Archived Lost Name Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
So I lost my name tag. Our STL is extremely picky and forces everyone to wear theirs when he works. Can I get a new one or am I SOL? Other people in my store just wear the paper ones.

If your name is super common, they may have one on hand that they can just give you, too. Seen that happen a couple times!

Hit up your HR. We have temporary paper ones, takes about a week for a real one to show up once ordered.

If I really like you I will take an old one from a termed TM and make you a temporary hard one using a label maker to cover where their name was.

We have a pile of random name tags and new team member tags at the TMSC desk. TMs usually just wear someone else's name until their new tag arrives or they find the missing one.

So I lost my name tag. Our STL is extremely picky and forces everyone to wear theirs when he works. Can I get a new one or am I SOL? Other people in my store just wear the paper ones.
Your STL isn't being "picky" and forcing anyone to wear their name tags. He is just enforcing the rules. If you are on the clock and in the store you are required to wear your name tag. And, it has to be clearly visible, not covered by another piece of clothing. It sounds like your STL needs to speak to the other ETLs and TLs so that they start enforcing the name tag requirement, too. AP, of course, is exempted from this if they are working in plain clothes, and, this time a year, if TMs are working SFS in street clothes to cut down on Guests stopping them to ask for help they may be allowed not to wear the name tag.

Am I the only one that thinks the sticker name tags are.....tacky?

I see them at some other stores I'm sent to work at. At my home store our HR orders the name tags with "New Team Member" on them for people to use until their own name tag comes in. I think they look more professional honestly.

I see them at some other stores I'm sent to work at. At my home store our HR orders the name tags with "New Team Member" on them for people to use until their own name tag comes in. I think they look more professional honestly.

The stickers are ugly but you get in trouble at my store if you wear a name tag that isnt your name.

Existing TMs who simply forgot theirs seem to hate the "New Team Member" one, possibly because of how guest treat you when you wear one ("Nevermind let me ask someone who knows what they are doing). Whenever I offer it to TMs who forgot their name tag they look at me like I kicked their dog.

Last edited:
Whenever I forget my name tag I'll use our sbtl extra name tag. I'm 6'3 275lbs man who looks like I could snap you in two and wear her name tag that says ashley. It's great when you're etl tells a new team member to ask you something so they walk passed you then walks up to you and you have this conversation
Tm: Excuse me but have you seen Cart king?
Me: yes, how can I help you?
TM: (looks at name tag) ok, Ashley the stl wanted me to ask Cart king a question.
Me: ok I'm Cart king what do you need to know
I think by doing this I've confused multiple new hires. It's also fun when I'm the cart attendant and have to check the bathrooms. I think they want to ask if I'm transgender.

We had like 20 ordered that say "In Training" for new team members. We also have like 30 blank ones that people just use a label printer to write their names for.

I lose my original nametag sometime last year. My current one has the name yousef on it with my name printed out and stuck over it lol. Never got around to getting a new one

Whenever I forget my name tag I'll use our sbtl extra name tag. I'm 6'3 275lbs man who looks like I could snap you in two and wear her name tag that says ashley. It's great when you're etl tells a new team member to ask you something so they walk passed you then walks up to you and you have this conversation
TM: (looks at name tag) ok, Ashley the stl wanted me to ask Cart king a question.
I think by doing this I've confused multiple new hires. It's also fun when I'm the cart attendant and have to check the bathrooms. I think they want to ask if I'm transgender.
Reminds me of a guy at my other workplace years ago.
Big beefy guy named Kim who worked in receiving.
Nobody EVER made fun of him.
Nobody.

I have a bunch of them. One is even my custom license plate which is short hand for something and is not easily pronounced. So its hysterical as people try to sound it out. We had an HRTM with a awesome sense of humor so when she figured out what my plate said she ordered a name tag cause it fits me.

I keep one in all the cars, in coats and my TL's desk drawer so I am never far from one if I forget.

I have lost mine or rather washed mine so many times I have lost count. I miss the pin kind because I lose the backing alot:/

Guys, Do you think my STL will approve ? :p
2128.jpg

The Stores in My District don't uses the "New Team Member" name badges. DM does not like them. instead all new team members get an old name badge with there name put on it via a label maker.

"New Team Member" defeats the purpose of having name tags to identify people. And are the rest of us "Old Team Members?"

The only logical thing is to have blanks available so name labels can be attached until the person is there long enough to receive an official permanent tag. You turn in the blank when you pick up your new tag.

Ashley is a traditional name up here in new England. The one I know is a retired marine...he goes by "butch". Amy is another you hear a lot for men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back