Archived LoA Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitii

yeah
So for my next Japan trip I'll be getting a LoA again since I'll be out for 2ish weeks. The thing is, my ex is proposing that we stay longer to work. This honestly has so much of my interest since I want to live there eventually. So my question is, is there a specific LoA for like working out of the country or anything in general I should know? Is there a specific length of time a LoA can max out on? I'm not quite sure how to approach this to HR if we end up doing it and am kinda worried they'd deny it since I'm doing it to work outside of the country.

This sounds like a personal leave of absence, those max out at 120 days. If you were studying you could get an educational LOA which last up to 365 days.

If you don't decide to come back (totally fine) I would just suggest you call your store and let them know. So many team members I had to send a certified letter to warning them about termination because they went on LOA with no intention of ever coming back.

This sounds like a personal leave of absence, those max out at 120 days. If you were studying you could get an educational LOA which last up to 365 days.

If you don't decide to come back (totally fine) I would just suggest you call your store and let them know. So many team members I had to send a certified letter to warning them about termination because they went on LOA with no intention of ever coming back.
If getting a personal LoA do I need to tell them it's for working/vacation/whatever? I just got Extreme Paranoia of not having a job when I do come back. How early/what's the latest I could start talking to them about the LoA? I won't be going until August for the vacation but I still have a lot of research to do about schools/jobs to see if there's anything for me and I don't wanna accidentally wait too long to talk to them.

If getting a personal LoA do I need to tell them it's for working/vacation/whatever? I just got Extreme Paranoia of not having a job when I do come back. How early/what's the latest I could start talking to them about the LoA? I won't be going until August for the vacation but I still have a lot of research to do about schools/jobs to see if there's anything for me and I don't wanna accidentally wait too long to talk to them.

Being honest is good. I might even say it's educational just because you don't need proof and it's considered an acceptable reason for LOA.

When you get back will you be fired? Definitely not but you may not have it good with hours. We had a 35 hour electronics tm like yourself go on loa for a missions trip. Respectable but when he came back he was getting 2 shifts a week as we had to hire a replacement with him gone a whole summer.

Let your TL know now and stress you will be back and still want to be apart of the team. Once you finalize dates get the paperwork from HR to begin the process.

Again the only reason you can be termed on loa is if you don't respond to your store about your return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back