Archived Maternity leave questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I'll be 11yrs too in Nov! I'm having the baby in 1st week of dec but planning to take short term disability in the 1st week of October. Planning to return 1st week of January and hoping to get 8 weeks paid out of the 3 months from not working.

You are a brave woman attempting to go back to work 4 weeks after delivery. Kudos to you! I could still barely sit or stand up without pain at that point with my first.

Are you having family watch the baby when you return to work? Daycares cannot typically accept babies younger than 6 weeks old. Something to think about if you don't have anything lined up yet.

You are a brave woman attempting to go back to work 4 weeks after delivery. Kudos to you! I could still barely sit or stand up without pain at that point with my first.

Are you having family watch the baby when you return to work? Daycares cannot typically accept babies younger than 6 weeks old. Something to think about if you don't have anything lined up yet.
Yes I have my mom watch the baby thanks to her. Im just hoping I will have a normal delivery just like my first one, believe me, I was out the hospital after a day of my delivery and walked to the car, no wheelchair. I was in pain but it was tolerable. As per doctor said in have long pain tolerance. So I'm assuming I'll be totally fine after 4 weeks of delivery.

Yes I have my mom watch the baby thanks to her. Im just hoping I will have a normal delivery just like my first one, believe me, I was out the hospital after a day of my delivery and walked to the car, no wheelchair. I was in pain but it was tolerable. As per doctor said in have long pain tolerance. So I'm assuming I'll be totally fine after 4 weeks of delivery.

I had a similar experience with my second baby. Went home the day after and didn't needs any meds for pain. But recovery with my first was a bit challenging. I blame it on the epidural I had. Second baby was so quick I had to do it natural, and I felt so fantastic, even just 20 minutes after he was born.

The last mom to give birth at my store was scheduled her last day on Saturday, with the baby due the following week. She went home the Friday before, and ended up having her baby that night. Talk about working right up to the end.

The last mom to give birth at my store was scheduled her last day on Saturday, with the baby due the following week. She went home the Friday before, and ended up having her baby that night. Talk about working right up to the end.
Yeah... I'm trying to avoid that lol. I'd like at least a week to just relax. That's dedication, though.

I'm due in late September but going to have a planned csection. I honestly don't see myself working past Late July-early August due to my chronic pain issues. My pain management doctor was surprised I was still working.
Does anyone know if I go out before baby is delivered will I still get paid for whatever time it is post baby for C-section?

I did short term disability last August for my last back surgery but it was only 60% then and it's completely different now plus the intormation isn't that great that I can find thru EHR (don't have target insurance - maybe there is more info thru them?).

Thanks!

I'm due in late September but going to have a planned csection. I honestly don't see myself working past Late July-early August due to my chronic pain issues. My pain management doctor was surprised I was still working.
Does anyone know if I go out before baby is delivered will I still get paid for whatever time it is post baby for C-section?

I did short term disability last August for my last back surgery but it was only 60% then and it's completely different now plus the intormation isn't that great that I can find thru EHR (don't have target insurance - maybe there is more info thru them?).

Thanks!
https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/maternity-leave-questions.19137/#post-432786

Thanks!
I just called them back today since I'm 30 days out from my due date and the guy told me that you can start your claim at any time. If you start your LoA two weeks earlier than your scheduled due date (or csection), I believe that counts toward the eight weeks. You're still protected under FMLA, though. Then you can use whatever vacation/ph time you have saved up. I think it's possible to start your leave before then without using the STD, you either just don't get paid or use your vacation time. Just tell them when you want to start getting paid if not on your due date.

And I don't know if this is within the 16 weeks of FMLA time, I forgot to clarify (I will when my case worker calls back in a couple of days), but the guy I spoke to also told me Target offers an additional four weeks, but there is no guarantee that my current position would still be available, they just can't deduct my pay and have to offer me a similar position.

My HR left (like gone to a different store) and I rarely ever see the STL to ask but when the benefits people put in my LoA request, does it automatically prompt our scheduling system to not schedule you?

