Archived Manufacture Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all my fellow Gstls, what do you tell a guest when a manufacture coupon is not eligible for their items but they insist it is? Also what could be the reasons a coupon doesn't apply?

Tell them the system isn't accepting it and there is no way for you to override it (because usually there isn't). Sometimes I show them the screen with the big red box if they aren't believing me. If the option is available, I usually do "accept anyway" because it's $1 or less and not worth getting the guest worked up.

Reasons:
1. Product is different than the coupon
2. Coupon is expired
3. Target doesn't allow coupons from that vendor/manufacturer

Last edited:
We still have to accept them. I don't get why they spent the time and money on a system that rejects so many coupons only to tell us to accept them anyway.

Its because a lot of the ones being denied were manipulated by other people in the past to make coupons for items that they dont apply for.

Look at the coupon and see if it matches the item. If not, explain that to the guest.

Sometimes my Etl Ge tells me to take them since it is valid when they look at the coupon. I was wondering if we are overlooking something.

I mean that I don't understand why we updated to a system that says we can't accept the coupons please return them to the guests if we are going to accept them anyway.

I mean that I don't understand why we updated to a system that says we can't accept the coupons please return them to the guests if we are going to accept them anyway.
At my store if the POS says no and there’s no accept anyway we deny, unless it’s like 50 cents and obviously valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back