Archived Mental Health

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that through our benefits we have access to over the phone counseling. I'm curious if anyone has had experience with this and if you thought the service provided was worth the call. I'm also curious what other avenues are available to us for mental health counseling through our benefits. I have a HSA plan.

Lately, I've been feeling mildly depressed and would like to address my issues with a professional to maybe get something going with counseling or more advanced therapy... possibly even mood managing medication, if necessary. I have not pursued mental health help before and have a clue where to start. Any information from someone that's been where I am and can point me in the right direction would be very appreciated. Ultimately, I want to leave Target, but feel that my current mental state is preventing myself from taking the necessary steps to do so.

I can't comment on the insurance coverage. However, there are some self care activities you can do to support less depressed feelings. Keep hydrated. The brain is 85% water. Eat healthy and try to minimize junk food, esp. carbs. Too many carbs can make you tired. Consider taking a pro biotic. I didn't think mine helped me too much, until I stopped taking it. Then I realized how much it helped to both stabilize and improve my mood. Now it doesn't 'undepress' me, but definitely helps me to feel better.

Hopefully someone who has insurance with Spot can point you in the right direction as to how the insurance works.

And I forgot exercise. The movement you do at work doesn't count. Better if you can exercise and not focus on any tasks, guests, outside distractions.
The exercise is solely for your benefit.

possibly even mood managing medication

dude.jpg

Hello folks, sorry, life kinda happened after I posted this and it wasn't until recently that I called ComPsych's hotline to set up a psych evaluation.

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when I called, but it was surprisingly easy. I told them I was looking for a referral for a mental health professional. They asked me a few questions about how I was feeling and why I thought I needed to see a professional (nothing probing, just trying to get an understanding so they know who to refer you too). They did ask if I was feeling suicidal, but I'm not, thankfully.

They gave me a name, address, phone number and Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) number to cover the 5 sessions. Then they transferred my call directly to the facility to set up an appointment. It was very easy and unassuming. Actually, I wish I would have called sooner knowing how easy it was. My appointment isn't for another week though (that's the soonest, the facility had available, that fit my schedule). So, right now, I'm just looking forward to getting some clarity and hopefully on a path towards better days.

For anyone interested in getting the number. I'd post it, but it's for employees only and might be regional based.

You can follow this guide to take you through the numerous pages to find the number:
Targetpayandbenefits.com > More Well-being Offerings tab > TMLR (Team Member LifeResources) bottom of the list > ComPsych (guidanceresources.com) > The number is near the top left, below the title: ASK A GUIDANCE CONSULTANT

Last edited:
I’ve been downright afraid to call the Target Helpline due to a ( probably ) irrational fear that all the info I tell them will get piped back to my STL.

You don't have to worry about that.
They are a separate operation and have to meet HIPPA regulations.

Ok, well thank you for telling me that.

While we’re on the subject of info, am I required to tell my TL about my personal life / problems if for instance she says I’m not doing my job, getting frustrated, etc....
( she likes to ask invasive questions, and I really don’t want to talk about it )

Keep in mind my TL is a total moron with the maturity of a 12 yr old.

Your personal life is none of your TL's business although anything that would impact your job performance you might want to talk to your ETL-HR.
Even then, what you share should be confidential & only if you think your ETL-HR is trustworthy.

I’ve been downright afraid to call the Target Helpline due to a ( probably ) irrational fear that all the info I tell them will get piped back to my STL.
You don't have to worry about that.
They are a separate operation and have to meet HIPPA regulations.
This. It would be illegal for them to tell anyone else (except your parents, if you’re a minor).

Please call. Other users have reported great success and you get something like 5 sessions free with someone.

I would not open up unless you feel close to losing your job. And then do it to someone you trust.

If your performance is bad and you don't tell them why, something has to give

I would not open up unless you feel close to losing your job. And then do it to someone you trust.

To be clear I think hrzone means opening up to hr at your store. The TMLR hotline is anon.

Alternately you can seek out a professional diagnosis and try to receive ADA accommodation, or use intermittent FMLA if the issue is a medical condition for you or someone you care for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back