Masks optional

As far as masks go, corporate will fall into line with whatever each individual state or city mandates are in place. It will not be a one sized fits all policy, because some states are more resistant to lifting the mandates than others. Republican states have a much greater chance to lose the mask than Democratic ones.

Just curious, how did you go about bringing the issue up to your store manager? I've heard some horror stories about leadership retaliating if a team member reports something, whether it's to OSHA or calling the hotline.

As to who is going to fine them, I have no idea. My conversations with them were quick and they moved on to whatever else they needed to tend to after the conversation ended.
I had a pretty open and straight forward relationship with my store manager. I was very fortunate in that. One thing she never tolerated was management treating team members unfairly. I simply spoke up

I had a pretty open and straight forward relationship with my store manager. I was very fortunate in that. One thing she never tolerated was management treating team members unfairly. I simply spoke up
I wish I had management like that at my old store. The SD was pretty understanding and easy to talk to but I really didn't trust or like my ETL-SE or ETL-HR. It seemed like my ETL-SE enjoyed going on power trips at the expense of team members.

I'll keep masking until case rates in my area come down quite a bit. Just read an article where several infectious disease experts were interviewed and their one criterion was a low case rate in their area - it varied some, but I think the highest was 10 cases per 100,000 persons. My area is about twice that. I've come to think of it like a seat belt or a bike helmet - not a big deal, a minor inconvenience or discomfort (wearing even a well-ventilated bike helmet while cycling on a hot day is not as comfortable as going helmet-free), keeping me safe in the event of an unlikely mishap.

Same.
My area is still in stage 4 so I'll keep masking until it goes down.
Too many medically fragile folks in my family to risk & I'll save my fight for things more significant.

i dont even know what my area is but im taking mine off lol and before you say what about anyone at home, my dad is 61 unvaxxed with copd, he doesnt want the shots and he goes maskless everywhere so it dont matter what i do lol

Back