Archived Major issues with the pfresh order today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, the entirety of our Fresh Express and Taylor Farms salads, all of our chicken, and all of our beef came up as not store orderable, when they were definitely store orderable on Monday. It probably totaled out to about 20-30 DPCI's that were affected. Did anyone run into this problem? The weekend should be fun with nothing in stock...

Our entire store is out of the loop then! We're out of an STL right now, and the ETL who oversees PFresh didn't have any idea either. I was so close to entering full blown panic mode, you have no idea! Now, since these things are now HQ replenished, do we still TPC (and coupon meat) like usual? I've been under the impression so far that we only TPC in Pfresh the things that we order.

I haven't heard about any of this! I would be clueless without you guys!

Ya I found out about this AFTER I did everything I could to correct it. The email was sent last tuesday and on THIS tuesday is when everything started and I only found out because my STL told me there was an email and printed it up for me AFTER I had done everything I could to fix the "problem" of not being able to order 3 different Depratment/Classes

there are 40 less items to order now, our consumables TL told us this about a week ago. They want us to have more time to interact with the guest, lol. You mean more time unlaoding the truck, since the truck doesn't get done on a good day until 10 - 12 hours after arriving. IF items do not come in either you or your TL will have to my support thoses items. I like the idea but I am afraid we will not get enough Jennie-O ground turkey, our guest luve their ground turkey or not enough of the right bagged salads, they also luve their baby spinach.

For meat: we now only order "Sutton & Dodge" and the pork.
For Produce: all apples, oranges, berries, (all the Fruits), head lettece, both Romaines, celery, cilantro.

The whole order process took me 15 minutes on Tuesday.
I work late today, Thursday ..... so should be interesting to see what we really get in.

Last edited:
Continue to TPC and coupon as usual...Im a CTL and received the email over a week ago, shared with my PAs immediately.

The email that I saw said not to TPC any of the HQ ordered items as it would influence the forecasts for next year. I'm still waiting on a mysupport answer (doubt it will be helpful) on the coupons.

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. Your OHs will have to be 100% all the time on those items or your fresh market is going to look bad. You can't leave waiting to be QMOS'd product sitting around very long either. If you don't scan anything else, scan those department/classes daily! You can no longer account for bad data on those items when doing your order. And from what I read you should no longer TPC those items unless directed by HQ. Still coupon though. I just wonder how they're going to know when you need to order stuff to be instock for shortdated product.

Yeah do not like this process. We got almost NO meat today and the bagged salad order was way off. Ugh. Dislike these changes. A lot.

only got 7 boxes of meat today. NO jennie-o-turkey, no split chicken breast, and bagged salad was very light. No clementines, no oranges, very little grapes.
Only the Apples and bananas were spot on, all the rest will be empty come friday early afternoon.

We have lots of ground meat 1 lbs. out already.

When Saturday's truck arrives, if it has the correct meat and produce it will not be pushed till way way late of Saturday around 2 or 3 PM, leaving lots of guest upset.

Thanks Target for the new order system .

Last edited:
More time for the "guests." yeah, right. More like more unnecessary micromanagement. The leaders in the store would know what's best I would think, since they're actually there.

and if we qmos 2 boxes of bagged romaine that just came in on the truck, how will it be able to come in on the next truck without being able to order it ???

same with meat, if we have to qmos a whole boxe of ground meat, becasue a B/R TM put it on the metro wrong, then that meat will not be coming on the next truck, maybe the following truck.

Soooo it looks like a lot of outs for awhile until they figure the whole thing and go back to before October 29th. ordering process.

and if we qmos 2 boxes of bagged romaine that just came in on the truck, how will it be able to come in on the next truck without being able to order it ???

same with meat, if we have to qmos a whole boxe of ground meat, becasue a B/R TM put it on the metro wrong, then that meat will not be coming on the next truck, maybe the following truck.

Soooo it looks like a lot of outs for awhile until they figure the whole thing and go back to before October 29th. ordering process.

Exactly. Our B/R TMs sometimes get on a streak of not remembering how the meat metro should go (despite it being labeled) and we have to qmos a whole bunch. Or in general just dates on product. Are they going to know that 90% of one of our bagged salads is about to expire? Probably not. So we won't get it in and it will be empty. Honestly doing the order was one of the times I spent the MOST time with guests because it required me to stay in the main pfresh area and not in the back room doing other tasks.

only got 7 boxes of meat today. NO jennie-o-turkey, no split chicken breast, and bagged salad was very light. No clementines, no oranges, very little grapes.
Only the Apples and bananas were spot on, all the rest will be empty come friday early afternoon.

