Archived Letting me go

Status
Not open for further replies.
After working for Target for 6 months in SFS, and being kept on after seasonal, I’ve been given the cut. LOD pulled me into TSC to tell me they have to let me go after my shift next Saturday, due to keeping too many seasonal TM’s. Quite the bummer.

No. It is like 155. It is 100% less than 6 months. Ask for your seasonal contract.

After working for Target for 6 months in SFS, and being kept on after seasonal, I’ve been given the cut. LOD pulled me into TSC to tell me they have to let me go after my shift next Saturday, due to keeping too many seasonal TM’s. Quite the bummer.
What?! No, that's terrible! I'm so sorry you got let go. I felt the same way after my last job did the same thing to me.

Just keep your head held high, knowing that you're not being fired for poor work skills, but rather due to an excessive roster.

Best of luck on finding a new job.
May you find something better!

No. It is like 155. It is 100% less than 6 months. Ask for your seasonal contract.
I’ve always been told 160 days so right around there. It’s in the seasonal paperwork as you said. It sucks but 100% within targets right.

Its very rare for Target to let go of people who are “working out”. They usually would switch you to a different work center. Did you have issues ? Attendance ,performance etc?

The fuck? How can they do that if you're over your 90?
I believe seasonal is considered 180 days max.
I’ve always been told 160 days so right around there. It’s in the seasonal paperwork as you said. It sucks but 100% within targets right.

The seasonal period can last up to 165 days.

Its very rare for Target to let go of people who are “working out”. They usually would switch you to a different work center. Did you have issues ? Attendance ,performance etc?
Nope. I never missed a day of work, nor was I ever late. Always got my job done well.

With the upcoming changes to job duties and hours, it doesn't surprise me at all that they'd take any opportunity to get rid of people without having to try and force them out in the upcoming months, sadly.
At least 90% of the team we kept from seasonal isn't going to work out in the new processes. Since we knew that going into it, it would have been nice if we'd been able to be open with those people... Then again, when we offered them jobs, I'm sure no one told them they'd be working 4-8 hours a week, either.

With the upcoming changes to job duties and hours, it doesn't surprise me at all that they'd take any opportunity to get rid of people without having to try and force them out in the upcoming months, sadly.
At least 90% of the team we kept from seasonal isn't going to work out in the new processes. Since we knew that going into it, it would have been nice if we'd been able to be open with those people... Then again, when we offered them jobs, I'm sure no one told them they'd be working 4-8 hours a week, either.

Are 4 hour shifts the way things are now for 'general merchandise' team members, or whatever flow is becoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back