Archived Lead pay bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The file was too large? So I had to find my laptop and try posting from there. Hopefully the new one is more viewable!

Last edited:
Old store's hiring new TLs that have any experience whatsoever (ie: not right out of high school) for $22/hr, while some of the existing leads are making only a few dollars over the TM starting wage of $12/hr. No pay bump.

E. I’m at a ULV and I believe the smallest store in our district.
That is the base for stores in my area. Sounds about right.

Although I thought experience pay wasn’t part of the equation anymore... guess not.

Just checked WorkDay, as a Closing Lead, I’m getting $17
I was looking in WorkDay and I could not find this information. I assume it is under the "Pay" icon. But I still couldn't find any current pay information, just copies of old pay stubs.

I was looking in WorkDay and I could not find this information. I assume it is under the "Pay" icon. But I still couldn't find any current pay information, just copies of old pay stubs.
It’s not under pay, it’s under compensation

I have been a TL for 3 years st Target and still get paid $16.56. Does it mean I would go to $17+1.50 or just $17?
It’s dependent on a few things but if you’re saying you’re under the $17, you’ll be put at $17.
Hypothetically even if you were at $16.98 through yearly raises, Target would only give you the extra $.02 so you could meet the meet the new pay grade of $17

I go in today at 2 I'll respond to this and let you know. I've been in role for 5 years.
Thank you so much! I have a GSTL who was just promoted and as of now she makes the same as me, even though I have been a GSTL for more than 3 years. It would be nice to have a little recognition haha. Thank you!!!!

It’s dependent on a few things but if you’re saying you’re under the $17, you’ll be put at $17.
Hypothetically even if you were at $16.98 through yearly raises, Target would only give you the extra $.02 so you could meet the meet the new pay grade of $17
I get that. But what about the .50 cents offered per year of experience? Would I get that?

I get that. But what about the .50 cents offered per year of experience? Would I get that?
I doubt it. I’ve been at Target for 9 years, TL for 5 of them, and I’m making the bare minimum of $17.00 despite getting DEO the last 2 years. I’ve basically been at the minimum my entire career and that will continue for the next couple of years. But if they didn’t do all these pay increases, I’d be making a lot less. I’ll take the extra money even if it isn’t fair at all.

If you are below the paygrade minimum you’d simply be bump up to $17.

I believe the years of experience values applies to years of experience in a leadership/management role and not specifically Target.

To add to my last comment, I negotiated and was offered far more than the minimum and I was completely new to Target but it was solely based on my years of experience in retail management.

They basically overmatched what I made in my previous job to get me in. Believe they had to get the approval from our district leader at the time.

I won’t disclose my pay but I can safely say that I make more money than some new Sr TL as a regular TL.

So I talked to my HR today and she basically told me that even though I have 3+ years of tl experience at Target it just counts if I was to leave and then come back. While I am at Target all the experience I acquired doesnt count towards this .50 cents per year of experience. It only counts for people hired from outside. Another way of Target showing that they don’t value people within.

So I talked to my HR today and she basically told me that even though I have 3+ years of tl experience at Target it just counts if I was to leave and then come back. While I am at Target all the experience I acquired doesnt count towards this .50 cents per year of experience. It only counts for people hired from outside. Another way of Target showing that they don’t value people within.
It's really dumb to pay someone from outside the company $2 more just because experience. No amount of experience will prepare them for modernization. Yet the lowest paid TL will deliver results because the have target experience. Don't forget you will probably have to train the new higher paid TLs also

Tell them you want to quit and reapply

It's really dumb to pay someone from outside the company $2 more just because experience. No amount of experience will prepare them for modernization. Yet the lowest paid TL will deliver results because the have target experience. Don't forget you will probably have to train the new higher paid TLs also
Exactly. I have been training GSTLs for the whole district since I started and all of them always made more than what I make. I am looking for another job. I will keep doing my best until I find somewhere else to go but I am done with Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back