We have lots of ground meat 1 lbs. out already.

When Saturday's truck arrives, if it has the correct meat and produce it will not be pushed till way way late of Saturday around 2 or 3 PM, leaving lots of guest upset.

Thanks Traget for the new order system .

You should still be ordering fruit. The only thing you don't scan is fresh poultry, ground beef, bagged salads, and garlic. Oranges and clementines should've been ordered.

I'm very nervous to come in to work tonight and see what our truck was today... The only kind of beef they sent us Wednesday was 75/25, and we were already out of everything else on the floor. They didn't even send 95/5, 85/15, or 80/20, so the extra cases of 75/25 went straight to flexing over the empty spots... we had nothing extra to go to the backroom. I don't think we got much chicken at all, and what we already had in the backroom was going to expire by tomorrow. These are all things that I can guarantee HQ isn't going to account for when they replenish these items. Logistics for food works a lot differently than the GM side of the store, because on-hands don't tell the whole story for food. Yes, we may have 5 cases of ground beef and the forecast only calls for us to sell 2 of those, but if 4 of those cases are going to expire the day after our delivery, and we're only left with 1 case for a 2 case forecast, then we have outs and angry guests. It's bad enough my LODs who don't understand PFresh go in and jack up the order, and now we have to fight with HQ too. And like Doxie said, ordering is really the only time of the day I have to interact with guests, if that's what they want so badly. We're a very new PFresh as well so this isn't going to bode well for their 1 month/3 chances research either... This just continues to confirm my suspicion that there is not a single person in corporate who has spent more than 5 minutes at a time in a store.

Im looking forward to worse market scores now and then being blamed for instocks even though they keep taking more and more over for autoshipments and out of our hands. Our meat section that went autoship allready looks bad and this just started. And dont even get me started on items that get cut. It seems that more than 50% of the time when an item is on AD it is cut at some point on one of our trucks.

As for "saving time" by switching over. How much time is this REALLY saving? I would say those departments total take me MAYBE 10 minutes at most. So saving 10 minutes of time is worth more than having the floor actually full and having the correct ammount of product on hand. Go figure :huh:

Last edited:
Even less time savings when you factor in sales lost to couponing & eventual QMOS.
Where's THAT metric gonna show up?

Even less time savings when you factor in sales lost to couponing & eventual QMOS.
Where's THAT metric gonna show up?

There are a few things where the only time we sell them is when they're on TPC and/or couponed... mainly the ground chicken and turkey. I thought the entire point of TPCing and couponing was to make one last effort to make be profitable, even if it's marginal, before taking the hit in QMOS. Makes sense after all of this $1.64 nonsense to make up for the deficit, right?

On our last truck we got 2 cases of bagged Collard Greens. We typically only need to order 1 case every other order day and we still end up QMOSing 8 out of the 8 in the case pack. We can't even give those away, yet they're doubling our stock on them?

I'm trying think of ways to work around this. Today I ran an idea by my ETL LOG about having us research outs and lows on these items on order days and maybe even the day before/after as well. Instocks does their research in PFresh on Tuesday. I'm wondering if by shooting these outs on order days if it would almost be like "ordering" the item that way? Wouldn't it trigger a need for replenishment from HQ just as if it were laundry detergent or something else?

Those items should be getting researched every day anyway. Although to be fair, my store only scans PFresh on non truck days because FDC comes the night before and is rarely worked out before 11am the next day.

I don't think we've ever researched beyond what instocks does, unless we know it's a true out. Our instocks TL basically told us we're not allowed to because he doesn't want us to hurt the scans with locs score, especially on the bakery table. I would also like to note that nearly everything that became HQ replenished that came in on Friday's truck was gone by the time I left today. It's very possible that I will come in tomorrow and will have a half empty meat section. Great job, Target. Guess I'll be using all of this "extra" time to vibe with our angry guests about why we don't have anything to sell them.

a lot of our guest told me today that they will be going back to that high priced grocery store down the street, because they always have a full shelf of meat and never run out of bagged salads.

Target we a losing money and guest fast !!

Last edited:
I'd like to think that the expiration date of the stuff the DC picks and sends to a store is somehow encoded in the data. Then HQ knows how much we should have gotten and assumes a FIFO inventory system where it keeps track of what sold and subtracts that from the nearest exp date that they knew they sent. Any QMOS would also come from there too. Of course, I know this isn't the case. However, I do have to say that our instocks have remained surprisingly good this weekend; although, we did just work out the truck this morning. That may have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back