Archived LOA Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I am trying to take a LOA, my excuse was that I will be helping take care of a family member during the holidays. I was denied then given the number of hewitt to see if they will approve it. What will they need to approve it? or ask for?

I will not be spending the entire time helping the family member I was going to use the time to also look for a new job. Is there any trouble in this?

Thank you

Wow I hope they term you.

Way to mess it up for someone who might REALLY need to take care of a family member.

OK so I am trying to take a LOA, my excuse was that I will be helping take care of a family member during the holidays. I was denied then given the number of hewitt to see if they will approve it. What will they need to approve it? or ask for?

I will not be spending the entire time helping the family member I was going to use the time to also look for a new job. Is there any trouble in this?

Thank you

You will be termed if they find out, although it is unlikely in most cases. If you really want another job, you are better off grinning and bearing it and starting the job search NOW. Putting in apps isn't time consuming or hard as long as you make a simplified process out of it. If you really hate Target to the point where you just can't stand it another day, quit right away. I did, technically without a job lined up (I was in the interview process for one but there was always the chance I'd not get it however unlikely that is) and it worked out fine.

Also, Non retail companies don't care about you quitting without notice, at least not the ones I have dealt with. They usually ask "Why did you work there" and that's about it.

Wow I hope they term you.

Way to mess it up for someone who might REALLY need to take care of a family member.

It doesn't mess up anything for anyone. If anything other people that want more hours would get more hours. LOA is pretty much extended NPTO. Sure it's dishonest, but so are the majority of Targets dealings.

Reactions: Him
It's against company policy to take leave to try a new job, and while you'll more than likely get away with it, I find it very sad and wrong of you to try a new job under the guise of helping a family member, even though you will be doing it a part of the time. Just quit.

got a good laugh out of this thread. I like the posts that act like the original poster slapped the baby jesus lol. And I especially like the wisdom GlobalTargetTM dropped on us all...true true a majority of Target's dealings are dishonest. For kicks try asking an Executive "Tell me about a time you were honest and straightfoward in your dealings and you did right by the team members working below you." Lol lol lol be sure and rate their answer on a scale of one to ten. Back up your rating with examples of personal brand, posture, excitement, concision, and proper execution of the STAR format!

You will be termed if they find out, although it is unlikely in most cases. If you really want another job, you are better off grinning and bearing it and starting the job search NOW. Putting in apps isn't time consuming or hard as long as you make a simplified process out of it. If you really hate Target to the point where you just can't stand it another day, quit right away. I did, technically without a job lined up (I was in the interview process for one but there was always the chance I'd not get it however unlikely that is) and it worked out fine.

Also, Non retail companies don't care about you quitting without notice, at least not the ones I have dealt with. They usually ask "Why did you work there" and that's about it.

It doesn't mess up anything for anyone. If anything other people that want more hours would get more hours. LOA is pretty much extended NPTO. Sure it's dishonest, but so are the majority of Targets dealings.

If Target finds out he screwed them, it will make it harder for the next person to take an LOA for family reasons... Just saying its kinda messed up to lie about. Also, if you put Target down on your Employment History on apps, theres always the possibility Target could end up finding out.

...and ya wonder why they do that 'ethics' assessment ? maybe they should ask how many people LIE on it. lol

got a good laugh out of this thread. I like the posts that act like the original poster slapped the baby jesus lol. And I especially like the wisdom GlobalTargetTM dropped on us all...true true a majority of Target's dealings are dishonest. For kicks try asking an Executive "Tell me about a time you were honest and straightfoward in your dealings and you did right by the team members working below you." Lol lol lol be sure and rate their answer on a scale of one to ten. Back up your rating with examples of personal brand, posture, excitement, concision, and proper execution of the STAR format!

Well put (and funny too)
I have little use for people who use a benefit that set up to help those in need but I try not to judge too much since those of us on the bottom don't get too many tools to fight them on the top.

I can understand your desire to screw Target over, I truly do, but just take a week off and go put applications in.

I don't condone ethics violations, but I'm understanding when we all know what we are/were up against. It's part of looking at the big picture. I was lied too for a year about a variety of things. I watched as my inputs went on deaf ears. Sometimes I would suggest something, it would be turned down, someone else would suggest the same thing a short while later, and all of a sudden it they were like the coming of Christ. I was told I didn't communicate effectively, I was too direct, too blunt. What they really meant was "you aren't a cheerleader" At my new job it's been a 180. I speak and everyone listens, my boss asks for input and acts on it immediately. I don't have to ask a question and wait to get an answer. People actually care about doing a good job to the point of putting in overtime when it isn't mandatory and they aren't being paid for it.

Considering that is just my personal experience, and then all of yours, cheating Target with LOA doesn't seem like such a big deal does it.

If Target finds out he screwed them, it will make it harder for the next person to take an LOA for family reasons... Just saying its kinda messed up to lie about. Also, if you put Target down on your Employment History on apps, theres always the possibility Target could end up finding out.

If you put Target down on your employment list they WILL find out. They can see you are on LOA. If they don't connect the dots then the company really is far gone lol.

sdla4ever

**Troll warning has been issued for sdla4life**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back