Archived Mass Exodus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in the last 2 or so months my store has lost 6 TLs, all of whom quit. Has anyone else experienced this recently? It's getting a little crazy. It's getting hard to keep up with who's in charge of what and I don't even know half the new TL's names. Unfortunately a couple of them are transplants from stores with bad habits and they're rubbing off on some of our more impressionable (*cough*lazy*cough*) TMs.

we had this streak where we had like 8 backroom tl's in a year's time. It was kind of funny how bad the backroom got at our store.

So, in the last 2 or so months my store has lost 6 TLs, all of whom quit. Has anyone else experienced this recently? It's getting a little crazy. It's getting hard to keep up with who's in charge of what and I don't even know half the new TL's names. Unfortunately a couple of them are transplants from stores with bad habits and they're rubbing off on some of our more impressionable (*cough*lazy*cough*) TMs.

Not at my store. I was the last team leader to step down and I did this last March. So it has been close to a year and all other team leads have stayed put.

My store has traditionally kept its TLs, and, TMs for that matter. Very little turnover. There are at least six team leads who have been at my store since it opened 11 years ago.

My ETL's and TL's are constantly in transition. I can understand how confusing it can be with your leadership constantly shifting. In the last 6 months, I've had one new STL, 2 new ETL-HRs, 2 ETL-Logisitcs, 1 AP, and at least 6 new TL's.

Making matters worse, instead of just hiring new or promoting, they are combining workcenters. My Plano TL has now just taken on Pricing TL since our TL left a few months ago. It was just temporary in the beginning, but now it's become permanent.

Not at my store. I was the last team leader to step down and I did this last March. So it has been close to a year and all other team leads have stayed put.

My store has traditionally kept its TLs, and, TMs for that matter. Very little turnover. There are at least six team leads who have been at my store since it opened 11 years ago.

Three of the TLs who quit had been with the store for over 10 years. I'm just a lowly TM so I wonder what's going on higher up that I don't know about, but I feel like it's got to be something.

we had this streak where we had like 8 backroom tl's in a year's time. It was kind of funny how bad the backroom got at our store.

Dude we're getting there! My area keeps switching up Management left and right. Click on ANY of the TL's or ETL's Facebook's and you'll find they're mutually friends with the person before and after them. It's really odd.

Dude we're getting there! My area keeps switching up Management left and right. Click on ANY of the TL's or ETL's Facebook's and you'll find they're mutually friends with the person before and after them. It's really odd.

I was giving support help to a store that's remodeling, and I saw this guy who I'm guessing was atleast a srtl, but more likely an stl, and he looked like he was my old stl's brother. I realize i'm assuming, but I swear these guys are related.

Which makes me think that all the etl hires aren't actually just horrible hr decisions, there's probably some extreme nepotism going on with the economy and job market right now.

I was giving support help to a store that's remodeling, and I saw this guy who I'm guessing was atleast a srtl, but more likely an stl, and he looked like he was my old stl's brother. I realize i'm assuming, but I swear these guys are related.

Which makes me think that all the etl hires aren't actually just horrible hr decisions, there's probably some extreme nepotism going on with the economy and job market right now.

You probably did see his bro. :D

I say it's about half and half. Let's just say I haven't met/seen a "new" manager at Target in a awhile. I guess because Target doesn't hold as many stores in states such as Wally. So you're bound to see tons of ship jumpers and familiar faces.

Three of the TLs who quit had been with the store for over 10 years. I'm just a lowly TM so I wonder what's going on higher up that I don't know about, but I feel like it's got to be something.

My store is the same way... however, the leaders that have been leaving are ones I would have considered the bottom 10%... Its just surprising to me that the TLs have just been catching on quickly and finding other jobs so quickly before the ETLs do any performance management on them!

Pretty much how my store is. We've got 4 TLs that have been around for 10+ years, another 4 who've been around for about 5 years, and then myself and another who've been around for less than a year, but we both have previous experience (external). Our ETLs aren't quite as experienced, but they're not fresh by any means, aside from one which is absolutely ancient (relative to the others).

Unfortunately a couple of them are transplants from stores with bad habits and they're rubbing off on some of our more impressionable (*cough*lazy*cough*) TMs.

Ugh, this. We've had some turnover in the last year or so, but not anything huge. What irks me is that they'll interview a bunch of people for promotions or new positions and 99% of the time go with an outside hire or transfers. It's like none of the team members in our store are "good enough" to be considered for TL or even GSA. A few have been okay, but there are a few that really get on my nerves or don't know what they're doing. :(

We don't have a thread about promotional opportunities going to outside hires, do we?

Only three ETLs at my store (not including ETLs-Rx) were in their current positions when I was hired about 16 months ago. One of them has been there since our store opened. To my knowledge, only one has left Target on bad terms (she got fired). The others either transferred or simply changed positions within the store, and our previous STL retired last summer. Yes, you read that correctly; she didn't quit, she retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back