Archived LOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesusa

TM
Hey guys so im pretty new to this and i just needed a place where people understand where im coming from.
Im also new to Target and has it ever happened to you that you're zoning and your LOD keeps pressuring you or constantly bugging you for "how long is it going to take to finish C-D block". Not even ten minutes into zoning i got called up to cashier because it was heavy and when i got back obviously i wasnt half way through the zone and the LOD kept coming to ask if i was going to be okay and i knew i could finish it. Anyways point is i ended up in the registers AGAIN because the LOD said it was heavy. I think she just wanted me out of the way due to her constant check up on my zone or im too slow, beats me but it kinda stinks. You guys ever have that or something similar happen to you?

No but I've been pressured to finish a full bin of pets and chem in under 5 minutes lol. I almost Stone Cold Stunnered a bitch.

I only push when the salesfloor is desperate which is almost everyday since they cut everyones hours. I think it's funny how Target puts itself in that position yet refuse to put the needed amount of people on the floor.

What you have to get used to is that no matter where you go, managers will always have unrealistic expectations. Sometimes someone who works with you will be a lot better at the job and that persons performance becomes the minimum expectation for your manager. Sometimes the manager just thinks you are not human. One time, I was asked how long it would take me to finish stocking groceries after the truck team put everything on the floor. I said an hour and the ETL said, "yeah, I'll five you 20 minutes". I took the hour lol.

Maybe you need to find a balance between doing it well and getting it done in a timely manner. I remember once when I first started and was zoning shoes and a TL came by to see how it was going and she told me I was doing too good a job and I should try to finish in the next thirty minutes. I finished in thirty minutes and it wasn't a super good zone, but it got done and that was all they seemed to care about. I'm not sure if this is an issue you're having with trying to make it look too good, but I know a lot of new people seem to have a hard time finding a good balance.

But beyond that a lot of leaders seem to have a very unrealistic expectations when it comes to getting things done in the timeframe they give.

Maybe you need to find a balance between doing it well and getting it done in a timely manner. I remember once when I first started and was zoning shoes and a TL came by to see how it was going and she told me I was doing too good a job and I should try to finish in the next thirty minutes. I finished in thirty minutes and it wasn't a super good zone, but it got done and that was all they seemed to care about. I'm not sure if this is an issue you're having with trying to make it look too good, but I know a lot of new people seem to have a hard time finding a good balance.

I always struggled with this when I was in hardlines. I had a tendency to superzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back