Archived MIR & Return Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a mixture of regular paperbacks and those, and I did the paperbacks like normal, but the bundles I sent back intact. If that was incorrect, then it should have been annotated on the MIR. Of course, for quite some time, the MIRs have been a joke. 70 MIRs of books, and one DPCI per MIR. What a joke.

I had a mixture of regular paperbacks and those, and I did the paperbacks like normal, but the bundles I sent back intact. If that was incorrect, then it should have been annotated on the MIR. Of course, for quite some time, the MIRs have been a joke. 70 MIRs of books, and one DPCI per MIR. What a joke.
Yeah, what is up with brilliant ideas like "let's make a separate MIR for all these Minecraft novels that are going back to the same place at the same time" instead of something reasonable like one larger MIR. Oh well. Going to give the UPS guy a surprise tomorrow when I figure out a way to package those up.

SCNT is on the PDA under all applications.
I found that one but it looks like all I can do with it is check the carton contents but not generate the carton summary report (or whatever it's called, can't remember right now) that I pull up on the PC.

Fun fact, you can scan DVDs on the salesfloor for the return scan but your just probably not supposed to.

So am I missing something or does SCNT not exist in RFApps? Not sure how I'm supposed to do my half of the return scan when I can't find it where Workbench says it is or in anywhere else I've looked on the PDA.

Also I've got these in one of my MIRs. They're in a Department 02 MIR so I can just send back the covers, right? Or should I send back the barcode on the box as well? Or am I going to have to ship all 10 of these monsters? :(
View attachment 1735
Return book box sets intact. Please tell us your not doing the actual return scan. I am not sure where that app is now. After the scan and a does the audit you do the transfer. It's in reverse logistics. P

Return book box sets intact. Please tell us your not doing the actual return scan. I am not sure where that app is now. After the scan and a does the audit you do the transfer. It's in reverse logistics. P
The scan's been done, I've got a huge flatbed of repacks sitting by receiving right now that everybody's expecting me to do something with. And Workbench's instructions may or may not be half wrong so I'm going to fuck around with that tomorrow and see what does and doesn't work.

Go into Rev log
Mdse transfer
Send transfer crc rtm
You will be given a transfer number that had to written on every label. It will also tell you how many boxes you should have. I then count to make sure I have all of them. If counts don't match get with the scanning team to be sure no box was left in elec stockroom. If they say they gave you all boxes let ap know of the missing box. You will put the transfer on a pallet separate. I will write transfer number, scan box and place box on a pallet. Keep the label facing out because at the end the PDA will tell you if you'd scan every box. If there is a difference you may have to scan every label again to be sure you got them all the first time unless it is the missing box the team can't find. If it's from the team and can't be found just finish the transfer as is. Shrink wrap and put a crc shipping label. Then send out on your next sweep. Think your finished with the return scan? Not so fast you then have to go into the chargeback pc and enter the shipping info. Perhaps your training store can help with that.

Old thread I know, but I can't seem to find the answer. What do the barcodes say or what can I type in the scnt app to start the return scan? I have a return scan tomorrow & no one seems to know at my store.

Old thread I know, but I can't seem to find the answer. What do the barcodes say or what can I type in the scnt app to start the return scan? I have a return scan tomorrow & no one seems to know at my store.
Using rfapps, typing scnt will start the scan.

SCNT is no longer in RF. Web app SCNT it will ask your initials then if you are doing CDs you scan the CD label that should be somewhere in the stockroom or if you are doing movies, scan movies label which should be near the CD one. Then scan a waco and then the first item and if that item goes, it will ask for you to scan the label on the repack box.

YES.
Do NOT flex. I repeat, do not. Challenge your ETL.

Thank you! It is so good to hear this.

I am an electronics tl and the etl-log has been arguing with me to get dcode out of the Stockroom. In most cases I love to do it, but not in entertainment for many reasons. Mostly because I know if it's not on pog, it's dc. So there is WAY too much to flex it all. Plus the return scan and mir.

I stood my ground on it and even got the stl involved. He was smart enough to listen to the former brtm\trainer instead of the brand new etl.

And guess what? We had a green return scan. ;)

I'm trying to prep the backroom for holidays. We get so many dvds it's ridiculous. I remember reading that it's best practice to flex out all nop dvds to an endcap.

If on an end cap, are they capable of being scanned when doing a scan return or must they all be backstocked?

I'm getting conflicting reports. Backroom tl says they can be scanned on the floor. Electronics tm says they need to be backstocked. Both have been with target forever.

I want them all out of my backroom.

I'm trying to prep the backroom for holidays. We get so many dvds it's ridiculous. I remember reading that it's best practice to flex out all nop dvds to an endcap.

If on an end cap, are they capable of being scanned when doing a scan return or must they all be backstocked?

I'm getting conflicting reports. Backroom tl says they can be scanned on the floor. Electronics tm says they need to be backstocked. Both have been with target forever.

I want them all out of my backroom.

for the luv of all things do not flex NOP/Discontinued MMB to the floor because with regards to the return scan the sales floor is a black hole for Movies, once they are out there they essentially disappear. now Music does get scanned on the sales floor, Sometimes but not every time (so no flexing).

and no I've not had my required 3 cups of coffee before interacting with people :(

for the luv of all things do not flex NOP/Discontinued MMB to the floor because with regards to the return scan the sales floor is a black hole for Movies, once they are out there they essentially disappear.
This right here. And with music now being on planogrammed shelf space, you do not have to scan the floor anymore. It should all be located in the back ready to go out with the next return scan.

We took our D058 NOP endcap and turned it into a discontinued/clearance license product endcap.

for the luv of all things do not flex NOP/Discontinued MMB to the floor because with regards to the return scan the sales floor is a black hole for Movies, once they are out there they essentially disappear. now Music does get scanned on the sales floor, Sometimes but not every time (so no flexing).

and no I've not had my required 3 cups of coffee before interacting with people :(

I'm going to flex them regardless to the one specific endcap. Gone through Best Practice, gone through MySupport, partnered with Backroom ETL and TL, Electronics TL, and STL. I'm not asking anyone's opinion on that. It's on one endcap. Not throughout the aisles. That drives me crazy.

True or False? Product can be scanned for the floor. That's all I'm asking.

I'm going to flex them regardless to the one specific endcap. Gone through Best Practice, gone through MySupport, partnered with Backroom ETL and TL, Electronics TL, and STL. I'm not asking anyone's opinion on that. It's on one endcap. Not throughout the aisles. That drives me crazy.

True or False? Product can be scanned for the floor. That's all I'm asking.
Yes. They can be scanned from the floor. Do it first after you scan or input a category, but before you scan a waco location in the back or you will tank your location accuracy.

Yes. They can be scanned from the floor. Do it first after you scan or input a category, but before you scan a waco location in the back or you will tank your location accuracy.

Thank you.

One more question.

Does the scan return take back product that shows zero on hands in the system?

Does the scan return take back product that shows zero on hands in the system?
It does not!

When you scan DPCIs that show 0 on-hands, the app will give a notice saying something to the tune of "Not found in today's scan" and will not add the DPCI to the carton.

Do not throw them in a box and send them anyway. I did once upon a time and learned you do not get credit for those.

At least for me, I found it difficult to update the OH counts for those DPCIs when I tried to research them. Some DPCIs would update and some would not. I had to use the Count Adjustment Form through Workbench to get everything fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back