Legal hour requirements for a team lead

I'm a team lead and have been told that I am required to work 40 hrs a week during 4th quarter. Is this a requirement that my leaders are legally allowed to do? I currently work 32 to fulfill full time, but under team lead status can they force us to work this many hours if we don't want to?

Yep, already know the holiday thing, been doing that for years and I'm fine with that.

I'm a team lead and have been told that I am required to work 40 hrs a week during 4th quarter. Is this a requirement that my leaders are legally allowed to do? I currently work 32 to fulfill full time, but under team lead status can they force us to work this many hours if we don't want to?
To be a TL you need to have open availability. So therefore they can schedule you 40h which you are obligated to work. Yes you can call out but just think how that would go for your next talk to etl or sd

Well, that's some hard shit to hear, but the answer I was looking for...ty

Lol they forced double Mandatory overtime on my dc last year meaning required minimum of two days overtime and that went for 5 months so we were required to work minimum 56 hours a week

Yes

Of course they can. Employment is At Will. Employers set the hours. If you don't like the hours you can find another job. From a legal standpoint it's that simple.

They can schedule you 60 hours a week too. You'd still have no legal option aside from quitting and finding another job.

You can be fired for ANY reason legally. Being let go for not adhering to the hours they wish you to work is absolutely legal.

Back