My HR left (like gone to a different store) and I rarely ever see the STL to ask but when the benefits people put in my LoA request, does it automatically prompt our scheduling system to not schedule you?

Once your LOA request is approved and processed by the Leave & Disability Team, both your schedule and time card become locked. No one at your store can officially schedule you using MyTime until you return from leave. There is also a little note/tag/phrase that appears next to your name that lets us know that you are not currently an active TM who can be scheduled. HR also receives an e-mail about your LOA.

Last edited:
Once your LOA request is approved and processed by the Leave & Disability Team, both your schedule and time card become locked. No one at your store can officially schedule you using MyTime until you return from leave. There is also a little note/tag/phrase that appears next to your name that lets us know that you are not currently an active TM who can be scheduled. HR also receives an e-mail about your LOA.
Hopefully HR sees the email. Like I said, our ETL-HR recently left our store (although they were aware of everything, they left before I even spoke to the benefits people and put in my LoA request) and who they left in charge is just... yeah. Our STL is supposed to be taking over until our new HR person comes in, but I hardly see them unless I'm closing with them, which isn't that often.

I'm sure the STL has seen the email, though, or will if it's not gone out yet. I only put in the request on Friday and sent the benefits people back what they needed last night.

Last edited:
So... evidently, either the pay and benefits people screwed up or HR never got an email, or never checked for one, about me going on leave (I have told several people, including LoDs, who were supposed to pass the info to HR since I don’t work the hours they do) because I got scheduled the week I was supposed to start.

My case worker called me back yesterday and told me, because I asked specifically about this, that I should not be scheduled from when my leave date was supposed to start onward. They sent out the email to HR the day I filed the claim, to both HR and the STL. But something happened, I guess? I called them back, them being pay and benefits, this morning and the gentleman told me the same thing. And that he would send another email out. It’s just frustrating.

Last edited:
@HRLady have you seen this happen before?

Yes, our store just removes or replaces the shifts if we scheduled anyone by accident.

Try talking to the STL or HR in person. Go to the store when they are there.

You could also try e-mailing them. Since you have no ETL HR at the moment, you can e-mail your HRTM instead at T####.HR2@target.com. Replace the #### with your 4-digit store number. I believe T####.STL@target.com is for the STL. Let them know your situation.

Yes, our store just removes or replaces the shifts if we scheduled anyone by accident.

You could also try e-mailing them. Since you have no ETL HR at the moment, you can e-mail your HRTM instead at T####.HR2@target.com. Replace the #### with your 4-digit store number. I believe T####.STL@target.com is for the STL. Let them know your situation.
I’ll do that! The benefits people did send an email out the day I requested the LoA but no one saw it, I guess. Our HR team member is a slacker and I think my STL is just overwhelmed with all of HR’s workload, so it could have been lost in the shuffle.

I did let my TL know about the mistake and they didn’t think to replace me with anyone while I was out. Which is poor planning on their part, but whatever. I plan on taking to my LOD again before I leave today, just to make triple sure everything is set.

What is the email addy for the HR ETL? I was scheduled outside of my availability and brought it to hupis attention, but ut hasn't been changed in the system yet. I don't plan working those hours so an email reminder might be the way to go.

What is the email addy for the HR ETL? I was scheduled outside of my availability and brought it to hupis attention, but ut hasn't been changed in the system yet. I don't plan working those hours so an email reminder might be the way to go.
Talk to your tl or Etl. They fix it for you.

Writing here again... does Reed Group pay out your vacation time or does that go through your store? My six weeks is up and my case worker called a while ago and I told her that I wanted to use up my vacation time for an extra two weeks, so she put it in the system. However, when looking at my recent pay stub, it says “sick 100%” and the dates that ran through, which ended before the pay period did. But no vacation time has been used which is leaving my check a little short. I go back to work the first week of September, but I don’t want to be without pay in the meantime. So I’m confused.

Last edited:
Vacation should go through your store. I don't think Reed would have access to that. Call your HRTM, and ask her to key the time for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back