Archived AE18 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since as a HR you're liking to act like you have the facts, that number is wrong. My market college onboards make $50-52k. Our last experienced onboard came on at $60k.

Now, stop picking on the VML. We all run our mouths on here because "we know" more.

Seeing how I posted the actual paychart (since removed) I don't pretend to know anything. When I post things on here I back it up with actual documentation, ask anyone who has ever PMed me.

However, I didn't properly account for lower paying markets.

Anyways, no vmtls are making 50K so I stand by what I said.

If you are truly in leadership you know they want vm talent and are willing to pay for it but also know they are glorified brand team members so they cut their pay and took away a lot of their leadership responsibilities to account for that.

Last edited:
Anyways, no vmtls are making 50K so I stand by what I said.

According to my math, you'd have to be making 24-25 dollars an hour at 40 hours a week to come out to 50k a year. Is this a realistic amount that a former VMTL could be making?

ETL minimum is definitely below 60k.

A few years ago, I confirmed that an ETL out of college was making 53K and some change. Albeit it was a small market store.

That being said, I also learned that Target was evaluating its starting wages for ETL's since then. They have been steadily increasing the rates for salary team members. A lot of sites (salary.com, indeed.com, and others) list reviews and pay rates have also confirmed this after researching.

A 50K year team member would be making roughly $24/hr. I have heard of some TL's making in the $20/hr range. Could a VMTL being making $24/hr? It's possible given what I know in regards to negotiating. But it would have to be more of the exception than the norm.

According to my math, you'd have to be making 24-25 dollars an hour at 40 hours a week to come out to 50k a year. Is this a realistic amount that a former VMTL could be making?

The team leads at my store (15 hour minimum wage) who made over 25 an hour had been with the company over 10 years.

The original poster claims to be at store where etls make only 50k so it's probably an 11 or 12 dollar store. I believe at an 11 dollar store vmtls max out at 22 under the old system so again it just didn't add up.

The team leads at my store (15 hour minimum wage) who made over 25 an hour had been with the company over 10 years.

The original poster claims to be at store where etls make only 50k so it's probably an 11 or 12 dollar store. I believe at an 11 dollar store vmtls max out at 22 under the old system so again it just didn't add up.

Do not get me wrong, I don't mean to disrespect anyone. But you're right, it doesn't add up. I think our VM friend here was exaggerating a little bit... ;-)

With holiday pay and Q4 OT a TL making $19-$20/hr can clear $50k.

We have spent way too much time on this but 40 hours at 20 an hour is only 43k. Unless your sfsfun you're not making 7,000 in overtime. Especially as a vm where if you're giving them more than 40 hours they are not being efficient.

Off subject- how many stores have ditched e2e?

We're still E2E in A&A..... and now it's being enforced even more in my District; and probably in my Group. We do EVERYTHING "by the book" ( or at least attempt to). Our A&A service is fantastic; Our FR process is much better....we never have go-backs or rewrap anymore; our Truck push is great; POGs and Adjacencies are great. However, backstock and price-change seems to be our biggest opportunities.

My STL and I had a meeting to get a better action plan going, so....... we're going to be trying something a little different starting next week to combat these opps...... hopefully it will work.

Well Idk if this is part of AE18 but my store is making a new TL position called Digital Team Leader.... suppose to be in charge of SFS.... Idk if they are only doing this at ESFSs or if it is just my store.... the position tho is posted as backroom leader tho instead of Digital Leader

I've heard some chatter about having one TL have Electronics and SFS, and the other sales floor TL have the rest of hardlines, as a process called "Essentials". With the focus on A&A, Electronics, and Beauty.. I cannot see them having one TL look after the rest of the salesfloor.

Last edited:
It seems we're rolling back on E2E. Our new SrMerch ETL liked the way it was done in the #1 store in our district so flow is doing the push in the uboats (only the uboats) and morning team do the rest including the backstock and any push that was on flatbeds, mainly the push for snacks and bev.

It seems we're rolling back on E2E. Our new SrMerch ETL liked the way it was done in the #1 store in our district so flow is doing the push in the uboats (only the uboats) and morning team do the rest including the backstock and any push that was on flatbeds, mainly the push for snacks and bev.

We just rolled back apparel. Price team is doing price change again it's amazing how much faster and efficient they are at it.

My former VMTL was making just that. I'm a little below that range but it's hard to hit 50k unless we are killing some overtime, which isn't gonna happen too often at Target. I'm ok with that, that's why I left my other job to have a better work/life balance even if I got a small paycut.

In my store, even with e2e, price change was still doing price change. We've rolled back on apparel last year. We only rolled back on market this month since that's what our new SrMerch wants and I think it's bec we are also short staffed in market. We are about 5 people less than last year. Cut hours might have also weighed in on his decision.

EDIT: With the start of E2E, price change was only doing price change in apparel, as well as the rest of the store not doing e2e. I can't remember when but I think when 4th Q started, that's when price change does market as well.

Last edited:
Off subject- how many stores have ditched e2e?
We finally ditched it. Only Market is still E2E because it's working fine. Softlines/Electronics/Beauty are partially E2E if it makes sense to do so.

We're still E2E in A&A..... and now it's being enforced even more in my District; and probably in my Group. We do EVERYTHING "by the book" ( or at least attempt to).
I didn't realize there was a "book" for E2E. Everything seemed made up as they went along, and what was written wasn't based on reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back