Archived Losing patience...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any advice on re-gaining patience in dealing with team members or other leaders in the building? Is it a matter of taking a deep breath, walking away, etc. What works best for you?

I know it's a stressful time of year for everyone but I'd like to get back to a better place as a leader in my store.

We have these little interview rooms in TSC. I sometimes spend my break in there if it's been a crazy day, it's a good place to decompress.

A good cry honestly does wonders, good way to release that pent up frustration

Unless you cry too hard and get sleepy instead

Yep...close tonight, open tomorrow...if I don't get some of this out, tomorrow is going to suck.

I work outside. So there is a lot of time for me to just walk places and decompose. Once I went to a nearby Fudruckers and sat down inside for my break.

I cry in the family restroom, I scoot down RTW next to the wall so no ome can see me. Last year at this time, i cried at least once a day. No phone training. I have had a few public crying jags since then, but I have improved. The mgmt staff at our store is nice, but i try very hard not to let it happen.
My Mom was nurse. She always used to say, A good cry gets rid of toxins in yr body. Maybe i just believe it bc she told me, but i swear it really works.
To anyone out there who is a crier, you are not alone! I am giving you a virtual hug and rnd rubbing yr back
Btw, all the criers i know are very nice people.

I hate my coworkers,I'm new so I get the kind of "He's probably not here for long" attitude,But to give me attitude and smirk or give me dirty looks when asking a question isn't going to help neither of us.

I usually just walk away and try to pace my breathing.

I usually take my breaks in solitude, and I'll keep my phone put away until I've had time to relax and calm down.

I'll go sit in the TL office area, conference room, whatever's open and empty. Obviously I move to the break room if it's needed, but the last thing I want to hear on my breaks are 15 team members yapping about how much they hate whatever they're saddled with doing on any given day. Our jobs are stressful enough without having to hear that; I have plenty of weekly routines I don't like doing, but I have to suck it up, get it done, and move on. Complaining won't help.

Taking advantage of those breaks is what usually gets me through.

Wine. Lots and lots of wine. And Xanax....of course, not WITH the wine ;)

Seriously, though....there are days when I just have to walk away. I'll go to the bathroom, Starbucks, FA, anywhere, just to get a few minutes away to compose myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back