so 2.75 isn't that awful I guess for 3 years of being a TL but... w/e I've stuck up for spot for so long... i'm almost over it.

Yeah I was going to add that I know TLs who have been with Target for about 12 years and TL for the last 7 and make ~$16.50, maybe less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back