Archived More traffic and sales from online pick-ups? (Poll!)

Do guests buy more in-store when they come to pick-up online orders?

• Yes, $10 or more shopping occur in-store when they pick-up

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Yes, $<10 more

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No, pick-up doesn't bring additional sales

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No, i think pick-up has decreased our store volume

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys:

Are your stores seeing more traffic and sales from online order pick-ups? In your store, do you see a lot of guests buying additional items when they come to pick-up what they've already ordered online? Has that made your store busier?

Thanks Hardlinemaster - do your guests buy more items in-store when they come in to pick up? how have you guys capitalized on the additional traffic?

As a guest, I use drive-up at least once a week, and only step inside if I have to buy things that aren’t drive-up eligible.

As a guest, I use drive-up at least once a week, and only step inside if I have to buy things that aren’t drive-up eligible.

My store doesn't have it yet, but another retailer by me does and I use it all the time.. Cause the last thing I want to do after shopping for people all day is shop for myself. And they are close to the house so cold stuff doesn't melt by the time I get home.

This post is funny, as it looks like Target Corp is soliciting feedback from us on our forum, while detesting our existence. To Answer your feedback, yes, but nowhere near compared to SFS. My store is struggling with the fact that it's best SFS people, (my stores presentation team) suddenly has a lot of workload.

I would have no idea how to tell how much sales in-store have increased because of OPU. I'm not sure anyone outside of corporate would have those numbers, and compiling those would be kind of complicated, I think.

I see guest pickup their order and ask if it’s okay to walk around the store with the item. There’s usually about 180-200 pickup orders a week with maybe 20-30 orders I physically see shopping in the store.

I see guest pickup their order and ask if it’s okay to walk around the store with the item. There’s usually about 180-200 pickup orders a week with maybe 20-30 orders I physically see shopping in the store.

It's enough where you don't knock it. I find with OPU its that one item say the birthday gift that make sure they get then they shop for the rest of their stuff.

My store is one of the top for OPU at least we used to be and that is what I see when I pick the orders. It's either the very important thing or the big bulky stuff that gets OPU'd and they shop for the rest of their stuff.

We have a very high amount of OPU at my store and I almost always see the person go do more shopping or they do the OPU after they’re already done with their shopping trip. If I don’t have more guests I’ll gladly let them check out at the service desk too just as an added bonus haha

We have a very high amount of OPU at my store and I almost always see the person go do more shopping or they do the OPU after they’re already done with their shopping trip. If I don’t have more guests I’ll gladly let them check out at the service desk too just as an added bonus haha

We do that too. A few items sure an entire cart full of stuff - no.. It helps that GS is always busy so we can enforce it.

Reactions: Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back