Archived Modernization

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTo8

Utility team member
Just curious if anyone else is concerned that the rising tm pay versus lead pay might signify something. We're teaching our "business leaders" to basically be leads. Anyone else concerned that the lead position might disappear? Discuss.

It means they value us less and less. Move everyone to SrTL grade, but lower the base pay for that grade, eliminate any incentive for having keys then hand them out like candy, make us close so the ETLs don’t have to while lowering ETL headcount, etc. The real bullshit is for former SrTLs since they’re all well above the new lower base pay now, so no base increases as the TMs get them. A key carrying SrTL lod who used to make $7.50 more than a TM will only be making $4 more by the time TMs are at $15/hr while having more expected of them. Also bullshitty is anyone given keys and having to run the store alone (GM TLs running unload and closing leads) who were PG40 and now that they literally have SrTL duties, oh what a coincidence we got rid of SrTL being a thing.

I think currently they’re working on phasing out ETL’s. From there it’s hard to see them phase out hourly leads as well but each and every work center being under the store director is not going to be effective... i can see execs going but i think it’d be an awful idea to get rid of team leads

I think currently they’re working on phasing out ETL’s. From there it’s hard to see them phase out hourly leads as well but each and every work center being under the store director is not going to be effective... i can see execs going but i think it’d be an awful idea to get rid of team leads
Lol STLs already delegate all the delegating to the ETLs to have their TLs do it, the way the new op model wants leadership to be more hands-off, I don’t know if I see Target making the store director’s job more hands-on. Removing a layer of insulation between the STL and the TMs would be too much culture shock at too many stores, I think. Not all, but many. I don’t know how it is at other stores but at ours, the STL is close with the high performing TMs and they work closely together to try and drive the success of modernization throughout the rest of the business.

I would love a "hands off" day to lead. But sadly the 40 of the same item the DC just dropped on me three days before it goes clearance won't let me have that... hey, here's a surprise 12 hour price change workload since we just sent you 40 of each of these items. Have fun! Not our problem anymore!

I’ve wondered this too. I was thinking that ETLs might be going. Some of those people have zero business being leaders, and yet they make a lot more than I do. Honestly get rid of them, set aside payroll specifically for TLs, not taken out of GM, or food and bev. Actually let them lead instead of having to spend so much time throwing a truck, cleaning up messes or working uboats. I can’t tell you the last time I have seen a leader in my building not doing one of those things. They want team leads to own their business, but 99% of the time they are spending on tasks and not actually leading their teams.

ETLs aren’t going, at least not soon- they are still recruiting like crazy at internships fairs for ETL positions/ hiring. Def see why it’s a possibility though!

ETLs aren’t going, at least not soon- they are still recruiting like crazy at internships fairs for ETL positions/ hiring. Def see why it’s a possibility though!

Yeah, but they can always turn them into Sr. TLs since that's apparently not an actual position anymore.

I have tried to follow the modernization routines for leaders. But stl and etl always added like 500+ tasks to what i need to do. With them doing that i dont see how anyone can be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back