Archived Mini Distribution Centers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I work in the San Antonio district and was informed this week one of the larger stores in our district was going to be turned into a mini distribution center. Has anyone heard of this before?
This center will be focusing on ship from store not RDC trucks. Sounds pretty interesting and would help alleviate some of the workload of SFS that surrounding stores have.

So I work in the San Antonio district and was informed this week one of the larger stores in our district was going to be turned into a mini distribution center. Has anyone heard of this before?
This center will be focusing on ship from store not RDC trucks. Sounds pretty interesting and would help alleviate some of the workload of SFS that surrounding stores have.

We're going through this now. They tore down about 10 aisles in the back room to add pack stations plus a conveyor belt.

They start remodeling the backroom at my store in a couple of weeks. We are losing one side of light duty and a run in steel for online product only and the additional packing stations.

Are these stores still going to be operational as stores or are they switching entirely to distribution centers?

1534107023770.jpeg

Eventually he's going to get tired and take a nap with all of these rendezvous.

This is so incredibly stupid. We've already take a hit to our margin due to the additional cost incurred with all of these "modernization moves". This will not be good for any store long term or short term for that matter.

Staffing will become an issue as payroll will fluctuate with sales throughout the year too. It will either be feast or famine most of the times unless Spot reroutes online orders from Online DC's and SFS stores to maintain a minimum amount of orders for these newly created Mini DC's. Of course the stores will have to absorb the additional burden of warehousing and payroll. Except it will be considerably more than the SFS program.

So who is exactly going to unload this freight and back stock it? The new process does not allow for any of this type of additional work or offload space. Left hand, let me introduce you to right hand.

In case you all missed the targetred360 videos, all stores are going to this model eventually.

Spot can only blame Bezo for leaving behind land mines and stinking up his back yard for so long. Eventually Spot's going to have to own up to dog piling too close to the back door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back